desperate need of some help and advice please xx

thistime!!!

hi , i am hoping that someone out there can give me the help i need.
I was prescribed Orlistat about 2 weeks ago. I have been taking it everyday and really checking the fat content in everything i am eating. Having only one or two incidents with the dreaded orange oil other than that no real side effects i have ( and here is the real problem..) GAINED about 5 pounds!! .I am now wondering if i have not been doing it properly.
Dont want to go back to doctors to discuss it as she was very reluctant to give it to me in the first place..
I have previously tried to lose weight with slimming world and although i lost around 1 stone it was a very hard process.
Can i do slimming world along with Orlistat ? if yes then what happens with the syns??
Please let there be someone out there that can help me as i am certainly heading in the wrong direction as far as my weight loss journey is concerned!! :confused::confused:

Hi and welcome. Are you eating by the Xenical rules? That is to say no food more than 5g total fat per 100g and no more than 15g of fat per meal. Also are you watching your calories? Even though you eat low fat it is possible to eat too many calories and still put on weight. Have a look at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com which will tell you how many calories you should be having for your height and weight.
Slimming World and Xenical go well together but I'm not doing it personally, you need Katie or Kes for that and I'm sure they'll be along soon. Good luck!

KB

HI, yes i have been trying to stick to the rules although i am not weighing any food just checking the fat content.
To be totally honest i am finding the whole thing very confusing.
I am getting really worried about my weight as i cant afford to be getting any bigger.

thankyou so much for that last link!
As i was prescribed orlistat over the phone the doctor didnt really explain very much about. Tried to find out as much as i could online but got very conflicting advice, like orange oil is good as it shows its working and orange oil is bad as it means youve had too much!
The link you told me about made more sense than everything else i have read in the last 2 weeks . so once again thankyou xx
( i am also still trying to get my head around this forum ha ha );)

Good luck and you're not the only one trying to get your head round the forum but, you feel at home in no time as everyone is really helpful and friendly.

Orange oil is BAD, this means you've had too much fat. No side effects is good, it means the Xenical is working away in the background and you are eating properly.

Back