Deliveries ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH sorry nothing to do with the diet

Kath

Water water everywhere
Soooo yesterday I waited in all day for my Cambridge kit to come. When 4.30 arrived I got a bit worried and chased it up. yipppeee it arrived half an hour later. Bit of a waste of a day but such is life.

soooo today I'm awaiting my first order of stock, very excited I've waited in all day. 3 o'clock came and I had to nip and pick my son up from school, so I left a note by the doorbell to say what time I'd be back.

Got back and had missed him by 5 minutes :(

Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh is my life going to be spent waiting in for deliveries!

I'm expecting another delivery tomorrow too....phoned them to warn them I'm not here school times but they can't do anything about it :( Just pot luck.

So anyone fancy sending me some magic so that the delivery man comes when I'm in :D Hopefully about ooh 8 o'clock in the morning would be perfect :D

Ok I've finished ranting now. Well at least until my husband comes in and I can rant at him :blahblah:

Hi kath, well done on becoming a CDC!!

We used to have our own business and had daily deliveries with various delivery companies.

Their were times that wern't convenient for us to take deliveries, and we had a chat with the delivery men (not the office) if they know you are going to be a regular, often they can be quite nice and work their round so they avoid you at certain times.
This can't always be done, if say you are the only drop in an area, but often these delivery people have regular drops and pick ups to do in the same town and can jiggle it a bit..

It might not work or you might not get the same guy (depends on the company) but it is worth trying to save the hassle of worrying about deliveries...

Anne

you will usually have the same driver so can pretty much predict where you will be on his run - i have the same guy and he always delivery by 9.30 so if it hasn't arrived i know he is sick or away and to chase the depot (seems the regular is the only one who can find my house!). I also have an arrangement with him that if i'm not there he leaves it in a cupboard by my front door.

Is there a side gate or something you could arrange for them to drop it at?

Hi kath, well done on becoming a CDC!!

We used to have our own business and had daily deliveries with various delivery companies.

Their were times that wern't convenient for us to take deliveries, and we had a chat with the delivery men (not the office) if they know you are going to be a regular, often they can be quite nice and work their round so they avoid you at certain times.
This can't always be done, if say you are the only drop in an area, but often these delivery people have regular drops and pick ups to do in the same town and can jiggle it a bit..

It might not work or you might not get the same guy (depends on the company) but it is worth trying to save the hassle of worrying about deliveries...

Anne

Good idea thanks Anne :)

you will usually have the same driver so can pretty much predict where you will be on his run - i have the same guy and he always delivery by 9.30 so if it hasn't arrived i know he is sick or away and to chase the depot (seems the regular is the only one who can find my house!). I also have an arrangement with him that if i'm not there he leaves it in a cupboard by my front door.

Is there a side gate or something you could arrange for them to drop it at?

Oh that's good to know, if it'll be always the same one then hopefully he'll be understanding when I tell him I'll never be here at school dropping off and pick up time!

I have got a porch but I was told I'd have to sign for it and they couldn't leave it anywhere. Maybe once he has done a few deliveries he'll start leaving them for me :)

Do you know there is a postal strike tomorrow, guess it will only effect royal mail though. Hope it doesn't mess up your deliveries

Do you know there is a postal strike tomorrow, guess it will only effect royal mail though. Hope it doesn't mess up your deliveries

Oh my god!!!!! I have GOT to get my delivery tomorrow, I've got my first two clients starting the weekend!

Panic panic panic

Although the rational side of me is shouting it won't be affected ANC are not connected to Royal Mail...are they :confused:

I always get my deliveries left in the porch, mainly because like you, I'm out on either the school run or the nursery run. Although oddly he leaves the stuff in the porch and 9 times out of 10 I'm in the house. I don't remember having to sign anything.

When you place the order just remember to ask the orderline to make a note on the order that it can be left in the porch, and it shall be so.

I always get my deliveries left in the porch, mainly because like you, I'm out on either the school run or the nursery run. Although oddly he leaves the stuff in the porch and 9 times out of 10 I'm in the house. I don't remember having to sign anything.

When you place the order just remember to ask the orderline to make a note on the order that it can be left in the porch, and it shall be so.
Oh fab, I shall do that then with the order line, didn't realise I could but that'd make life much easier :)

Is there a postal strike? Oh well, no it won't affect your ANC delivery.

Phew :D

At least your delivery arrived!

I waited in for mine to come today (not CD!) & guess what?? Still no delivery - Aaargh :mad: Makes me SO mad when people don't deliver as arranged!

Sorry, that was my venting done :sigh:

Kath

I am never about for the ANC chaps, no matter what time they call.

When I order, I state that I will collect from the depot and for them to not attempt delivery.

It has worked perfectly, apart from once when they didn't read the brief and tried to deliver it anyway.

Just a thought, but of course it does depend how far you are from the depot and the ease you will have collecting. It does cut out all the flaffing about though.

At least your delivery arrived!

I waited in for mine to come today (not CD!) & guess what?? Still no delivery - Aaargh :mad: Makes me SO mad when people don't deliver as arranged!

Sorry, that was my venting done :sigh:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr that's so infuriating! I really really hate it when that happens.

Kath

I am never about for the ANC chaps, no matter what time they call.

When I order, I state that I will collect from the depot and for them to not attempt delivery.

It has worked perfectly, apart from once when they didn't read the brief and tried to deliver it anyway.

Just a thought, but of course it does depend how far you are from the depot and the ease you will have collecting. It does cut out all the flaffing about though.

I think it would end up costing me a fair bit in petrol to do it that way but thanks for the advice anyway :)

the delivery disclaimer sounds the best bet to me.

If you telephone the orderline and ask for your consignment number then phone your local depot they can contact the driver and give you an approximate time he will arrive at your home.

You can also arrange for before ten delivery but there is a charge for this.

Linda

Poor Kath, makes you feel like life is standing still!

I guess it'll be easier once you've had contact with the delivery company.

when did you train?

Back