Newbie with lots & lots of weight to loose.

nightlady86

Hi Guys,
found this forum quite by mistake to be honest, but it looks really good.

I have struggled with my weight all my life, brought up on bread and struggles with that demon still to this day.
I literally have about 20 stone to loose, I was going to slimming world and my best achievement was 13lb in one week, but due to my work rotas keep changing in work etc I have decided to join online and diet with another big girl at work, so I don't keep missing class.

I started again 2x wks ago and already I walked up to the bus stop for work this morning and noticed I only stopped twice in my road, where as I usually have to stop about 5 times.

As I said I have always had a problem with my weight but in 2014 I decided to decorate the living room and I fell off the ladder as I was wallpapering.
I really hurt my back and was out of work for 6 months and literally lived on the sofa. I ballooned to 36 stone and could hardly walk. my mum passed away and I had to use an umbrella as support at her funeral, I was so embarrassed.
last time I weighed I was about 31 stone, so still got a long way to go but I am a nanny now for the first time with a 7 wk old grandson and I want to see him grow up.
I do get very emotional & my husband is very good, but I'm not happy anymore and the only person who can change me is myself.

My grandson has been a huge wake up for me and I look forward to the future.

So, Hello lol lol

Hi there,

I wish you the very best of luck with your weight loss goals. :)

Hi :classic_smile:,

I'm a newbie here myself. Joined Slimming World a week and a half ago and this site a few days later.

You've had a pretty crap time by the sounds of it, but you're right, the only person who can change you is you; same for all of us here I think. What's got me determined this time is the seriously negative impact my weight is having on my life; painkillers four times a day and extremely limited movement in my hips. Fortunately I don't work shifts so I can go to class regularly. Good on you for signing up online with your friend. It certainly looks like it's having a positive impact already with that drop in the number of times you need to stop when walking to the bus stop.

Keep it up; we're all in similar boats and are here for each other.

Welcome :classic_smile:

Hi there. Good luck. Posting regularly will help you - both by keeping on going and also getting info when you need it. And you will be inspirational for others too.

Hi. I too have struggled with the weight all my life. I started gaining weight at 4 years old. I was introduced to cheese on toast and had to get eating it every evening until I left home at 17!

I gained a stone a year and my weight and age matched for years. My highest ever was 22st 2lbs about 3 months ago or ago.

I want to start living instead of hiding myself away. Good luck!

Hi. I too have struggled with the weight all my life. I started gaining weight at 4 years old. I was introduced to cheese on toast and had to get eating it every evening until I left home at 17!

I gained a stone a year and my weight and age matched for years. My highest ever was 22st 2lbs about 3 months ago or ago.

I want to start living instead of hiding myself away. Good luck!

This is well said. You've got this.

I think it really helps to live well whilst shifting the fat. Not sure what it means for you. For me, it means wearing good clothes and looking after myself.

So I have clear out things as they get baggy. I have some ribbon tying my belt loops together so my current jeans fit at the waist (not yet baggy on the thighs). I buy clothes usually in charity shops or ebay, and sometimes in supermarkets. I've just got 2 tunics from amazon. They took a while to arrive but are fab colours. So I feel I look good as I shed.

I get lower cost or sales tops I can wear until baggy (more than loose - I enjoy the loose time as they fit snug when I started wearing them).

Not sure if I'll do it this time - last time I bought jeans in Tesco's and was excited by going through the sizes and having the next size down in my closet. I already have some different brand jeans I got for £4 each from a charity shop in smaller sizes so may not do that this time.

Btw, last time I shed weight, it took 4 stones at first before anyone else noticed I was slimmer! So being your own cheer leader is essential.

Living well for me means self-care: - making sure I am skin brushing (sometimes in the shower, sometimes dry - good for the lymph system and may help skin to tighten), using moisturiser and making sure I paint my toenails etc. Reconnecting with some old friends I've not been seeing.

Living well for me means cleaning up my habitat. I'm back to flylady.com and sorting out my clutter and getting routines back. I've got anti-depressants, and I've started swimming at least once a week.

This time, living well also means getting a really clear vision of what living well at goal will mean. So I can stay at goal. That will mean for me daily weighing, food planning, and never ever again buying a bigger size when my trews are getting tight!!

Yes I'm familiar with the fly lady myself and I think her book was the first decluttering book I bought.

Some good ideas there. We have to be kind to ourselves. I know I spent many years hating myself from low self esteem.

Back