Determined to be foxy 42 by 2014! Want to join me?

Why thank you. Am on train to London for 2 meetings - what a drag. Was up last Friday, today & this Friday plus next Friday grrrrr hate it. If I wanted to work in London I'd get a job up there with a bigger salary!! All my food in a little bag has to come with me & I will eat all through the first meeting in the hope they won't ask me again!!

Am happy as can be today as the horrid tum feeling has gone. Cut out quorn and drank even more water and eat lots of veg and yippee I'm feeling fine and dandy! Think I needed to up the superfree so I will continue in this vein and we shall see whether it brings results next week.

I used to live and work in London - not for me I'm afraid, stress city 24 hr rush,rush,rush!....no thanks.

You do so well to plan and prepare in advance - I would just use it has an excuse to have subway for lunch and eat chocolate and crisps and drink lattes for all of the journey :D no I wouldn't be that bad but I certainly wouldn't be that prepared either - well done! You'll be disappearing before our eyes, better get some bolts in your neck, incase you fall down any grids :D.

So what yummies did you take with you to snack upon, and was it enough?.

Ive never thought of Quorn the reason for my bloat because I do get it and heartburn and I eat Quorn a lot, maybe once I start eating more meat I may see a difference.

Hope all goes well in Laaaaanden Tayyyynnn and you've had a good day so far :) xxx

P.S: love the pic :)

Last edited:
Ta, it was taken in september 12 in my fave place - carbis bay so I was in very high spirits and ready to go out to a lovely restaurant in st Ives hence the smile! Probably had a glass too! Thought it was time to get rid of Santa hat pic as Xmas is well & truly gone.

Food today:

2 weetabix with total , half banana & nectarine.
2 cauldron lincs sausage in 2 m&s wholemeal submarine rolls. Salad. More fruit.
Snacks of 2 mini chupachups
Butternut squash chilli risotto for dinner I think

In train and hooray have seat to myself - oh no i dont!! just hit stratford. Ok trip to big smoke pretending to know what im talking about and acting professional so people dont guess id rather be doing almost anything else. meeting in room of bar overlooking thames so nice view when i glazed over!!! annoyingly have felt on edge of panic today although think that's more to do with something I have to prep for counsellor tomorrow that im dreading than anything else so hope it will pass after my 'session' tomorrow. Back up here Friday. So much prefer it in my little office having a natter and chuckle with my glamorous assistant.

Lou I know you have lots of quorn left in your freezer but try not having it for a couple of days to see whether 'the bloat' subsides. I feel a hundred times better. V hungry at mo though didn't bring enough grub. Walked to and from office & that's liv st to far side of tower bridge so not bad. Umming and ahhing about Zumba/30ds - do I suffer tonight or not?!

Ok should stop now otherwise will do a led zeppelin and ramble on!

X

Do you mean someone else? I have no quorn in my freezer, unless you know something I don't :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

now i'm confused- is this a thread full of vegetarians or is it something to do with your diets?

now i'm confused- is this a thread full of vegetarians or is it something to do with your diets?

Lol I'm not a vege but I like quorn and Linda mcartney products :) less cals and quicker and easy to cook. X

ah... i was gonna start waving bacon sandwiches under my laptop's nose (?!)

Had a dream I went over my syns by 1 - I was so upset and that's probably because if I'm good today it will be one whole month no booze and 100%!! Can't deny I feel 7.5lbs is not just reward but it hasn't been a struggle so can't really complain ( although I will a little bit as I love a little gripe!!!). Will report back at the end of the day!'

Had a dream I went over my syns by 1 - I was so upset and that's probably because if I'm good today it will be one whole month no booze and 100%!! Can't deny I feel 7.5lbs is not just reward but it hasn't been a struggle so can't really complain ( although I will a little bit as I love a little gripe!!!). Will report back at the end of the day!'

You can do it! Prove your dream wrong! 7.5lbs is great :) it's only 5 less than me for the month and I've got LOADS to lose so it drops off me ( sometimes!)
Be strong today, imagine how proud you'll be after today is done! Xx

For once I'm going to bed early as have been sleeping badly and back in London tomorrow for work with an after work do. I am driving to the station on purpose so I don't drink as it is the first day after my dry jan and I not want to straight away go back to it. Booze eats syns so is not worth it!!! So I have done my jan 100% - my first little aim! 69 to go but next aim is up to valentines day. Thanks for all your support in this first month it has really kept me smiling!!!

London today so: weetabix with 2% total. Coffee with hexa

Nectarine

Jacket pot with beans and salad

2 m&s whole meal mini sub rolls with 3 cauldron lincs sausages

Sweet fire beet root

2.5 syns so far but just done 30ds so will have a treat. Not as much veg as I'd like but trapped in meetings/my boss' do. Free booze and nibbles too but I had ... Fizzy water - I have officially become the boring cow but here's hoping I will be a slim boring cow in 6 months!!!!

Hope you've had good days

Feeling really irritated gain today. House is like a bomb site and find it hard to relax knowing Ive got to spend a fair chunk of it tidying/washing clothes etc. always vowed id get a cleaner but even when wages increase its all gone!!! I hate tidying/ cleaning - it'd be such a treat. Lots of people at work say its great. Applied for another job and if I get it then I will as imagine I will be at work a lot more hours than I am now!!

