Determinator is Determined to get to goal :)

Hi all :) Not sure if anyone remembers me but i am back !!!
A little background ..... I have been overweight since I was about 6 years old , was a size 18 at about 14 .... and after 2 babies I found myslef at 18 stone 8 lb ......... I started Lipotrim in November last year and did really well , then I switched to CD as Lipotrim skakes are pretty nasty and I decided a change, was better than falling off the wagon so I started CD :)
I lost 6.5 stone all together in 5 months , then I hit a wall . my losses slowed right down , my hunger returned with a vengence , and I just started to feel really ill .. so I tried SS+ and lso 810 , but I found that that little bit of food made me feel much worse and I made the very tough desision to come off CD and try slimming world for a while .
I gained an initial 9 lb in the first week with recarbing ( and eating a little too much of the foods I had missed ) but i was prepared for this and didnt let it demotivate me .
I have found SW a great plan and have managed to maintain my weight really well with it , but I think TFR diets have slowed my metabolism so I didnt manage ot loose much .
I then got married and came off plan for a few weeks , and gained a further 4-5 lb ( not bad as I could have been MUCH worse !!) , so with 2- 2.5 stone left to loose I have decided to come back to CD :)
Today is my 1st day , and I thought posting this diary on here would help me motivate myself and not keep puttting my start off ... so here I am , I am still lighter and smaller than I have been since I was about 12 .. which is strange , although for some strange reason I now feel worse about my body than I ever have , maybe because I am now that inbetween stage .. not really fat .. but still chunky ( I am a size 16 when I was a 26 in Novemeber ..) and I guess I spend more time thinking about my weight and shape etc due to all the dieting ,

My wedding was amazing and I am so glad I got married in a size 16 dress rather than a 26 , although I am mad with myself that I didnt get to goal before it , but hey ... I will add some pics to my profile ,, there are some before shots on there , and a few during .. so hopefully in approx 8-12 weeks I will have my finishing pics to put up there .....
right I am off to glug some water .. trying to save my first pack ( A&C porridge .. mmm missed it so much ) for as late as possible :)

wish me luck , I just hope I manage to find the determination I had before :)

Wow your story is amazing! You have done so well to lose so much. Keep us updated and good luck with it this time. I am coming into my 2nd week now and its ok! I guess! Am also worried that I will put weight on when I start to eat properly too. Oh well we shall see. Good luckx

well its 7pm on day 1 and good going so far , drunk about 3.5 litres of water already , when I started TFR last time I struggled to get 2 litres down so thats something thats easier this time :)
The shakes and my beloved A& C porridge dont taste as nice as I remember , but that is also another good thing .. i KNOW that I will get used to them as my taste buds forget how nice chocolate and pepsi max were ... It is also easier this time KNOWING for sure that after this week it will be much easier and I will have more energy .. and also knowing that I only have 2 - 2.5 stone to loose this time insead of 8 ...... all in all its been a better day that 1st time I did SS ..... people say its much harder 2nd time ... but today as been easier .. so heres hoping that the rest of my time on CD is as good :)

Hi and welcome back. Congratulations on your amazing losses so far, well done.
I'm sure you will sail through the next 2.5 st once you get going. I have the same amount to lose , and the same goal but am a few days ahead of you, and due my first weigh-in tomorrow.
Look forward to following your diary.
Good luck xx

beggining of day 2 ... had a great night and fell great this morning .. so still seems to be easier than last time , which I am very happy about :)
I sure must have been storing a lot of carbs and water , as according to my scales ( and yet I am a daily weigher , but it works brill for me , if the loss is good it keeps me motivated , if not it spurs me on to do better ..) I have lost 4 lb in 24 hours :eek:
Oh I do love cambridge :)

Hope everyone else is going good and have a great day :)

well it seems i may be talking to myself .. buy hey ho , sometimes its the best way !!

well its 7pm on day 2 , and still feeling good :) I had a little dip in energy early afternoon and have had weird noises happening in my belly .. but so far so good ... not managed too well on the water today so got loads to glug tonight .. so on the loo all night :( I did have a little wobble when I cooked the kids tea , it smelt soooooo good , but my vanilla shake was quite yummy too so it passed !!

I have 1 more pack to have tonight , I tend to have lunch tea and late evening as I am not a morning eater ..... then a shower and early night .. and wait for my friend Ketosis in anticipation .. roll on the stinky breath and hair loss !!!!!

