Determined Newbie!

NicolaH

Hey everyone . . .

I'm on day2 of SS and still doing OK (sort of).

So - a bit of background . . . . I'm 40 years old and I've been overweight since my teenage years. However, after a trip to Japan in March this year, where I struggled every day to do the walking and sightseeing, I realised that I HAD to do something about this.

Hubby and I have booked another trip to Japan in March next year and I am absolutely determined to be thinner and fitter so I can see all the things I didn't see before 'cos they were at the top of a hill or some steps!!! :(

After much research and some recommendations, I took the plunge and went for Cambridge. And - as I said in my first sentence I'm on day 2 and doing OK. Feeling good, positive and incredibly determined.

I'm struggling a little without my milk as I'm not a huge fan of black tea or coffee but that just means I drink more water - which can't be too bad - can it ;)

If I haven't bored the pants off you all yet, and someone is still reading this, I do have a question that my CDC was unable to answer. I love love love Green tea, so is this OK to drink on the CWP??? My CDC told me to check the carbs, but the tea I have was bought in Japan, and my Japanese isn't that good, so I can't tell. Does anyone know if I can still drink my favourite beverage???

Well, thanks for reading and I hope to make some good friends here over the next few months.

Nic
x

Awww - thank you - I'm really pleased about that . . . I'm gonna have a cuppa now! :)

Hi Nic

I'm on day one of a restart - I know what you mean, I've spent so many holidays either squeezing myself into the seat belt on the plane as I'm too embarassed to ask for an extension or not being able to join in with activities. Hope you are still going well, its tough this diet, I'm hoping I can stick to it this time.

Green tea is great on this diet, I just wish I like it! :(

PGD

Hi Nicola
I've got very similar stats to you, would you like a buddy to stay in touch with ?
I started on 220811 and had my first weigh in yesterday & I lost 8lbs. I was pleased as my CDC started me on Step 2 ( 810 cals ) and I can go down to SS/SS+ once my bmi goes down. - but I was also a bit gutted as I am seeing some huge losses from people who started on SS !
Other teas you could try are peppermint & nettle - I haven't braved the nettle one yet but peppermint is much nicer than I thought.
My background is yoyo dieting for years and years - always stopping before I got to goal and always putting it back on and more as well.
I had a blood test a few weeks ago and was lucky that it showed no trace of diabetes so thought I had better start losing weight quick before my health gets really bad. My hubby and I have had a few health problems over the last few years and, I think because of that, I tend to enjoy watching hospital progs-real and dramas. And this has left me with a real fear of having to go in an ambulance and being too heavy, and staff having difficulty moving me etc. So I'm now on a mission to lose this weight !

So far so good, I like most of the products, although I didnt like all of the soups and the ones I thought I liked last week, I'm not so keen on this week! Think I'm going to be sticking to porridge & shakes

Anyway, enough rambling from me, let me know if you want to buddy up ! x

Hi ladies,

Thank you for all your support this week. I lost 8lbs in my first week and I am chuffed to bits! Week 2 has been a bit hectic as I've been out and about with work, but still managed to do my shakes . . . even though it has meant watching people eat buffet lunches.

I'm really not too keen on the soups, but loving the shakes. I'm having my last shake of the day has a hot choccie and I'm loving it - especially the minty ones. The porridge is good too.

PGD - good luck on your journey - and here's hoping that both of us can sit comfortably on a plane in the future!! I'm doing OK on my second week thanks . . . hope you are still going strong. I'd love to know how you're getting on.

lizalexander - Well done on your first week's loss. . . . . don't be down heartened about everyone else's loss - we all move at our own pace. We will get there!!! Sorry it took a while to get back to you - but I would LOVE to buddy up and keep in touch with you as we seem to be on the same track . . same starting stats and losing the same weight in the first week. We can do this journey together.

So, this is day 11 for me and I actually feel quite good. Just waiting to see what happens at my weigh in on Friday.

Take care ladies and wishing you all great losses this week :party0038:

xxx

Last edited:
Good luck to you....I just ordered Cambridge online and can't wait to start. I know the first few days are hardest. Green tea sounds like it should be fine as long as there is no sugar in it..wish me luck! And you as well.

Nic - Hope all still going ok - some weird stuff going on with us - i too don't like the soups, like the porridge ( unlike so many ) and love the choc mint !

I ended up realising that my 8lbs was good & was pleased with it but had a disappointment on my second weigh in. Only lost 1.75 lbs - I was gutted ! - but there were a few reasons, my first weigh in was first thing in morning on empty stomach, wk 2 was at lunchtime after having had breakfast & water. Plus my CDC said quite often people have a lower loss in wks 2 or 3 cos the body gets a bit shocked about the sudden change in diet, but it should correct itself. I've managed to cope this week & am really keeping my fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week.

