*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Hey sweetie, I am going to be controversial here and say don't worry about scale hopping...I know that's unheard of, but I will say put them away if you're going to allow yourself to believe them everytime you get on them. I used to scale hop everyday and the reading were so different everyday I soon came to realise that you could weigh yourself 10 times in 1 day and each time it would give you a different reading, so now and I will admit this, I hop on on the day i get weighed and sometimes the day before, the rest of the week I don't bother, cos one day it will say i've gained 8lb the next I've lost 6lb lol...so I see them as a guide to how I might have done and even then not always ...see I can be controversial :giggle:
I will reiterate though...If you are the type of person that gets upset by what they say then don't do it, if you're level headed and realise the only true-ish reading will come exactly 1 week apart at the same time and wearing the same kind of clothes, then don't worry about it xxxx:hug99:xxxx. .....food sounds fab by the way yum xxx

Hey sweetie, I am going to be controversial here and say don't worry about scale hopping...I know that's unheard of, but I will say put them away if you're going to allow yourself to believe them everytime you get on them. I used to scale hop everyday and the reading were so different everyday I soon came to realise that you could weigh yourself 10 times in 1 day and each time it would give you a different reading, so now and I will admit this, I hop on on the day i get weighed and sometimes the day before, the rest of the week I don't bother, cos one day it will say i've gained 8lb the next I've lost 6lb lol...so I see them as a guide to how I might have done and even then not always ...see I can be controversial :giggle:
I will reiterate though...If you are the type of person that gets upset by what they say then don't do it, if you're level headed and realise the only true-ish reading will come exactly 1 week apart at the same time and wearing the same kind of clothes, then don't worry about it xxxx:hug99:xxxx. .....food sounds fab by the way yum xxx

This is so true. Clever words! I think the reason I don't weigh every day now is because I realised how much it can fluctuate day to day, and though I didn't get upset I don't see the point anymore as it doesn't matter what I weigh until WI day!
Thanks for pointing that one out Lily :) xxx

This is so true. Clever words! I think the reason I don't weigh every day now is because I realised how much it can fluctuate day to day, and though I didn't get upset I don't see the point anymore as it doesn't matter what I weigh until WI day!
Thanks for pointing that one out Lily :) xxx

You're welcome hun xx

Hi Emmy

I found you via the lovely jackie's diary. Just wanted to pop in and say you're doing fab! You can and will do it! I'll be keeping an eye on your journey.

Hope WI goes well!

Well, weigh in for the week is done. This is how I'll be weighing myself every week and it was 366.8, so for the statistics bit, I'll put in 367. The scales are also back into their box for the week as I know if one day it doesn't show a loss then I'll be gutted, so I don't want to be getting into that habit.

I'll admit though, I did have to move the scales around the room a couple of times to double check that the result was right, and I put clothes on just to check that it added any :eek:

Gosh 366.8, that's lower than I was when I last weighed in with the nurse in September :eek:

So, my positives for today ...

1) I weigh less than I did last time I saw the nurse :D
2) Today I feel like I can accomplish anything as long as I set my mind to it
3) I'm over the moon that I have this fantastic place to come to and keep me going ;)

Last edited:
Ooh well done, your positives made me feel all tingly :D lets have another good week then! Xx

Ooh well done, your positives made me feel all tingly :D lets have another good week then! Xx

Thanks hun, it's just made me even more determined to have another proper shot at it this week. :D I have to admit I did tear up slightly when it clicked in that 366.8 was my weight :eek:

Just imagine next week when you stand on them and its a lower number than that how your going to feel then!

Hey Emmy, aww what fabulous positves...I am grinning from ear to ear for you, you will do this, can't wait till next wi to see how you get on and you know what, I have been struggling a little the last few weeks (can't get out of christmas mode), but you just gave me the shot in the arm i needed....well done hun and here's to seeing less of us next week :bighug: xxxxxxx

Well, weigh in for the week is done. This is how I'll be weighing myself every week and it was 366.8, so for the statistics bit, I'll put in 367. The scales are also back into their box for the week as I know if one day it doesn't show a loss then I'll be gutted, so I don't want to be getting into that habit.

I'll admit though, I did have to move the scales around the room a couple of times to double check that the result was right, and I put clothes on just to check that it added any :eek:

Gosh 366.8, that's lower than I was when I last weighed in with the nurse in September :eek:

So, my positives for today ...

1) I weigh less than I did last time I saw the nurse :D
2) Today I feel like I can accomplish anything as long as I set my mind to it
3) I'm over the moon that I have this fantastic place to come to and keep me going ;)

Lovely positives for the day and great news re the weight loss, i'm so pleased for you hun!!!!

And as lovely as you are I want to see even less of you here this time next week ;) xxxxxx

Shopping is done, and I resisted tesco's warm sausage rolls ;) I would normally eat 1 in the car on the way back, but instead, I got a mango snack pack to eat as I couldn't have my superfree this morning because my lychees had gone icky and we had no other fruit in :(

Food for today

Brekkie - fibre plus bar (hexb), muller light and 1 litre of sugar free squash
Snack - Mango snack pack
Lunch - chicken and herb low fat supernoodles, handful of cherries
Dinner - Tuna pasta bake (may have to add syns once I've double checked the recipe)
Snack - snack pack of mccities chocolate covered shorties (6.5 syns), hot chocolate (4.5 syns)

Tuna pasta bake is in the oven.

I halved all of the quantities you gave me Katie as I'm the only one who'll eat it, so I have a portion for tonight and one for tomorrow lunchtime :D

I used 110g of philadelphia extra light instead of fromage frais (I forgot to buy it) and the quark (I really wasn't keen on the taste when I first tried it lol)

I figured it out as 28g = 1.5 syns (from what I found out when I searched)
110g \ 28g worked out as about 3.8 so I rounded it up to 4
4 x 1.5 was 6 so, as long as I'm right that's 3 syns and a hexa per serving as I used 42g in the mix and sprinkled 42g on top :D

Can't wait to try it :p

well done on your loss, its fantastic I'm so pleased for you, and next week even more xxx

Well done on the loss and on your positives too x

You really do souls like you are doing so well. Making healthy choices,, resisting temptations, planning ahead, cooking from scratch, trying new foods and recipes. Great stuff.

Btw. Give quark a chance as it tastes better in recipes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on the loss and on your positives too x

You really do souls like you are doing so well. Making healthy choices,, resisting temptations, planning ahead, cooking from scratch, trying new foods and recipes. Great stuff.

Btw. Give quark a chance as it tastes better in recipes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried making stuffed mushrooms with it and I just couldn't stomach it :eek:

Just had a 2 hour soak in the bath with a book and I look like a prune :8855:

Going to have my hot choccy and mini biscuits at 9, which should hopefully mean that when Chris comes to bed I won't be wanting to snack :)

Back