*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

EmmyR1984

Gold Member
:wavey:

I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, and been trying to bring myself to actually join and make that first post, so here goes ...

I'm Emily, this is me ...

fatme.jpg

I turn 28 tomorrow :eek: and I am what people would class as morbidly obese, which is the reason why I'm here. I've had enough of the comments when I'm out, not being able to find anything nice to wear, the thought of actually dying because of my size and I decided that this year would be THE year that I finally did something and stuck to it.

I was referred to the nurse in June of 2010 and just on a general healthy eating plan I lost 2 stone in about 3 months. But then Christmas came, then closely followed by my birthday and I lost all of my motivation and got very, very lazy. So in the end I stopped going to the nurse and put on everything that I lost, and probably a bit more besides.

So I decided that this year I was going to start as I mean to go on and I made the decision that I was going to following the Slimming World plan. I can't go to the local meetings as my partner's job means that I don't have the free time on the nights that he works (he's a carer for my mum who needs 24 hour care and the night the local meeting falls on is one of the nights that he has night duty and we're at my mum's for the night).

My plan is to use this journal as my kick up the backside when I need it and to write a daily list of what I eat. I want to give myself a month of being on slimming world then I'm going to bite the bullet and go back to the nurse.

My start date is a week today. It probably sounds silly to be putting it off for a week, but as I've said, my birthday is tomorrow, which means there will be party food and cake (my mum always puts on a buffet, no matter how old we get lol) and I don't want anything to affect my motivation because at the moment I feel really good that I've made this proactive decision and I know that now I've started this journal I can make myself come back to it as I'd feel like a bit of a fool for starting a journal and then never posting anything in it :p

So, that's me, I'm off to have a nosey around the slimming world section, so sorry for the rambling first post :eek:

same journey

Hi,
like you I have finally kicked myself into starting a new phase in my life,I was going to start on the 2nd jan, but finally decided ,enough is enough.Soooo .. I started last week, my weight was 14st 10, i have lost 3 lbs so far which as given me a small boost. If you want a buddy to compare or just talk to then please keep in touch, I need to do this for my health, as you do, lets do it together.

Junesboat.x :wavey:

Hi Junesboat that would be fab, as I do find that I sometimes need a kick up the backside :)

I have so many things coming up this year and next year which are seriously helping with the motivation.

Firstly, I get married next July, but I have my first wedding dress appointment at the end of March, so I'm hoping to have lost some weight by then.

Secondly, we go away to Turkey at the beginning of June and I'd like to be comfier in the plane seat than I was in 2009 when we went and I had to ask for a seat belt extender (I was mortified)

Thirdly, when we come back from Turkey we plan on trying for a baby. As it stands I highly doubt that I would get pregnant at this weight, plus there's the fact that I'd stand the risk of extra complications.

So, as you can see, there's quite a few reasons as well as my health (which is of the utmost, number 1 priority).

I'm a newbie too but am undecided whether to put a daily diary on here yet.

I've been looking at a few threads on here for about a month now and I've found them inspiring. I'm hoping I've picked up enough tips to follow the sw way of eating and will continue to check posts out for more hints and tips. I don't want to go to a class so will be monitoring it all myself and it's going to be so hard not to step on the scales daily :eek:

I managed to give up smoking last year so I will be able to lose the weight.... Positive thinking ;)

Good luck to us all :)

Good luck in your journey emmy, i wish you all the luck in the world xx

sent from my Samsung galaxy s
9.5lbs left to go to be pre Christmas weight

Good luck emmy. Keeping a diary on here is a good idea and if you are going wrong then others can help you get back on track.

I've been working on a shopping list for monday, lots of tupperware dishes, ingredients for soups, chillis etc. I can't wait to go shopping :)

My plan for Monday breakfast is a porridge pot (think I read that they're 2 syns), a muller light and packet of lychees, then when we get back from shopping I'll cook a batch of soup up and maybe a quiche for that night

Thanks hun :)

Absolutely love this place already and have only been on here since yesterday.

Think what I might do next week until Chris gets the new fridge freezer from his parents on the 15th is just stick to a tomato soup recipe I saw on here - can of baked beans, can of tomatos, blitz them up and then heat them up as our freezer at the moment is fairly full so I don't have the room to put a lot of soup / meals as I have the room for a few meals

I've just been looking through some old photos and came across these photos from when I went to Tunisia with my aunty, uncle and cousins, I think it was 6 - 7 years ago. And this is what I'd love to get back to by the time we go to Turkey, more so for the fact that I was really confident and felt good enough in myself to actually wear a bikini :eek:

I don't know if the goal is too much, but I can give it my best shot. So my plan for the next few days (although we can't do a food shop until monday) is to increase my water intake so that by monday I'll be on 2 litres a day :D

PDR_0091-1.jpg

f9d7f59b.jpg

EDIT** no idea why photobucket didn't like my first picture and deleted it as it's the same as my avatar picture lol, so I've changed it to a different one from when we were in tunisia

Last edited:
Best of luck Emily, you can do it hun. We're all here to help you along the way. xxx

Good luck, you can do it!! xx

Soooooo excited :)

I'm biting the bullet and starting the plan tomorrow, going to nip to the shops and get a loaf of Nimble, some mushrooms, bacon etc and some fruit and salad.

I've got some Chilli in the freezer that I made a few weeks ago - 1 can of tomatoes, 1 can of baked beans, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 large onion, 1 red pepper, a bit of garlic and a few herbs and spices, and cooked them with some lean mince after spraying the pan with frylight. The tomatoes, onion and red pepper are superfree aren't they? So if I had a portion of that with a bit of pasta, would they count as my 1/3 for tomorrow's evening meal? :confused:

EDIT** there's a whole packet of mushrooms in the chilli as well :) and I got about 4 portions out of the batch I made x

Hello Emily.
Would like to wish you luck in your weight loss journey. Im following the slimming world plan too hopefully we can watch the pounds fall off together x

That chilli sounds lovely hun! Yeah the onion, pepper, tomato, mushroom and garlic are all superfree so with some pasta that would be perfect for EE :D xxx

Yay :)

Just got back from shopping, got some tomatoes, cucumber, more mushrooms, weight watchers bacon (as it looks like all the visible fat has been removed), basically just a few things to keep me going for a few days until monday.

Is it sad that I'm really excited about this? :eek:

Just got back from shopping, got some tomatoes, cucumber, more mushrooms, weight watchers bacon (as it looks like all the visible fat has been removed), basically just a few things to keep me going for a few days until monday.

MM lovely, I went to a wholesalers and got a 2kg pack of bacon (lots of freezer space!) and spent bloomin ages trimming all the fat off it! Took forever!

Definitely not sad to be excited about it! Its a big journey in life and one we should enjoy! x

Definitely not you enjoy every minute of it!!

Noooo! Not at all, its something to be excited about. Your making a huge change towards what will be a better, healthier life. Its not sad at all, be proud! :D

Back