I've had busy week so far, hubby had another op yesterday & I had to go to a diff office today - so spent about 4 hours on motorway today ! But got week off work next week so really looking forward to some time off.

Nic - Wishing u loads of luck for fridays weigh in

Liz

x

Hi Liz,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days . . . life just takes over sometimes ;).

I've had a good few days though and I was pleased with my weigh in on Friday as I lost 4.5lbs! Whoo hoo! I was worried about that 2nd week . . but was really pleased with my 4.5! Almost a stone off and very happy!! So far this week has been OK . . . though I'm still not drinking enough water and suffering from a few headaches . . . but I only have myself to blame. I am now trying to come up with a plan to get more water in me - however, does anyone have any good ideas??? :sigh:

I got some bars this week - which I'm finding hit or miss, but they are easier to have a work. The cranberry one is OK but once again, the chocolate mint is my favourite! I'm going to end up over-dosing on choccie mint stuff haha!

My CDC didn't have enough plain porridge this week, so I ended up taking a couple of apple & cinnamon . . . Hmmm won't be getting them again! I'll stick to the food old plain stuff thank you.

We still seem to be following similar paths - are you still sticking with the shakes or have you taken any of the bars??

So pleased to hear you are doing OK. Well done on your weight loss. I could sense you were disappointed with your 2nd week, but week 3 is brilliant, so hope that makes up it. How's your hubby doing? Hope he's OK.

Are you enjoying your holiday - I've never had an indian head massage . . . does it relax you??? That gets your week off to a lovely start.

Hope your week goes really well . . . sending out positive vibes for a brilliant week . . . .

Sadie50 . . . how is your week going??

Sending great thoughts out to everyone . . . . hope youare all doing well.

Nic

xxx

Hi,
Had a great week off thanks - didn't do anything but just having a break from work was fab ! The head massage was bliss - it seems to be head, neck & shoulders, felt really relaxed & sleepy afterwards ! Hubby has a problem with a skin abscess that has been going on a few years and he has ops every couple of months - its hard going at times, they say its slowly getting better so fingers crossed. He had two drains put in this time so he'll have those in till his next op, so he's more sore & battered & bruised this time. So been good to be able to be at home with him this week.
Finished off my week off with a fish pedicure as another treat.
I did realise at the beginning of this week how my time off work involves so much food ! - Normally I would schedule in going out for coffee (& cake ) and some nice meals - was hard to think of things to do at first that didnt involve food.
I have started to have bars and love them all ! - only trouble is they feel more like a treat than a meal to me. First one I had felt more like a snack but as i've had a few more i've found them a bit more filling but not as filling as a shake or porridge.
As for water, I struggle too - now I have those 500ml bottles and try to down one before each meal - so thats 3 out of the way which is about half of the way.
Wishing you loads of luck for another good week
Liz
xxx

Hey Liz . . .

Glad to hear you are still doing well . . . and glad your hubby is doing good. Sounds like it can be tough going for both of you. Nice to have some time off together.

Had another good week . . . 5lbs off and very very happy! I am chuffed to bits with 17lbs in 3 weeks. I haven't done this well for such a long time. Spurs me on to keep going.

I know what you mean about going out. I was shopping with my Mam on Thursday and we always stop off for a coffee and a gossip. I love my lattes and cake . . . but ended up with a green tea in instead and a CD bar!

I've been drinking hot water with some CD flavouring and that seems to be doing the trick. I have a big mug at work and try to have a mug of hot water every 45 mins. Gets me away from my PC and have a bit walk to the kitchen. I usually need to go to the loo (yet again) so I go to the loo and fill my mug up again . . . . let's just hope I never get them mixed up haha.

Went for the bars again this week, as I like chewing something and I really like them.

Liz - you did brilliantly this week . . . well done you. Here's to another great week for both of us and all you other CD'ers out there.

Positive thoughts been send out . . .

Nic
x

Weigh in number 4 - and lost 2 lbs, but also lost 3.5 inches. Its looking like I am alternating a decent loss with a lower loss. And thats fine as long as it all keeps going down fairly quickly ! So thats 16.5 lbs in four weeks - not bad for Step 2
Still cant help comparing my losses with some of the huge ones on here but just have to keep reminding myself that I'm losing far quicker than on a "normal" diet.
I'm going to try your hot water idea - I hadn't thought of that, its a great way of getting some of the water in !
Hope you're getting on ok
x

I am on day 10 now and I feel great. I have lost 12 lbs so far and I am very pleased with the progress. Still get hungry from time to time, but if I drink a lot of water it seems to help. Great job on your loss so far. Keep it up!

You're doing really well ! - I'm on day 38 and still get hungry sometimes but its a mental hunger - haven't given in though so very pleased with myself. And I think water def effects it, I was really hungry last night but later realised I hadnt drunk as much as I normally do - amazing the effect it has !

Back