Determined to succeed

charmelz

Hi all. I have just joined my local slimming world class and this year is going to be my year. I have been a part of slimming world before and lost a stone and a half before deciding that I could save money and go it alone. This didn't work for me and I gained back what I had lost and some.

Had my first weigh in last night and am feeling pretty disgusted with myself. 16 stone 10!!!! I was 15 stone 7 last time I joined!!! I'm now struggling to get into my size 18's and am nearly double the lower end of my healthy weight. Enough is enough so my new life starts today.

Am really hoping that having a weight loss diary will help me to succeed. I've joined the lose 6 stone this year and I enrolled at my local gym a couple of weeks ago. So far so good with the gym. Am doing at least 5 hours a week and am loving it. Now just need to get the healthy eating under way. Am going to start with red days and will post my food lists here at the end of every day so please feel free to tell me if I am going wrong.

Here's to 2012. The year that I got healthy.

What to do?? Haven't really got a grip on a menu plan yet and haven't really had chance to go through book as forgot to take to work today. Was going to go for red option but feel that extra easy will prob be easier for the family. I have no idea what to do for tea tonight and am supposed to be at the gym for a couple of classes between 7 and 9.

Am I best to go to the gym and just have something quick to eat or skip the gym to get a handle on the diet. Trying to ignore the voice inside thats telling me to take tonight to get a menu plan together and then just start the diet tomorrow as this is just usually my excuse to binge lol

Well I didn't binge but I didn't go to the gym either. Don't know why I was getting myself so stressed out about the menu plan. Once I had taken a deep breath I realised that the only reason it seemed so difficult was because I was making it that way.
Enjoyed a really yummy mushroom and onion omelette for breakfast this morning and it was all stuff that I had in anyway. Really am starting to think this can become a healthy life change instead of one of them diets that I obsess over lol

Hi charmelz, welcome back to slimming world! :)
Dont beat yourself up about weight gain since last time..just think that when you stepped on those scales and saw the numbers that, that will be the heaviest you will ever be..every day from here on in, you will be lighter. The only way is down baby!! lol
Look forward to catching up with your progress. Good luck x

I must say I'm loving this extra easy. I know I'm only a few days in but I've never been this chilled within the first few days of a "diet" I've been using free and superfree foods for my meals and when I get that just want something to eat now urge I have ryvita and cheese triangles as my he's. I made the slimming world lasange last night and hubby loved it as much as I did. I was even able to freeze a couple of portions for when I'm on a late shift at work. I went to Mcdonalds yesterday and come away with just a coffee which is so unheard of lol.
I really feel like this time is different and that like sargentgirl says that was the heaviest I will ever be again.

Hi I've just started a diary too - its a great diet isn't it ?! I am loving it xx

Another good day today. It was my sisters baby shower and there was loads of naughty food. I had decided earlier in the day that I would just have a flexi syns day and then I thought well if you're having a flexi syns day you can have that pkt of crisps in the cupboard. It only took me a couple of seconds to realise that only 3 days in and I was already giving myself permission to eat everything in site. Gave myself a mental slap round the face, took some grapes with me and was dead proud of myself for not falling straight into my normal patterns.

Just had a really lovely grill up but it wasn't until after i had eaten it that i thought about the 1/3 superfree. I had mushrooms but not a 1/3 of a plate full. Can I make it up by then eating the equivalent in fruit or does it not work that way?

Haven't been to the gym for about a week what with one thing or another but decided today was the day. Can't believe the difference a week makes in how much harder the workout seemed. The bonus is it's made me realise I need to keep going at least 3 times a week to keep on top of my fitness levels. Have MIL coming for tea tonight so am going to give the fish pie recipe a go but think I'll use potato as a topping instead of swede and butternut squash.

Well done :) xx

Not had the greatest day today. Been quite low in mood but think it's because I feel really tired. Had a salad for lunch but didn't really enjoy it. Salad is one of them things I like with lasange or jacket pots not as a meal. Gonna have to do some research for packed lunch meals. Very nearly came of plan this evening. It was only sitting reading on here that gave me the determination to not. I love the fact that everyone here is going through the same thing and that there is so much support and motivation. Think I'm going to have an early night and hopefully things will look better in the morning.

Pulled a muscle in my neck this week so haven't managed to go to the gym and have been so uncomfortable I haven't even logged onto the computer. First day today that I'm feeling comfortable although it's still twinging a little. Had weigh in today and have lost another 4.5 lbs. 13lbs in 2 weeks. Wow. Should def be on for my stone award next week.

Back