Original determined to stick at my red day!!

eddiesmum2002

Every time I do a red day I *always* end up.converting to EE well not today! Anyone else the same? Always feel so hungry on red xx

I can totally relate to how you're feeling! In order to get rid of this last damn half a stone, I've decided to swap things up a bit and do green/original days instead of just EE all the time!

Gotta admit, the extra HeXB is pretty helpful to me (I can have a hifi bar as a treat on top of my toast in the mornings!) but I know what you mean! I tend to find that bananas are bulky enough to give me a quick top up, and I rely a lot on mullerlights as snacks on red days.

If it helps, since I've been doing this I've had some fab losses (4lb this week - most since I started!) and that's spurred me on for more red days this week! Good luck!

I do exactly the same! Lots of yogs! Used one hex for a Jacket spud today and this evening had 2 chic w/bix with the other!

Im on the last 2st out of 7 and I've ditched EE and Am pushing myself back into G&O for a while! 4lb is fantastic well done :) xx

I am also trying to get off EE for a bit. I think it's good... but I just eat sooo much!! lol! I think it's good to be able to fit into your lifestyle - like being able to have a burger and chips (SW-style of course!) or a homemade kebab and wedges mmm...
But i am also gonna try and get back onto more red/green days. And preferably red - as i find i eat too many carbs on green - good luck boycotting the EEs everyone :) I hope for a great loss like heyxtara - congrats xx

Hi there

I do nearly all red days and rarely get hungry, although I have heard of quite a few people having that problem with Red days :confused:
I tend to use 1heB for brekkie and 1 for dinner and then I have a meal of protein and salad/veg at lunch time.
I have found my fave meal right now it salad with boiled egg, 42g low fat feta (A or 3 syns) and 198g steamed potatoes mmmmm tasty and very filling :D. If Im making burgers etc I find using a 227g jacket for wedges is plenty too, I guess I have just adapted to the portion size now because even if I do EE or Green I still don't have more potato than I would get on Red days....

SNAP

I have just done 3 red days for the first time and was very hungry on them. Went to EE today as was going to a mates house and she was doing pasta n sauce...i am stuffed today! i think the pasta/carbs really filled me up!
Gonna try to to RED days tom and then thurs-sun to try boost my weight loss...Wish me luck!

Hi there

I do nearly all red days and rarely get hungry, although I have heard of quite a few people having that problem with Red days :confused:
I tend to use 1heB for brekkie and 1 for dinner and then I have a meal of protein and salad/veg at lunch time.
I have found my fave meal right now it salad with boiled egg, 42g low fat feta (A or 3 syns) and 198g steamed potatoes mmmmm tasty and very filling :D. If Im making burgers etc I find using a 227g jacket for wedges is plenty too, I guess I have just adapted to the portion size now because even if I do EE or Green I still don't have more potato than I would get on Red days....

I have only just recently started liking salad... and found my favourite salad meal is a mixture of lettuce, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber... boiled egg, an extra light laughing cow triangle (part of HExA) and sometimes... depending on the plan... some chopped up chicken pieces. Topped with some ASDA good for you italian dressing (free!). Delicious mmm!

I think it's all about portion size with me too. I don't even weigh my HEx's - I've kind of got use how much cereal i'm allowed looks in the bowl (and it's not alot lol) and will always only have a bit of milk with cereal and that's it. I think if I find my weight loss is dragging then I may be stricter with my HEx's... xx

I love red days as I can have 2 HEXA B. And like to force myself to have some no carb days.

I always have muller/fruit for breakfast

And always usually have sw tomato soup for lunch

(I hate eating in the day)

Tonights red meal was so filling.

Stir fry

Carrot
Courgette
Baby sweetcorn
Mushrooms
Garlic
Ginger
Soy sauce
Salt pepper

In another Frying pan

Frylite chillies spring onion garlic chicken strips salt pepper

Cook both pans till done

I'm so full and it was all so tasty!

Tonight I'll have 6 krisproll with 3 dairylea for supper x

Bunnylush - do u have a Food diary? i could do with some good ideas for RED days... x

Thanks! such help xx

Cai said:
Bunnylush - do u have a Food diary? i could do with some good ideas for RED days... x

I don't keep one here sorry. Only because I write them on a non slimming forum where there's some of us doing SW and I do online diary and paper. I thought 4 was pushing it!

Red day teas most recipes are here if you search or just google slimming world whatever recipe.
Use chillies garlic ginger for taste,I use frozen packets so handy.

Salt pepper chicken plus any stir fry veg (as above)

Bacon tomatoes mushrooms egg

Salmon steak with stir fry veg or salad.

Chips made with swede instead of potatoes.

Home made beef burgers served with iceberg lettuce salad or HEXB bread

Home made Kebab meat plus salad or HEXB pitta

Chicken wrapped in bacon HEXA cheese inside serve salad

Turkey meat plus veg

Sunday lunch with HEXB of new potatoes lots veg or do without potatoes

Lamb cutlets salad or veg

Mixed grill bacon, pork chop lamb chop tomatoes mushrooms

Chilli made with extra lean minced beef served with swede chips or salad or HEXB pitta

Any stew made with meat /veg in stock cube

White fish served with swede green beans carrots

Cottage pie made with lean minced beef topped with mashed swede

Pepper omelette with bacon mushrooms tomatoes

Baked butternut squash or marrow served with chopped bacon,mushrooms HEXA cheese

There's lots on SW online if you go to recipes xx

Thank you SOOOOO much! that is a huge help! I have copied and pasted into a word doc and keeping it on my desktop! will try some of these...love the idea of mashed swede on cottage pie! thanks xx

They are all pretty basic,there's lots of lovely recipes floating about to make the most of Your meal. Yours welcome xx

I love red days (although hypocritical as having a green day to break up my week today!)

I am never hungry - i think if you are feeling hungry you have not eaten enough at mealtimes, or you have not planned your snacks very well.

I am always grazing and have lots of snacks to keep me full. Fruit and veg sticks - yoghurts, mini babybel cheeses and all sorts!

x

This is great info i do SW from home as no class near me and quite expensive to do on line this site is fantastic so far i have followed red days I will keep checking for recipes xx

Butternut Squash and Onions are fine on Red too dont forget them Roasted with bit of salt pepper and Paprika added to any meal bulk it out n taste lush!!

Back