Determined

Boo25

Hi.

So, a few years ago (7 or so actually! Where does the time go?) I did lighter life and lost over 4 stone in a little under 3 months. I was doing really well until my father died. I fell off the wagon and eventually put on more weight than I lost.
Then last year I had a short break with my sister. On the plane over I was shocked to find I really struggled to put the seatbelt on. REALLY struggled. And i was mortified on the plane home when I couldn't get it done up at all. I had to use a bright orange extender. It was so humiliating.
Of course I declared it was the last straw and then proceeded to wallow in carbs and chocolate feeling sorry for myself! Then earlier this year I bought some exante packs. After a couple of false starts i started total replacement yesterday and I'm actually feeling confident. Something feels different this time.

I've got another trip on a plane in a month and although I know I won't be a skinny-mini by then, I hope I'll have lost enough around the middle to avoid another embarrassing incident!

There were various reasons for the false starts this year but one of the main one's was being too much in my own head and that's why I'm here I guess. I'll use this space like a blog. I figure writing it all down, documenting my struggles and tracking my weight loss will make things much easier.

So that's it I guess. I'll update every few days. Comments greatfully received.

Starting weight - about 22 1/2 stone (my scales are pretty old and there isn't a level floor in my whole house so ' about' is the best I can do!)

Thanks for reading. It was a much longer post but I lost it all and can't remember everything I wrote!

Welcome . You will find great support on the forum

Welcome boo! Seems the 'seatbelt' issue is a real kicker for some to get motivated. I had a different issue on a plane 2 years back... I could get the belt on, but then couldn't get the tray table down, so had to spend the entire flight pretending I didn't want anything as was just so embarrassed.

Good luck for the first few days x

Hi there, I am new here too and am waiting for my packs to arrive today (according to Yodel they are on the van!). So I will be starting tomorrow-not sure what I weigh as i will do that in the morning but probably somewhere around the 19 st mark. Good luck :)

Hi there, I am new here too and am waiting for my packs to arrive today (according to Yodel they are on the van!). So I will be starting tomorrow-not sure what I weigh as i will do that in the morning but probably somewhere around the 19 st mark. Good luck :)

Good luck!
x

Back