*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Thanks hun :)

Just had lunch, but haven't had the lychees as I'm absolutely stuffed. Not too keen on poached eggs when the cases for the pan has been greased in fry light, they tasted a bit odd, so I may have to syn margerine next time I have them otherwise they just stick. I managed my 1/3 superfree foods as almost a third of the plate was mushrooms, and I had 2 grilled tomatoes on top of that :)

Not felt tempted to reach for the crisps or bread, which is a fantastic thing for me, and I'm almost at the end of my first litre of water for the day, I'm feeling quite proud of myself :eek:

Just had lunch, but haven't had the lychees as I'm absolutely stuffed. Not too keen on poached eggs when the cases for the pan has been greased in fry light, they tasted a bit odd, so I may have to syn margerine next time I have them otherwise they just stick. I managed my 1/3 superfree foods as almost a third of the plate was mushrooms, and I had 2 grilled tomatoes on top of that :)

Not felt tempted to reach for the crisps or bread, which is a fantastic thing for me, and I'm almost at the end of my first litre of water for the day, I'm feeling quite proud of myself :eek:

So you should do hun, sounds like you've made some fab food choices to make the first few days easy on yourself! Its a great feeling when you get into control of your cravings and even if you have bad days where they win and you give in, you know that you can pull it back the next day, draw a line under it and start fresh. Like they say we will have bad days but its a complete lifestyle change so when things do go wrong we can pick ourselves up and carry on :D xxxx

So you should do hun, sounds like you've made some fab food choices to make the first few days easy on yourself! Its a great feeling when you get into control of your cravings and even if you have bad days where they win and you give in, you know that you can pull it back the next day, draw a line under it and start fresh. Like they say we will have bad days but its a complete lifestyle change so when things do go wrong we can pick ourselves up and carry on :D xxxx

I've had a fun size mars bar (8 syns I think), so I'm not taking the peanut m&ms home, I'm going to leave them here at mum's so I'm not tempted to scoff them and go over my syns :innocent0002:

And I'm on the last mouthful of my 1 litre bottle of water, need to refill it now, ready for the rest of the day :bliss:

I've had a fun size mars bar (8 syns I think), so I'm not taking the peanut m&ms home, I'm going to leave them here at mum's so I'm not tempted to scoff them and go over my syns :innocent0002:

And I'm on the last mouthful of my 1 litre bottle of water, need to refill it now, ready for the rest of the day :bliss:

Awesome hun though I have some good news. A funsize mars bar is 4 syns if its the 18g one :)

I have a big bottle of water too that I keep with me all the time to remind me to keep drinking!!! xxx

Awesome hun though I have some good news. A funsize mars bar is 4 syns if its the 18g one :)

I have a big bottle of water too that I keep with me all the time to remind me to keep drinking!!! xxx

It was the 36.5g bar, so 164 calories, which would be the teensiest bit over 8 syns, yeah?

I think my chocolate of choice is going to be maltesers, 9.5 syns for a standard size bag if my calculations are correct. Though I do find if I want a choccy fix and I haven't had my hexb I might have one of those fibre plus bars :D

I've spotted a pair of scales on the argos website for £13 that go up to 180kg (really hope I'm not above that or I'd cry), but I have to say I'm really tempted to buy them so I can weigh myself once a week on a monday :eek:

ah yes that one is 8 syns, still good though :D thats right for malteasers yeah :) also if you put them in the freezer for a bit before eating them it makes then last for ages! I know a lot of people put a curly wurly in the freezer too, its fairly low in syns (5 i believe) and because its frozen caramel it takes ages to eat one!

I weigh at home :) £13 is a bargain. just dont become an obsessive weigher! I used to weigh mysef everyday and its not good as your weight fluctuates so much! xx

Ok scrap that about the scales from argos, I've spotted a set on ebay from a recommended seller, they go up to 180kg as well and come with a free tape measure :brill:

I've just ordered them so they should be here either saturday or monday :D I know I said I wasn't going to weigh myself until I saw the nurse, but I think if I weigh myself once a week and I can mark it down then it's going to keep me motivated, espescially if I get decent losses :)

ah yes that one is 8 syns, still good though :D thats right for malteasers yeah :) also if you put them in the freezer for a bit before eating them it makes then last for ages! I know a lot of people put a curly wurly in the freezer too, its fairly low in syns (5 i believe) and because its frozen caramel it takes ages to eat one!

