Derren brown

Ooooh Jim, I think you could be on to something there!

Seems more than feasible Jim, I did notice the camera shake myself too. He also said at the beginning that there was nobody in the studio except him and TWO cameramen. What was that second cameraman filming me wonders...?

Also the fact the balls are so far away from Derren and the TV, was that so there was room for the assistant to work? Brilliant theory Jim- I shall be watching tomorrow hoping you're proved correct ;)

he kept saying it was a years worth of work though! if that has taken him a year to perfect, he has gone even further down in my estimations :D

He is a good illusionist and fakery is what illusions are :D So fakery and being tricked are all part of what he does. Derren Brown likes to think he is a bit of a mentalist too and that he is not.

A few years ago I booked a corporate-wide rollout for my employer which involved a lot of staff queuing for stuff for a while, so I booked some entertainment to stop them grumbling. One of the sites we had a mentalist, and he had a little session with me before things got going. I was completely blown away with what he managed to drag out of me, without me even being aware of it lol.

Slight of hand is another fave of mine, it's always intrigued me. I had a magician doing slight of hand at another site and he was really good. Everyone was fooled but watching from the side and behind, where I was, I was suprised at how blatant he was, pocketing the big items almost right in front of the 'mark'. It's all in the misdirection :D

'hubster' hehe

Vegas would be cool, a couple of mates have been out there and enjoyed it. Not Mrs L's cup of tea, though there's loads of places in America we'd both love to see.

We went out to Florida in 2003 as a 'last big holiday for a while' because we'd just decided to try for a baby, and chose Florida because we wanted to go to Daytona and watch NASCAR. We had a blast, and rented a convertible Mustang which was fun. Food was awesome there, we found a brilliant sea food restaraunt when at Coral Bay when we watched one of the Mars rovers get launched. The only dampener on the holiday was when we went to Sea World and I couldn't fit on the rides...

Florida is cool ain't it!! We loved it gonna go back next July villa already booked LOL

Sea world is my fave actually and you'd have no trouble getting on the rides now !! Saw some v big men getting on them

Funniest thing I saw this year over there was the fat chair!! To measure the upper body oh the shame for the people sitting in that mixture of sad and funny LOL

Florida is cool ain't it!! We loved it gonna go back next July villa already booked LOL

Sea world is my fave actually and you'd have no trouble getting on the rides now !! Saw some v big men getting on them

Funniest thing I saw this year over there was the fat chair!! To measure the upper body oh the shame for the people sitting in that mixture of sad and funny LOL

Was that the chair at the ride's entrance? Yeah, I sat in that and failed :(

I'd love to go back there, but I think I'd need a lottery win to cover what the kids would spend! Plus I don't think they'd be too tolerent of a nine hour flight each way...

Yeah the flights a long one but we make sure they have charged up ds's !!! Each and plenty of things to do stuff :D

Yeah the chair near ride entrance it just shocked me !

Yeah the flights a long one but we make sure they have charged up ds's !!! Each and plenty of things to do stuff :D

Only thing with the DS's, it'd be 'daddy, can you do this bit for me' for the duration for the flight ;) I've already had that once this morning, luckily it's on charge now and he's forgotten about wanting to play it...

Yeah the chair near ride entrance it just shocked me !

You know how you get those cutouts at the start of ride queues 'if you are smaller than me, you cannot ride'. I was imagining a fat guy one 'if you are fatter than me you cannot ride'.

Yeah, I was shocked at the chairs too, at the need for them. I guess they spare people's blushes at the other end of the queue (and lawsuits probably...), but I was pretty pissed off that I was one of the 'too fat' people. Dunno why that didn't make me sort myself out then. I probably just had another burger...

Someone recreated the Derren Brown lottery trick as described above. Hmm, I still like Derren Brown but I reckon this was well below his usual standard.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqAt2akPHJ8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqAt2akPHJ8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Back