DELETE PLEASE

30 minute run using week 9 couch to 5k podcast (so + 5 mins warm up and 5 mins cooldown) and 100 squats

Re: Body Magic

And you too :) It's nice to see that you're doing something every day...it's encouraging me to keep it up. Well done on the run, half an hour is good going!

I've averaged a loss of a pound a week since I started SW 29 weeks ago and I'd love to speed it up, so I'm hoping the extra exercise will help. I've become a lot more toned since joining the funfitt but it hasn't effected my weight yet.

Today I took the dog for a walk, around 30 minutes and I did the 30 DS. My legs feel like jelly after the lunge squats!

Haha it's funny you should say that about me doing something every day encouraging you - it's having you on here posting every day that's encouraging me to do something every day so it's a virtuous circle :D

I had to build up to the 30 minute run - I used the NHS couch to 5k podcasts over 7 weeks to get there (supposed to be over 9 weeks but I got impatient and skipped from 7 to 9!) from only running for 1 minute at a time. Only did it after I'd lost about half of what I wanted to lose though as it's tough on the joints and I've got a slightly dodgy knee already from overenthusiastic Zumbaing :D

I've got a similar average to you 28 lbs in 26 weeks so just over 1 lb per week - to be honest that's not a bad rate to lose it at, you don't want to lose it too fast so that it stays off. The exercise will help tone and build your muscles so it probably wont always show on the scales - I've seen that some weeks, but like you I can feel the toning effects and I'm happy to continue at the same rate of weight loss if my muscle tone keeps improving.

I'm 10st now but people don't believe I weigh that when I tell them - I'm clearly packed full of muscle ;)

Try not to focus on the numbers so much - I know it's easier said than done but I ended up getting really stressed a few weeks ago over everything and was far too focussed on the scales each week it was making me ill. I've taken a step back the last couple of weeks, stopped weighing every day at home and just trusted in the plan. I've felt a lot happier - last week I *only* lost 0.5 lbs but mentally and physically I felt like I'd lost 3 or 4 so wasn't so bothered what the scales said as I felt brilliant.

Re: jelly legs - for me the killer is the anterior arm raises in the final strength set, they totally kill my shoulders but I do love a bit of pain :)

Back to 30DS tomorrow I think :D

I read your post last night but I was too tired to reply, lol, which is a good thing as I suffer from Fibromyalgia and usually I can't sleep easily at night. I think all this exercise is really helping my symptoms. This time last year I couldn't walk a mile and now I walk double that most days with my dog Ruby.

I was weighing myself last week nearly every day on the home scales (something I hadn't been doing) and I was 3 lb lighter on the SW scales when I weighed in on Wednesday. I'm not going near them now, like you said, we're building muscle and feeling slimmer so that's what matters. I was talking to a lady in the weigh in queue and she couldn't believe I was 2 stone over weight so that kind of stopped me stressing :)

I'd love to be able to run, I have a twin sister and she started running a couple of years ago and has done the Dublin marathon. She got all the energy lol! But she struggled with her weight for years and now with SW and the running, she looks fabulous. When I'm lighter, I might consider joining this club in the village that run as group. I need the support of a group...that's why I joined the Funfitt class - which I love I do it on Monday and Wednesday nights. It involves weights, movement to music and Pilates poses and then a circuit thing on the Wednesday.

Do you still do the Zumba? A lot if the women in my group do it and it seems like a good social thing to be involved in. My fitness lady has offered to do a body analysis with me tonight, which she'll repeat in 6-8 weeks to show my progress. She's going to measure me and calculate my fat to muscle ratio. It'll interesting to see what develops :)

Enjoy you 30DS! I'm taking a day off from it...

Great to hear you are seeing health improvements from your body magic Jennie :)

I think it's great to aim for joining a running club - even better to have a twin sister who has already lost the weight and is running so you can see exactly what the future could hold, a brilliant real life visualisation method!

Funfit sounds like a good thing too - I've not heard of it myself but it's good to have something you enjoy as it means you're more likely to stick with it. Zumba is my equivalent I guess - I really love to dance and stay fit so it's a great combination. The class I go to is really tough, but the instructor looks fantastic and it really spurs me on to visualise myself looking like that eventually :) It's only once a week but they are on a break for a couple of weeks due to holidays so I picked up on the 30DS to make sure I didn't slack :D

Will be great to have that measure of fat/muscle - another area to see improvement when the scales don't show it sometimes.

Did my 30DS today plus 105 squats - that's the equivalent of 4 days on 30DS now. Am thinking I'll do tomorrow also and maybe another run on Sunday.