I weigh at home :) £13 is a bargain. just dont become an obsessive weigher! I used to weigh mysef everyday and its not good as your weight fluctuates so much! xx

oooohhhhh I think I'll have to try that with the maltesers as I find I don't take my time with chocolate :eek:

I think every monday is when I'll weigh myself as it's the one day where Chris has the full day off and we're at home all day :D and then as long as it all goes to plan, I can go to the nurse and show her what I've lost :)

Snack - 7 lychees and a toffee muller light. Anyone else find peeling lychees a pain in the backside? I squirted myself in the eye I don't know how many times lol :8855:

You'd have to have the patience of a saint to wait till February to weigh!! I don't think you'll regret getting the scales so long as you can keep to weekly weigh ins and not be tempted to hop on every day (like I do ALL the time!).

Plus you need to know what your highest weight was (I say 'was' because you'll never be this weight again now you've got going) so when you reach target and say 'I've lost x# stones and pounds or kilos' it'll be all the more impressive the bigger the start number :)

Have you tried poach pods for your eggs? You can get them in loads of shops, I got mine in Dunelm Mill but Lakeland do them too (£4 for 2). I do put a squirt of frylight in mine but it's not much and the silicone is much easier to clean if they do stick.

Good luck!

You'd have to have the patience of a saint to wait till February to weigh!! I don't think you'll regret getting the scales so long as you can keep to weekly weigh ins and not be tempted to hop on every day (like I do ALL the time!).

Plus you need to know what your highest weight was (I say 'was' because you'll never be this weight again now you've got going) so when you reach target and say 'I've lost x# stones and pounds or kilos' it'll be all the more impressive the bigger the start number :)

Have you tried poach pods for your eggs? You can get them in loads of shops, I got mine in Dunelm Mill but Lakeland do them too (£4 for 2). I do put a squirt of frylight in mine but it's not much and the silicone is much easier to clean if they do stick.

Good luck!

I think that's what we have, little silicone things that float in the water and poach the egg at the same time. I might give them a try without frylight and see how they come out / how much they stick lol.

As soon as my scales arrive I'll pop myself on them and see how much I weigh. I just can't wait to see the number getting smaller and being able to put that number in my signature under my posts.

Yay :)

Just got back from shopping, got some tomatoes, cucumber, more mushrooms, weight watchers bacon (as it looks like all the visible fat has been removed), basically just a few things to keep me going for a few days until monday.

Is it sad that I'm really excited about this? :eek:

I am so glad you're excited, I am 3 years in and still very excited, I am in unknown territory (well since I was a teenager anyway) and loving it...I don't have a bad body image I can see how much weight I have lost, but I find it hard to imagine myself thin, but one day I will be (and in the not too distant future) and then I'll be able to see it right? lol
So unlike everyone else I am not going to wish you good luck, I am going to say :woohoo: well done you're a star, cos I know you'll make it hun :hug99: xxx

Thank you :D everyone has been so lovely so far and I can see it keeping me focused at times as I'm going to make myself come on here at the end of every day, even if it's just to write down what I've eaten

Great idea, and we'll all be here cheering you on xx

I wish my fella would join, but he hates fruit and veg so he wouldn't do too well :p

You never know, he might just see how well you're doing and want to join in, I know people that don't like much fruit and veg that do this and have succeeded, they find ways of disguising the veg etc in their food...don't matter how you have it as long as you do xxx

I've made that first step and I'm feeling quite pleased with myself :D

Breakfast - I woke up late so had a fibre plus bar (hexb), a toffee muller light and 2 satsumas, I had planned on having a pot of porridge but thought I'd be too full at lunchtime if I did

Lunch - is going to be mushrooms fried in frylight, grilled tomatoes, grilled bacon, maybe a poached egg and some beans with a pot of lychees afterwards

Dinner - is going to be chilli with a bit of pasta and some cathedral city light (hexa) sprinkled on top

Snacks wise, I might have a bag of peanut m&ms tonight (11.5 syns for the 45g bag I have) and might have another muller light

:woohoo: well done for starting earlier than you intended, shows you're really keen to lose the weight :bliss: xxxx

Food sounds lovely :drool: xxx

It was the 36.5g bar, so 164 calories, which would be the teensiest bit over 8 syns, yeah?

