*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

:bighug:ready for your return xxxxx hope you have had a fab holiday xxxxx

I am sooo jealous of you Em, bet you have a lovely tan by now! Missing you lots and can't wait to hear all about your jollies :D x

Hello Lovely Emmy, hope you had a fab holiday, can't wait to hear how it went, missed you sweetie :hug99: xxx

Ooo, look how excited we all are :D The suspense is killing me, I'm dying to know how your holiday was!

We are all missing you lots Em, but know you will be having the best time! x

Got back this morning and mum had phoned Chris' parents for me to phone her as soon as we got back to the house - her pup got swept away in the floods :(

I'm in bits at the moment, so I'm just going to take some time to get my head around it and then I'll pop back and let you know how the holiday went xxx

Oh Emily, that is so sad! What a way to end your lovely holiday. Big hugs for you honey! We will all still be here when you get back, so take your time. Thinking of you xxxx

Oh, hun. What a horrible end to your holiday *hugs* xxx

Morning lovely Em, so sorry to hear about the puppy :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:, of course you need time, we will be here and thinking of you, when you are ready lovely :bighug: xxxxx

Sorry to hear that :(

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop on and let you know how the holiday went. I'm really not feeling 100% because of what happened to Yogi, but I also wanted to drop in and say thank you so much for your messages - they mean so much to me.

In short it was one of the most amazing holidays we have ever had, the resort was amazing, just heavenly. The weather was gorgeous (apparently they were having a heat wave)! The hotel was in an ideal place (just a short walk from the town centre) and the staff were fantastic, so much so that we're skipping a honeymoon next year and planning to go back for 10 days in 2014 to the same hotel.

We did 3 trips

Caunos and bbq - which was a trip up to the Caunos ruins, past the rock tombs and a moonlight bbq on the boat
Discover dalyan - turtle beach (we saw 2 big caretta turtles, I got some fab pics - which I'll share once I've uploaded them to facebook), the mud baths and then lake gocez :)
Saklikent gorge - this was an all day trip, via fethiye (where we bought my wedding ring!!), Tlos (similar to the caunos ruins, so Chris and I didn't go in and just stayed in the shade having a drink) and then up to the gorge - it was stunning, absolutely amazingly beautiful, I wasn't brave enough to walk over to it (as you had to walk through very fast water about waist deep) but Chris did ;)

We had a couple of nights where we had some thunder and lightning, but each day was scorching hot :D We also had a couple of tremors from earthquakes in Fethiye. The first one I was stood at the side of the pool and the ground just shook, it was so weird, I actually thought I was just going dizzy until others could feel it. And the second one we'd gone to bed and were just settling down for sleep and it was a lot less strong than the first one.

When we came home all of the staff came to the reception, hugged and kissed me (the shook Chris' hand) and waved us off - such attentive and lovely people, really can't wait to see them again.

I'm aiming to be back next week when we get home, I'm still finding it hard to process what's happened to Yogi (which probably sounds really stupid as he wasn't even my dog), and I'm not sleeping a lot as everytime I attempt to doze off all I can picture is him being swept away (even though I wasn't there and didn't see it) :(

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Glad to hear your holiday was so amazing. I think your reaction to what happened to Yogi is completely normal, I hope you start feeling a bit better soon and hope your mum is ok :)

Back