Hope you enjoyed your rest today :)

Had a great day Emmy, thanks. I was going to take it easy but I ended up doing around 2 hours potting and tidying in the garden...the weather was quite good today and we rarely have that so I seized my chance. That was body magic in itself! I went for a walk earlier for around 30 mins and then up to get my body analysis done, another 15 mins or so. I'm going to have it done again in a month so it'll be interesting to see if I've changed much. I did my 180 squats, reluctantly.

I do the exact same thing as you with my SW consultant. She's around the same height as me and when she started SW she was a bit heavier than when I started and now she looks fabulous. Every time I see her I say to myself, "That will be me" :)

Positive thinking has got me this far :)

Left my workout until the end of the day today so it was that much harder to actually get round to doing it but there was no excuse as I already had my workout gear on ready to go :) Felt better on the knees though I felt like I had less energy.

Did 30DS L1 plus 110 squats - that's 5 days of shredding over the week so think I'll try a run tomorrow maybe or something cardio based

Got my body magic in earlier today to prevent that end of day dragging of heels - 5k run done today (28 mins) plus warm up/cool down walking (15 mins), it's a rest day for the squats so none of them to report.

Traditional body magic over the weekend...housework and gardening. It's amazing the amount of calories that you burn.

I want to start Body Magic after my weigh in tomorrow cause I would love to have some more stamina. I'm picking up some Zumba DVDs from a friend later today, anyone have any experience with them? Are they suitable to start with? I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, last time I did exercise was in PE in highschool :ashamed0005:

Hi all going to join your thread for some motivation.

Started the gym last Tuesday and also went on Wednesday then started the 30 DS on Thursday. I have done the shred for 4 days now and am going to try to do it in the 30 days but my body may just have something to say about that!!

Went to the gym yesterday and was shocked to notice that only from Tuesday my stats have changed. On Tuesday I couldnt go past 5.5 speed on a 4 incline and my heart rate was 159 at some points of the workout (treadmill). Yesterday I was able to do 20 mins at speed of 6 on a 4 incline and my heart rate never went about 135! I think its the shred that is helping but doing the two together kills!

I want to start Body Magic after my weigh in tomorrow cause I would love to have some more stamina. I'm picking up some Zumba DVDs from a friend later today, anyone have any experience with them? Are they suitable to start with? I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, last time I did exercise was in PE in highschool :ashamed0005:

I have had the Zumba DVDs since Christmas with a view to using them at home but after putting them on to see what they were like and trying out about 10 mins of it, I have to say they are now gathering dust under the coffee table! That isn't a reflection of the DVDs themselves though, just my inability to get round to putting thme on :)

I go along to a Zumba class every week instead and really enjoy it - it's a great workout and fun as well. So I'd say the DVDs are a great way to get started and learn a few of the key moves involved and then if you feel like it you can move on to an actual class later.

If you still have some way to go on your weight loss journey, swimming would be a great way to get in a bit of extra activity as well as it's a whole body workout and doesn't stress the joints.

Well done for making the decision to start your body magic - keep posting on here to say how you're getting on, just 4 weeks to go until you get your first certificate ;)

130 squats first thing and then 30 min walk to weigh in, 30 mins walk into town and 30 mins walk home - taking it easy today ;) Back on 30DS tomorrow

Body won, there was a day off from body magic yesterday and I have to say it was welcome, but back on it today and hitting the gym after work then the shred when I get home.

No excuses dinner is already made and all housework sorted so just need to get stuck in and on with it!

Body won, there was a day off from body magic yesterday and I have to say it was welcome, but back on it today and hitting the gym after work then the shred when I get home.

No excuses dinner is already made and all housework sorted so just need to get stuck in and on with it!

You're totally right to listen to your body - it will benefit hugely from the rest and will definitely need it if you're not used to the level of activity that 30DS needs. I'm only doing it 2 or 3 days in a row max and then doing something cardio based on the 2 off days plus a rest day once a week as well where I do neither.

The 30 day business is just marketing - always listen to your body ;) Am feeling a great difference myself already, even without doing it every day - today was my first day of doing full 'man' push ups for 2 sets without having to drop down into the knee ones after one set, very pleased with myself :D

So my body magic for today was 30DS L1 - rest day on the squats today.

Hope to see updates from Jennie and Kells later :D come on ladies keep up the good work!

Oops - wishful thinking on the squats, it's not a rest day at all :D

135 to be done today apparently - will do them a bit later and report back ;)

Cheers for the pep talk Emma!

Can someone share the 30 day squat challenge details with me?

Back