Also the slowness of my loss is driving me MAD. Still 100% still working out/gymming/walking but clothes are no looser, weight dropping soooooo slowly, still feel such a heifer. i get so impatient - when you're putting in the effort you really want to see results. Hate wishing my life away but I just want it to be June and me have stuck to it and have lost - it's the waiting that kills me and the constant panic the scales won't have changed or have changed infinitesimally. Also it's the not going for meals or even out - I find that hard- it's all a bit dull and middle aged at the moment...walks, films, DIY etc. ugh I vowed I wouldn't get like this - need to book a holiday to get a focus of fun to aim for - ooh and to wear more slinky clothes for!!

Off to footie in an hour or so- that should gee me up a bit - hope for a win!

Got....to.....think......positive. Must... Keep......motivated... ( said in the style of Adam west batman)!!

we sound so similar michelle, i suffer from anxiety too- not quite panic attacks- but it can get pretty bad.

well done on your booze free month, i failed miserably on that front!! in fact i'm currently a bit hungover so i'm stuck in the house cleaning and tidying too!!... totally sucks but i'm the same, just cannae relax when the place is a midden! me and mr feetface are on the DIY bus too. i absolutely hate my bathroom and finally flipped- stripped the oh-so-sexy polystyrene ceiling tiles off so now we have to do it!! (mr feetface was out enjoying himself at the time- that'll teach him!)

i'm trying to do some beauty regimes on myself (in the house) to prevent the boredom from setting in- hair masks and manicures etc, trying to make an effort on myself while the excess poundage remains.

i totally feel your pain on the slow losses- but think about my result this week.... people are asking how much i lost and i'm telling them 1 lb, they're kinda just smiling and saying oh- that's good (obviously thinking it isn't)... but to me, its the most significant lb i've ever lost. it wasn't half a stone in a week but it didnt need to be.

which gets me to thinking- aye, at times i'd like to go into a hypno-trance for the next 32 weeks so the flab could just have magically vanished but at other times i want to fight and battle each and every pound.

i think the biggest issue isn't the slow loss itself- its the diet or exercise or both; if you're 100% (and struggling to maintain that)... then what would be wrong with being 96% and cruising through the weeks? or stick to 100% but incorporate treats somehow?

i'm giving myself a night off on 15th feb. as you know i eat low carb but my favourite things are pizza and ice cream- i know food based rewards are a bit psychologically wonky but i'm doing it anyway. i plan to eat high fat low carb (HFLC) for the rest of my life because i believe in it for lasting health but i need to know that my life will contain the occasional pizza and tub of fish food. or i'd just go nuts.

I second that - I LOVE pizza & ice cream, red wine and coffee. Been to Italy twice in last 2 years and I am in heaven! Mushroom & artichoke pizza & affogato to follow with lovely red to wash it down (served by a lovely waiter with a lake view would make it even better!)

I do have treats but it's either or - tonight i cant have wine and nicer food. i guess that's what diets are though! I've got to learn to accept that I think. I could be a bit more flexible & that time will be here soon im sure but at the mo i need to be good to see whether it does work or not. When I've lost a stone I will feel better about it all I think - that's real progress. Your 1 lb was so significant. I don't know whether you see it the same way but I feel it's a real springboard for you to push on from towards your wedding aim. It's really exciting. I'm do looking forward to seeing you drop those pounds as it draws closer.

The anxiety thing is interesting as so many people on here struggle & it's no coincidence that goes with weight/ food issues. I'm a weird mix of really confident about certain things and totally outgoing in certain situations but coupled with that is that I get cringingly embarrassed and really anxious. The worst thing is that people who often see the confident me and catch me on an anxious day then think I'm a cow because ill be really offish to avoid them seeing me blushing/jibbering- causing me yet more angst agh!!!!! It'sa vicious circle! i go through months of being ok then will have a blip then ok again. Ok at mo 99% of the time. Slimness will help no end as that takes all the extreme health worries away.

Before I go & eat my asda veggie mince chilli I just have to say- you don't learn about booze ever!!!- at least not by 41! Yum yum

...and I'm fee-eeeling good (da da da dum da dum dum dum da dum) as muse would say.

Been a 'nice' calm day. Up late. Had eggs, veggie sausages, beans, toast. Did a bit of tidying (yawn) but then went to the zoo. Love it there- there is a baby Pygmy hippo that is so cute & I'm not usually one for cuteness! ! Back home for 30ds day 5. Still hurts - those who say its easier after 5 days are wrong wrong wrong. About to meditate for half an hour then dins (leftover veggie mince chilli from last night). Love it. Feeling chilled out today & for the first time in a while - I'm not an irritable moody cowbag. About time everyone cries (especially dunc!). Got through 1st weekend after dry jan without booze - am amazed but let's be honest I'd rather have a curly wurly - oh I have really changed!-showing my age- I'll be wanting 'a nice cup of tea' soon and start wearing nylony trousers!!

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend.

1lb off so def on a 2 week loss cycle. Focus towards another good week this week as it should be the larger loss week!! 8.5 so getting there slowly but surely. Snowing here!

Back