Decisions decisions decisions

JAYJAY33

Hi everyone. I did CD last year between May and August and lost 3 stone getting me to 10stone 13. I wanted to be just under 10 stone but i was going on holiday for 2 weeks. I planned re-starting but that never happened! i have since put back on a stone of the weight and feeling pretty down about it. I am going on holiday 25th August and have numerous weddings etc in the meantime. I have tried weight watchers so many times and im really under decided as what to do. with weight watchers i could start properly 2moro and just try and fit meals out around my points but i know im more likely to cheat this way or i can re-start CD next week after a hen do (with chinese meal) and would then have 5 weeks till a wedding on 16th August. Im hoping i could get off over a stone in that time so i feel ok about being on holiday in a bikini. At the moment that thought terrifies me. i know i should be thinking i have still lost 2 stone since last year but im really annoyed with myself and worried i wont be able to re-start the diet. Sorry for waffling but im so torn about whats best to do because im scared ill fail this diet and also worried weight watchers weight loss is too slow and ill cheat. Im worried that 5 weeks of CD wont give me time to work back up plans etc. So im asking for ideas about my situation and what people think? I know only i can make the decision but its driving me crazy! Thanks for any thoughts, Kate x

Hi JayJay,

You have done well not to of regained more than a stone in weight.

CD has changed a little since last year and you now have the option of SSing+ which you might find it suits you and your life style much better than SSing.

I think SSing + will probably help you in the first week or so getting back on the diet.

Here is a post about it from CD Counsellor...I hope this helps.

Sole Source and Sole Source + (Addition of Skimmed Milk)
You can still just do SS as always however to do this your CDC must write to the GP for information only as SS is below 600 cals these are the new rules.

If you do not want your CDC to notify your GP you must then do the SS+ programmes either 4 shakes and 200ml skimmed milk or 3 shakes and 200 cal meal (similar to the AAM) this equates to 615 cals.

You can however opt to do SS+ anyway as you may wish to have the skimmed milk or extra pack.

You can also have three packs and skimmed milk, however, the GP would still need to be notified as this would fall under 600 cals. This is not a set programme please discuss with your individual CDC.

Please note that carb sensitive people may find the addition of skimmed milk can slow weightloss and break ketosis.

A VLCD (under 800 cals) can only be used for 12 weeks then on week 13 you have to move up to 810 which is a LCD.

SS+ is still a VLCD.

You can also now stay on SS for the 12 weeks continuously then add food in week 13 then continue for another 12 weeks or until BMI 25 is reach which is the point at which 810 has to be introduced.

The foods for the SS+ are as listed in the New Pink and Blue booklet, these are however the same as those listed for AAM in the Old Pink and Blue booklet.
20 Years' Service Award
Special Merit Award Winner 2005

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for your reply, i had not realised things had changed on CD so that means i could have some chickenn of an evening then. Does it slow weight loss down do u know? Thanks, Kate

Hi Kate, weight loss is slowed down but not excessively. Think around 10 lbs per month instead of 14 :)

Don't panic is the main thing...you have already done well to lose the weight and not put it all back on! You know cd works, you are living proof of that just get your positive attitude back on and start back on cd minus the negative thoughts of cheating and you'll be looking fab in your bikini by August!! You have done it before and you'll do it again.x

Hey JayJay, why not join me and a couple of others on the 7 day challenge thread. Might help you decide which is the best diet to go with. I'm desperate to get 7lbs off by week tomorrow for weigh in. Thought i could SS but very doubtful.

i'm in the same boat at the mo hun, i did CD between march and july last year and lost 4st and have regained a stone back and feel really unhealthy, i have tried ww and failed so many times and have contacted my old cdc and just awaiting a date for her to come.

i know it's gonna be hard but so is looking at a wardrobe full of lovely clothes but only being able to wear one or two things.

Good luck with whatever you choose

It is possible to lose a stone on CD in 5 weeks but your head must be in the right place to start this diet. I have been trying since February and only managed to knuckle down and do it for the past week. Now that I am into it I will be OK I hope.
Well done for not putting more back on and good luck with whatever you choose.
Maro

. Does it slow weight loss down do u know? Thanks, Kate

Scientifically and all that, it's works out at about 1/2pound less a week (2lbs a month).

It can often mean the difference between staying on plan or falling off though if you're the type that finds a little chicken or some milk in your tea and coffee, helps you stick to the diet.

Back