defected to ww AND

irishchub

lasted half a day!!! Had awful hunger pains!!!! Has anyone any advice or inspiration to pass on that might help me get on the sw train before I put all my weight back on again through greed and laziness????

Oh get back on the train Irishchub!!
It's so easy.... you know it makes sense. No counting.....No limits......FREE food......more FREE food....No hunger pains....No nasty points! Oh and even more FREE food!!!

Jump back on, the door is open and waiting for you chick!!

If I can do it, you can do it!

lasted half a day!!! Had awful hunger pains!!!!

Now that'll learn ya!!! Get thee ito the kitchen and fill up on lots of FREE FOODS!!!

Lol, I think the others have said it far more effectively!

Come on Hun!! get on here as much as you can, keep a diary, make loads of food and freeze it so that on an "off day", you can defrost something rather than eat rubbish as you cant face cooking!

Good luck and this plan really does work!

I have suffered the pain of WW a few times with varying success. never as much as SW though! (the success, not the hunger pains lol)

SW fits into life without walking around with your points calculator checking every item....It is a fantastic diet. Like everyone has said, think of all the FREE food.

This forum is fantastic :)

If anyone told me I could only have x amount of points in a day you can guarantee I would eat them all by lunch and be starving. At least with SW you never have to be hungry so its worth it just for that. Come away from the darkside and eat free foods to your hearts content :)

absolutely, I only tried WW once and only lasted half a day too, tbh, their points system is just another form of calorie counting, I don't understand why they are still going when SW is so much better, more flexible and generous and cheaper!

I did actually manage about 3 weeks on WW's, but it wasn't for me...I just don't like being hungry!!

I just do green days and I keep stocks of fat free super noodles and tinned spaghetti for those days when I can't be bothered to cook and want a quick fix!

I think the whole reason SW works so well for so many people is that it removes that feeling of restriction you get from counting calories or points ... it's a psychological thing. It changes how you look at eating, turns it from something you feel guilty about to something you find genuine pleasure in.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has come off SW and been able to go back to a counting-everything 'diet'? I just don't think I could do it, now.

absolutely, I only tried WW once and only lasted half a day too, tbh, their points system is just another form of calorie counting, I don't understand why they are still going when SW is so much better, more flexible and generous and cheaper!

Theyre still going because its a system which works and suits a LOT of peoples lifestyles more than other diets do. I wouldnt say theyre less flexible or generous than SW and is SW less than £4 a week????

Its horses for courses, what suits one doesnt suit another but for every person who it doesnt suit there will be ones who it does. Personally I couldnt hack SW, just didnt suit me or my lifestyle, found it far too restrictive

I was always hungry on ww and wouldn't like to go back to it, I'm only allowed 19 points and it's just not enough!

You need to think about why you want to lose weight and focus on the end result. Don't get swayed by the devil disguised as takeaways and treats! Take it one day at a time, and pretty soon you'll lose your 18 lb and be much happier with yourself. Good luck!

I agree with Sandy, WW is still around because it works for a lot of people. I know people who have switched from SW to WW cus they want to learn how to limit their food intake. With SW you can eat endless amounts of food and that's why I love it but it doesn't suit everyone. I couldn't do WW, it wouldn't suit me or my lifestyle at all but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for others

I also think the only time any diet will work is if your head is in the right place. Until you get to a point where you know it is what you want to be doing, then any plan will fail and you have to accept that. I hope you decide which you want to follow and good luck with your journey.

I have done both SW and WW. I find WW just doesnt suit me, as I am an big eater. SW helps me be able to eat big, but eat right. WW triggers my guilt factor too much (recovered eating disorder). The syns system works better for me, as I can use them in one day if I want without guilt (I never do, but know I can lol)

I know people who have done amazing on WW. And I understand why. It is teaching them to eat in moderation.

One person will be hungry on such a plan and another wont be. Just the way it is.

Aslong as a 'diet' is a healthy eating plan, then more power to it and good luck to all who try them :)

Reactions: Taz
Personally I couldnt hack SW, just didnt suit me or my lifestyle, found it far too restrictive

Sandy, SW Restrictive? In what way? I can understand why some people can't handle eating vast amounts of food but Ive never heard anyone calling SW restrictive before?

I have done both plans and actually enjoyed the two of them but at the end of the day SW came out just that little bit better to suit my lifestyle and i know i will get to goal on SW this year!

I have tried ww in the past and didnt find i was hungry on it so i dont know why i was so hungry this time!!??? I do love sw cos I love to cook and cos of the amounts that i can eat but for some reason I can never really TELL when im full so my portions are usually massive (and im only tiny so that cant be right can it??!) I defect to WW cos I thought that I needed the restriction as in how to reduce the amount I eat but nooooooooooooo didnt work for me - I do love sw, i just need to get organised, thanks everyone - im slowly but surely getting there like us all!! xx

Back