Decision about RTM

Jo B

So I have had a chat with my LLC about when is the right time for me to go into RTM - as I have said countless times (!) on here, all my weight is now around my stomach, I don't have any more to lose from my legs, arms, back or face etc. I have to accept that I may not lose it all from my middle so I have decided to go to RTM probably next week when my BMI hits 25, I should lose another 7lbs on RTM and then see how I am/feel. That will take me up to Christmas, I will then re-evaluate after Christmas when some of the skin has started to shrink back and I have had the chance to do some excercise to try to tone up my "problem" area, and, if I want to, I have the option of doing another month or so in abstinence.
Wanted to know what everyone else thinks? Does this sound sensible? Part of me wants to carry on as I am not entirely satisfied with where I am but I know, looking at myself honestly, there isn't much weight left to go. I don't want to end up looking gaunt (which I think I will do soon) and I am starting to look older over the last month or so.
I am slightly confused (can you tell?!) but think this is right thing to do.
Any advice/comments?
xx

Hey Hun

I think you should go for it with RTM. I like you am skinny everywhere except for the belly bits - and oh boy they are flabby!!! And ideally bigger than I would like. However, I am size 10's now which I never thought I would achieve, and some of them are getting loose, so I am sure in a week or 2 I would get into an 8. Apart from being slim, body wise I do not look how I expected (lol when I am alone and nekkid infront of the mirror) but at the same time, I am pretty damn happy with what I see, not perfect, certainly flawed, but all me and achieved by me. I know I will loose a bit more initially on RTM but if at the end of RTM I ended up the same as I am now, that would be fantastic too as I feel great right where I am. Hopefully with time, excercise and healthy foods, my skin will snap back and my shape improve. If not and I win the lotto, hey ho always surgery to be had ;P.

For me personally, it just felt right to be starting RTM now. I could easily have carried on in abstinence for at least another month, but then it would also be oh just another kg or 2 and I will stop etc etc ad infinitum, and I would have ended up loosing too much! (who would have thought it??) If you feel ready, you probably are, worst case scenario, balance your weight and if later in a few months you feel you need to do a bit more abstinence then that is always an option open to you. Sorry this is really rambling now, but I am just typing as things come into my head <G>

Good luck whatever your decision. Let me know how it goes and hope to see you in RTM too, would be nice to have someone to share the journey with :)

Jez
xx

Hi Jo,

Not sure I want to influence you one way or the other. However I can see you're looking at this decision fully with your adult head on and being focussed. So whatever you decide it will be the right one for you.

If you do start RTM, good luck, so far I've found it quite easy so I'm sure you will too. Will be nice to have more bods posting in the RTM forum. I get sick of seeing my own posts in there....lol.

Come on over when you're ready...:)

Yo Jo

Sounds to me like you're ready to move onto the next stage. I don't think any of us actually look like we're expecting to (but then years of abusing our bodies is bound to take a toll, there's no way just losing weight will make us look like we did when we were 20!) lol.

At the end of the day, you know within yourself when it's right to move on, and although the initial numbers (BMI, Weight etc) are improtatnt at the start, they become much less so as the diet progresses and our 'mental state/voices/comfort' becomes the overriding factor.

Jo, I think you're ready, and let's face it we're a long time on this planet and can't beat ourselves up if we're not 'perfect' at any time. Life's a journey, not a destination

:)

Sounds like you are ready to me Jo.
We'll never be perfect no matter what.
Just be proud of what you have achieved and learn to be comfortable with who you are and how you are.
Well done xx

hi jo
good luck with rtm - you sound ready in your head!

just to say tho don't 'expect' to lose 7lbs - you may, you may lose less or you may lose more...

my aim was to be the same at end of rtm as at the start (i ended up 1lb heavier, which i am fine with)

daisy x

Thanks guys - in the light of day this morning I think I am making the right decision (although who would have thought that deciding to eat again would be difficult!). So the BMI bit will be OK but waist measurement wise I will still be in the danger zone but hopefully with excercise this will go and my proportions will start to even out.
Clothes wise I am a very comfortable 14 with some things being a 12. I would be happier if I was more a 12 than a 14 but again I am sure I can get there with excercise.
So, 24th September is F day - Food day! The decision has been made

Good luck for F day....:)

Well done on your losses so far...:)

Good luck Jo. Let us know how you get on.

I have set myself a deadline to starting RTM too, although mine is 23 Nov! I should be just about there, but have had a few down times and was feeling unsettled by the thought that my reducing losses mean that RTM keeps getting further away and abstinence was starting to potentially impinge on Christmas. So long as I am in week 5 of RTM I know I can enjoy Christmas and take part in the celebrations, eating a fairly decent meal with family. Much more settled in abstinence now. Funny really - I may yet actually start RTM sooner, but knowing there is an end is definitely good for my head. xx

Hi Wobby, yep I did lose 69lbs in 14 weeks! It's slowed down since then but at that point I was powering through!

T_I it is good to set a date for RTM, it gives you something to aim towards - I still can't quite believe it is less than two weeks away! It looks like me and OH might be going away for the first week of November so I want to be well on the way by then xx

Back