Sounds like you are doing really well! Got it all in your stride! I have wobbles when I cook Eva's tea - I just seem to smell the food and thats good enough for me! Good luck!

I admit to being a sniffer too .. I enjoyed a large nose fun of a bar of chocolate in my mums fridge earlier ... it like if you smell it.. you can imagine how it tastes so you can almost convince yourself that you had some ... I enjoyed baking too last time so may ge the cake tins out ... lol

Totally! I dont think I could bake though - think I would just have to lick the spoon. Its a huge weakness of mine. Eat most of the mixture before it goes in the tins!

Day 3 .. toughest day so far but still totally do-able :)
Took the kids to soft play with a friend , they had chocolate and my friend had cake .. I had 2 pints of water !!!
then I took the kdis to my parents for tea , they had lasagne ( one of my faves ) and chocolate sponge pudding .... soooo tempting , more so because I forgot to take my shake and was starving :(
................. but I resisted , and thats what this diet and future weight maintainence is all about , resisting temptation .
Still feel great in myself and my mouth is starting to taste nasty so looks like ketosis is nealry here ( and the scales show amazing results but wont rely on them ....)
Hope everyone else is doing well and if you want to post a comment , would be nice to know if anyone is interested in my restart .....:rolleyes:

start of day 4 .. and I am in ketosis good and proper :) The scales are still showing amazing loss which is keeping me motivated , and I am sooo looking forward to my monday weigh in :)

Yesterday was hard and I am hoping now I am in touch with my old friend ketosis it will get easier again :) This weekend shouldnt be too bad as I am working saturday and then going to a village show on sunday so keeping busy :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok :)

Nightmare night

had a nightmare night last night .. was at work till 9 when my hubbie rings at 8 to say he in loads of pain and is going to A&E .. so I rush down there and hes there with a temp of 40 and terrible pain ...... They decided it was appendix and said he would need it out, pumped him full of morphine and transfered him to surgical assessment unit... where the Dr decided that his pain wasn't severe enough for appendix .. after he had a ton of morphine and was high as a kite ..... so going to review this morning .....

I had a shake at 12 , one at 6pm .. then was at the hospital till 4.30 am , I was sooooo hungry and could so easily have eaten as i felt really weak .. but I didnt .. I waited till I got home and had a bar ( I know I shouldnt on day 4 but couldnt face a shake at 4.30 am !!!) am very proud that I didnt give in .. maybe I should pop a bar in the car for emergencies .....

Now to try and find out whats happening with hubbie :( bless him , it was his birthday yesterday too !!!!!

Oh my word - poor things! That sounds really bad - I hope he is ok ish now? You did so well to resist it when going through all that. I think that may have tipped me over the edge. Hope he is ok x

another rubbish Day , Hubby still in hospital waiting for tests , I had 1st shake at 12 , then went to visit him and still there at 7 pm I was totally starving , felt really weak , my stomach was going crazy .. i took Hubby up to hospital restaurant for his tea and I had to have something .. so instead of the huge plate of sausage casserole and chips (mm) I had a side plate of ... plain cauliflower .. it wasnt much at all and it made me feel better and I am just hoping it wont do any damage .. it is on the SS+ list of low carb veg so hopefully will not effect ketosis and I will only have had 2 shakes today so I am hoping I did the right thing .
I am really pi++ed off that I ate , but it could have been far far worse and I am glad I didnt go mad .. grr to stress in my 1st week back on SS !!!!

Hope everyone else is having a better weekend

Well done on resisting today, I don't think you would of done too much damage.
CD is hard enough so sorry to hear about your husband and having that extra worry.

I have restarted today and have about 3 stone to loose so here is to re starts :0)

I have found today surprisingly easy but that is probably because I have sooo much last week on holiday. I just know it will get harder over the next few days. Can't wait to see the scales move.

day 6 today .. so looking forward to WI tomorrow morning :) Been an ok day today , took the kids to a counrty show , then went to visit hubby in hospital but was prepared and took a bar with me just in case . Didnt need it though as my 14 month old baby didnt stop screaming so we didnt stay long !!!
Just had my bar for tea and will have a choc mint shake later tonight ..
i Have writtemn my list of which products I want tomorrow .. it always takes me ages to decide what to have so like to be prepared !!!
Hope everyone else is good and look forward to reporting my loss in the morning :)

Back