Determinator is Determined to get to goal :)

WI this morning was great .. 9lb lost :) I think thats a fab loss and hope for another 100% week of SS .
my hubby is still in hospital , still without a diagnosis .. so its tough with the stress and running around everywhere , but I am doing ok today :)

yey! well done! Feels good yes?! You must be so strong, especially with your husband being ill, and having a baby too. I would be stressed out to the max by now so well done!x

day 9 .. and still going ok . My hubby still in hospital and having a CT scan today so should find out whats happening ...
yesterday was a hard day , rushing around doing everything and then visiting him ..... I found myself really hungry last night so had an extra bar rather than eat food .. i know I shouldnt have more than 1 bar a day but I needed it , and tested this morning and still well and truley in ketosis so no damage done !!!

I am now the lightest i been and starting to feel quite nice .. although I still find I critisise my body far more at 12 stone 8 , than I did when I was 19 stone .... I was fat then .. no doubt .. thats what I was .. but now .. its like I'm nothing .. I am not slim ( yet) but I am not really fat .. so am nothing !! I find it so hard to find anything to wear as think I look aweful , but its crazy as i know I must look better than I did !!
does anyone else find this ??

Hi there,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting, I've been reading your diary :). I'm just starting out on my CD journey, all going well so far.

Sorry to hear about your husband being ill, I hope he starts to get better soon poor chap.

I must say, with all that stress and worry going on, you've been ever so good sticking with the plan and your fantastic 9lb loss is a great achievement, well done!

Toria xxx

well all was going well ....... my husband finally got out of hospital yesterday and he was desperate for a chinese .... so , we had one :( I stuck to foo yung so not many carbs , but this morning I have tested and no longer n ketosis :( although the scales still show a 2 lb loss since monday , and hope they stay they that way , and hopefully I should be back in ketosis by monday WI so may have lost a little more ?

Oh well its done and now just have to look forward and get back on track . I am having my gallbladder out in 4 weeks so will have to go onto a higher plan for a week or so before and a few weeks after , but I am hoping to have got some more weight off by then so shouldnt have too much to loose afterwards :)

day 12 ... and back on track and back in ketosis when I tested this morning :)
I am looking forward to weigh in on monday , and will have to talk to my CDC about my operation :( I got the low down from KD and I have to do 1200 plan for 2 weeks before op and NO plan for at least 4 weeks after .. i am going to maybe modify it a little so I am not off plan for that long , maybe do 1200 for 1 week before , then SW for 2 weeks or so after and see how I feel ..... i am gutted that my op is so soon as I was hoping to get to goal before it as I feel like I am on a roll now and dont want another restart :(
If I put my all into it for the next 2 weeks I may get another half a stone closer to goal .. just hope I dont gain too much when I start 1200 and recarb :( grrrrr

Well done so far
with all that stress you have done amazingly well
as for the op well you need the op and so need the calories for your body to heal - I am sure you will be fine

good luck - not that you will need it not with your determination

you are doing great!!! hope all goes well with your gallbladder.

weigh in 2 today .. and lost another 4 lb .. which considering I had a large chinese when hubby got out of hospital , i am very very happy with .
I spoke to CDC about my upcoming operation , she said i could SS right up to the op , whereas KD had told me I had to do 1200 for 2 weeks before .. hmmm think I may try 1200 for 5-6 days before just to be sure .. then according to my CDC I cannot start SS again until 12 WEEKS after myop :mad: she says cambridge done take into account what sort of op you having , just a standard thing , then I would have to get a letter from my GP to say I was fit to do it .... which would cost me and also my GP doesnt like this diet so may not even do it ... so we have agreed that i have not told her about my op .. I will have 4 weeks doing slimming world after my op as I know I need more calories than CD to heal properly ... I am a nurse so happy to take the responsibility myslef !!!

I have another 2 weeks on SS so I should be pretty close to goal anyway when I come off .. so will hopefully just be returning for a few weeks :)

I think you have done so well considering what you've been through. 4lbs is a good loss so well done. :)

well done! you are onne of my inspirations on this board!

thanks people :)

not posted for a while .. i have not been feeling very 'into ' it this week .. started picking on monday night after weigh in .. on biscuits of all things .. not many but enough to knock me out of ketosis .. I was then good till wed .. when I picked on some chicken and bits and had an extra bar .. so didnt get myslef back in ketosis till this morning :(
I have been 100% since wed and the scales are showing a small loss ..and got WI on tues next week so hoping for a moderate loss !!
I have been fighting with an urge to come off it , because I know in 2 weeks I have to come off and eat for 6 weeks because of my gallbladder op .... my brain is telling me that I may as well come off now and get back on it 4 weeks after my op ... BUT I have been telling myself that I could loose another half stone or so if I stick with it for the next 2 weeks .. then if i can maintain whilst recovering from my op ( will follow SW plan ) then I should only have 10 or so pounds to go to goal .. and that is an amazing thought !!!!

Hope you are all going well and wish me luck with being 100 % for the next 2 weeks :)

Hi Hon, you're doing so well. I know exactly what you mean re the picking as that happened to me too! You can do it! You've come this far. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

you have so much on, and losing an extra half stone is not a priority at the moment. even if you do lose this you'll prob gain most of it back during the six weeks. youve done cd for ages, take some time out and focus on yourself girl. having an op is a big deal so you're prob quite stressed and axious about it, maybe thats why you are picking subconsciously? anyway, just wanted to send massive hugs your way. i wish we could all stop being so hard on ourselves sometimes and ease up. good luck with this week and dont let the nibbles get to you!

thankyou :) been for weigh in this morning .. and after 4-5 days of being out of ketosis this week and some picking ... I have managed to loose .. 5.5 lb .. amazing !!! I really thought my losses would be so much lower this time as I am lighter etc .. but seems the 4 month break was exactly what I needed !!!
I have decided to do 810 this week , then 1000 next week before my op .. then SW to maintain for 4 weeks after !!
I have exactly 1 stone ot go to my origanal goal and I just cannot believe it !!!! I NEVER EVER thought I would get this far ... my willpower with diets has always been rubbish and I just cannot explain how totally awestruck i am at how far I have come !!

I have never been a size 14 .. i was a 16 at about 11 when I came out of kids size clothes ..and the lowest weight I have ever been is 13 stone since then .. I am now 12 .. and still cannot see myself as slim ( ish !!)

Well done on your loss this week :D that is fantastic.
Good idea working up the plans before your OP. I hope you manage to maintain until you get back to CD as you have worked so hard, BUT, don't be too hard on yourself if you put weight back on as your body may demand lots of fuel to recuperate.
Good luck :)

after much thought and trauma I have decided to do SW (without too many carbs) for the 6 weeks that I have to ( 2 weeks before and 4 after my op ) and see how I get on . I have found today really tough ...... I hadnt decided what to do at all today , and ended up getting to 3 pm without having had any shakes or food .. stupid me ... I am now waiting for my SW tea to cook and I am actually dreading this eating thing .. I feel so in control when I am on CD .. but put food in the equasion and I have gone to bits :( not a good attitude to have , so need to work on that
I will keep a weekly post on here to let anyone who is interested know how I am getting on , and depending if I manage to loose mch on SW .. I will be back in 6 weeks to get to goal :)

Good luck - youre probably right to do SW for a bit, at least you are in the right frame of mind. Im the same actually about stepping up to SS+ half of me would rather not have any food in the equation. Hope your op goes ok and that you keep in control. Keep in touchx

Good luck and I will def keep an eye out for your posts. Take care xxx

Back