Diane53 checking in

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Diane53, 16 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Diane53

Diane53 Member

Hi everyone - some of you may remember me from DH - I lost 6 stone in 2005 in 6 months - it changed my life completely - my husband followed suit and lost 3 stone - we became CD counsellors - made loads of new friends - moved to a bigger flat - live a healthier lifestyle - generally a much happier family - so many changes but the most important one was to my confidence - I no longer felt depressed - I had carried around 6 stone of depression. I love helping other people experience that now - I have been reading the posts about counsellors who don't maintain their weight loss - I used to be a social worker helping people with drug and alcohol addictions and didn't need to have been addicted myself to relate - because I also had an addiction - food! It wasn't going to potentially kill me quickly like drugs and alcohol but it was threatening my health and self-esteem and relationships. So..it has spurred me on to lose the weight I have put on. Losing two stone won't take long on this brilliant diet - it would be good to hear from counsellors who have also re-visited the diet and anyone else out there who would like to say hi - new friends or old.

Have a lovely weekend - the sun is shining and the birds are signing (and my toffee and walnut mousse tastes delicious).

Diane53
    CD Counsellor -
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi Diane53 and congratulations on catching yourself before you put on all the weight you originally lost. And considering it was in 2005 when you lost it, I guess you haven't done too badly, hey.

Thanks for writing this. It is good to hear from people who have been there before, been maintaining (and you really haven't done too badly), and have had their lives including their work changed by losing the weight.

Good luck with losing the 2 stone - how is your husband doing with his weight maintenance by the way?

4. Diane53

Diane53 Member

Hi Dancing I just posted and lost it grr - my OH has just completed step 3 1000 and lose a stone in 2 weeks - he put on the weight over holidays and xmas - he doesn't eat emotionally as I do - I have always been a compulsive eater - when I stressed my brain switches off - and although I don't eat massive amounts of food I will graze eating stuff I wouldn't usually eat - I have learned so much about portion control as well as enjoying healthier food and seeing more fattening foods as treats - the packs are always there when I have overdone it - we are all human and of course even counsellors struggle - you have done very well Dancing - you must be feeling amazing.

xxxDiane53
    CD Counsellor

Hedgemag and Delli like this.
  5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

men hey - they are so blessed to lose the weight so quickly.

And yes, thanks Diane- I do feel good .... I'm keep looking at my upper stomach (the bit below the boobs and above the waist line and just thinking WOW - how flat is that (in fact it is probably more concave and makes my boobs look huge). And this morning I looked at my hips and thought - wow, thin hips ... yes, I still have fat to lose but I am happy with how I am shaping up. Unfortunately nothing can be done about the bum which is nicely lowering itself toward the backs of my knees, or the boobs that fall a little lower than I'd like without a bra on. But I'd choose those two things being my main faults over a body that was as huge as mine, any day.

and the sun is shining so everything is right in the world

Hedgemag and Delli like this.
  6. Delli

Delli Talks too much

good to see u diane, and the best of luck! im sure u will have that extra weight off in no time!

7. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Hi Diane lovely to see you here this is a great forum full of friendly peeps so you will get loads of support :)

Glad Andy is doing well and you are back on track trouble with Christmas and NYyear is:eatdrink051::eat: :party0016::whistle:then suddenly
    :scale: :doh::cry:

Sending you loads of positive vibes:vibes::vibes:

Hedgemag likes this.
  8. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Hello Diane, Welcome to Minimins!! So glad you decided to pop over here! Now all we need is for Jude to pop in a bit more often too lol! :D:D:D

You know you'll soon lose that 2 stone - you can do it. :)

Mini likes this.
  9. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Yep need Jude to pop in more often sure she will likes us here:)

10. Diane53

Diane53 Member

Hi Linda - Dancing - Carol & Mrs D - thanks for the posts and encouragement - yes I think Jude should pop over here too although I still find it hard to locate posts - feels a much bigger virtual world over here as opposed to DH which is smaller and easier to get around - for instance the only way I could locate my thread was to search for my name - I looked on the CD Forum bit but couldn't see it - so many posts so much faster moving! Dancing I remember sitting in taxi and wondering why my bottom hurt - it was of course because I was no longer so well padded! I don't know how old you are but in my 50's I don't expect to have a great body especially after losing a lot of weight - however once I discovered M & S magic knickers and balconette bras I was happy - amazing how you can look sooo good with clothes on!!! Now I just need to do something about my turkey-neck which can only get worse with age - I know I notice it more than anyone lese and have thought fairly seriously about a lower face lift BUT my lovely nearly 14 year old is set against it - I understand as she sees it as unnecessary surgery which is always going to be a risk - as me and my OH work in a hospital we are well aware also of risks of getting hospital-caught infections. Still as I said in my first post life is so much better and being healthier and happier 'out-weights' all the negatives!!!

Have a lovely sunny Sunday.

xxxxxxx

Diane53
    CD Counsellor

Mrs Depp likes this.
  11. Diane53

Diane53 Member

Oops - missed you off my thanks list Delli - you have done well - must be feeling so much better - how sizes have you dropped?

xxDiane53
    CD Counsellor

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes, everyone is talkative on this site, Diane!! I think that is part of the reason I come on here everyday - miss a day and you can never find the time to catch up with all the threads!

I'm 41, by the way (a younger looking one rather than an older looking one). I won't get too hung up on my droopy bum and breasts - as I say, I'm much happier with my body now than when I was 6 stone heavier.

And I know what you mean about less padding being less comfortable - I can now feel the individual springs in my mattress .... I'm turning into a princess with this weight loss (princess and the pea story).

13. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I'm with you all the way on this one! Could have been written by me! LOL!

14. Diane53

Diane53 Member

Hi Dancing & Nikki - you both sound so happy - losing weight really does feel like a butterfly coming out of its chrysalis (if you know what I mean)!!!! A new beginning - please make sure you do maintenance to the letter - that is THE most important part of ANY diet.

XXXXX

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.