I think my chocolate of choice is going to be maltesers, 9.5 syns for a standard size bag if my calculations are correct. Though I do find if I want a choccy fix and I haven't had my hexb I might have one of those fibre plus bars :D

I've spotted a pair of scales on the argos website for £13 that go up to 180kg (really hope I'm not above that or I'd cry), but I have to say I'm really tempted to buy them so I can weigh myself once a week on a monday :eek:
Always make sure you eat your superfree before you touch things like choccie hun, that's a key element to the plan :hug99: xxxx
Ok scrap that about the scales from argos, I've spotted a set on ebay from a recommended seller, they go up to 180kg as well and come with a free tape measure :brill:

I've just ordered them so they should be here either saturday or monday :D I know I said I wasn't going to weigh myself until I saw the nurse, but I think if I weigh myself once a week and I can mark it down then it's going to keep me motivated, espescially if I get decent losses :)

Well done, I really think you should weigh yourself weekly, a) it will give you incentive when you lose, b) it will make you look more closely at what you're eating if you gain and you never know you might just have over or under estimated your weight, so best to make sure.
Plus do measure yourself, I do it regularly every 3 months and the difference is astounding...I have now lost over 98inches off my entire body and even I am amazed at that :eek:

So hun as I said well done and as Arnie always says..I'll be back :bighug: xxxxxx

I always just poach my eggs in hot water, put the pan on to boil, add a little salt, when it's boiling stir it and drop your eggs into the swirling water, cook for about 3 -4 mins and hey presto, drain and serve yummy and no fat and no sticking to the pan or case xxxx

welcome to the boards emmy. You'll find plenty motivation and lovely people here to help and inspire you on your journey. i'm 28 next month too and havedecided this is the year it all changes :) all the best to you. xx

Thanks for stopping by hun :D

I can honestly say I don't even know why I went for the chocolate. I don't know if it was habit or just sheer boredom. But I made sure I didn't go back for more and had my lychees and a muller light instead :D

How do you stop the eggs from breaking up? If I make poached eggs that way they always go really wispy and I'm just left with the yolk :p I absolutely love poached eggs on toast with marmite so I'll defo be needing to find a way around this lol

welcome to the boards emmy. You'll find plenty motivation and lovely people here to help and inspire you on your journey. i'm 28 next month too and havedecided this is the year it all changes :) all the best to you. xx

Hi hun :D thanks for dropping by

That's definitely the first thing that struck me when I joined, was how supportive everyone is of each other. And it's what will keep me coming back every day ;)

Thanks for stopping by hun :D

I can honestly say I don't even know why I went for the chocolate. I don't know if it was habit or just sheer boredom. But I made sure I didn't go back for more and had my lychees and a muller light instead :D

How do you stop the eggs from breaking up? If I make poached eggs that way they always go really wispy and I'm just left with the yolk :p I absolutely love poached eggs on toast with marmite so I'll defo be needing to find a way around this lol

I find that you have to have the water really spinning, the salt is important too and drop them in as gently as you can, they will split but should come back together again, mine always do and I have them regularly, especially when I have my grill up (used to be a fry up but all grilled now, well all except the eggs and chips) xxx

:wavey: found you via my lovely twin Lily's diary :D

are you going to join us listing the 3 positives a day sweetie? it really helps to keep us all motivated :D

I am not doing SW properly but I was and I made so many friends in that section so I hang around in here :D I cook the sw way anyway as love it :D

loads of love
jackie
xxxxx

Hi. I spotted you on a few friends diaries do wanted to say hello.

Its great how enthusiastic you are and raring to go :) I'm the same and weirdly look forward to WI time (mines in about 90 mins!)

Well done so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back