demotivated today

babystar31

Gold Member
Very demotivated today....argh. After Saturdays big night out i indeed did put weight on (as i knew and expected i would) so yet another week fighting to lose a gain and prob STS on weigh in day....knowing i wont see much of a loss if any isnt doing it for me today. Defo wont let it stop me, i'll keep going with the nice thought that next weeks weigh in will surely be a fab one lol. And i know its my own fault for planning nights out....glad there all done now. 2 days to weigh in and still +1lb so got to keep at it and get that back off :(

Hi Im only starting Exante today but have done cambridge in the past and know how it can be hard getting back on track after a break (even if planned) but it is certainly doable and as you know a lb on a vlcd is nothing and could easily be gone by weigh in.
Like you say next week should show you a fab loss and sometimes having a bit of a break can really boost your losses.

Stick with it and treat yourself in some way to make the day easier (manicure, bubble bath etc) and be proud of the fact that you have had the control to go off plan and get back to it which is much harder than being good 100%!

Hi, you'll get that pound off but can I be harsh????

DON'T CHEAT it's not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxx

Very demotivated today....argh. After Saturdays big night out i indeed did put weight on (as i knew and expected i would) so yet another week fighting to lose a gain and prob STS on weigh in day....knowing i wont see much of a loss if any isnt doing it for me today. Defo wont let it stop me, i'll keep going with the nice thought that next weeks weigh in will surely be a fab one lol. And i know its my own fault for planning nights out....glad there all done now. 2 days to weigh in and still +1lb so got to keep at it and get that back off :(

Me too! It's taken me over a week to get to my pre cheat weight, it's rubbish.:cry:

Hay babystar, I always admire people who restart because I know it is difficult, and I saw your posts you were sticking to the diet even before your planned evening out. I know I could not have done it, I would have stuffed my face all that week and start fresh after the night out.

I started this diet, with intention of not stopping, I had a hen night for my friend planned on the 9th of January, and I started on the 10th even though I could have started beginning of the year but I know myself, I could not do restart. I know I have no outing planned until I reach target.
So well done in your restart, I know it is hard, but stick with it and the scale will only keep going down.

Thanks everyone, i know i will and can keep going.....just having a blah week for many reasons.

Dtch harshness is a good thing sometimes....but on this occasion i am not classing it as cheating. I had the night out planned for months, i wanted to go, and decided to take the night off. I have the burial of my grans ashes this sat so needed the night out to lift my spirits and it did! :) Your right tho, to feel demotivated afterwards isnt worth it....xx

I dont see any of it as cheating either, it really is the wrong word, as adults we make choices, and we have all chosen to do this diet, and we choose to eat. It is hard to get back on it, but it can be done, and you will do it hunni, and next weeks weigh in will be fab! x x

Its not cheating. I have a few nights out over the next month or so and have already made the choice to have a drink at all of them. I dont generally cheat with food but Im not going to put my life completely on hold just for the sake of losing a few lbs. JMO.

Its not cheating, its a choice and sometimes life does get in the way. I know it will be hard but why dont you leave it longer to weigh so that way you know you will see a loss.

thanks guys. yep i totally agree joanne, this is goign to be a long journey for most of us.....i cant put my life on hold forever. i totally agree that cheating isnt worth it but if its planned and youve made that choice i dont count it as a cheat (altho i know what u mean dutch hehe). The way im thinking is that on any other diet id have went on and prob had a gain at weigh in....the great thing about VLCDs is that you can work off that gain quicker, so really a STS isnt a bad thing considering :)

Im still going to weigh on saturday, i know to expect a STS again but im determined not to let it get me down, as i knew this week was coming up and i knew this would happen. Hoping for a biggie next week and sure i will get it! xx

I've got a couple of nights out planned over this weekend, as it's my birthday. I'm hoping to stay lowcarbish, however one of them is at my favourite restaurant, our local Chinese, so think I may fall out of ketosis after that one! You've done well to get back on track straight away, and as you say, hopefully next week will be a good loss again. I prefer, like you, to weigh-in straight off, get the bad news over and done with, and then just get on with it :)

Ok diet buddy you might have sts again but surely its better than what used to happen in the past, let's face it (harsh warning alert) we didn't get to our size by sts every week but putting on! Stick with it and remember the buzz of losing the pounds, you planned for this and now have nothing else in your way.

Ok telling off over, love ya Mwah xxx

There was nothing harsh about what u said terri haha! All very true. I got to this size by being greedy and making the wrong choices. Eating millions of calories and not exercising, u know the story cos its the same story for most of us. If i hadnt been on the diet that night otu would have been just an extra few pounds added to the never ending amount of pounds i coudl have put on over the course of my life. Least im doing something to get it back off and keep going :D yay. love ye too diet buddy! your beating me....but i'll catch up next week lol xx

Back