Diarrhoea/Headache

Watergirl

Rock Solid
Been feeling fine all day, then all of a sudden I stood up to answer my phone and had to desperately rush to the toilet.

I have severe diarrhoea. The problem is there is not much to come out because am only on SS+. Have eaten chicken today, but ate it literally 5 mins before I had to go to the toilet.

Can food go through that quickly? Could it be the chicken?

The only other different thing is I had a bar today and haven't had a bar in the whole time on CD.

Plus I have a throbbing headache. Am in bed now it hurts so much. I never get headaches and am drinking lots of water. I wondered if I was dehydrated from the bad stomach, but keeping liquid intake high.

I notice that diarrhoea and headaches are symptoms of swine flu. Am also exhausted and hot/cold, but that could be CD as I sometimes feel freezing and shattered anyway.

Any advice? I thought swine flu was just like flu, achy, temperature. Didn't realise that diarrhoea was a symptom.

I'd check yourself out with NHS direct hon x

Thanks I'll call them in the morning if I feel rough. Despite feeling hot and cold though I don't feel I have a temperature.
Have had flu about 10 years ago and this is nothing like it. I couldn't move then, so hoping this is just a stomach bug and not the start of something :)

Sounds like a tummy bug but I have heard sickness and upset tummy can be part of swine flu but I'm sure it's not hun as like you say you have had flu and you don't have any of those symptoms with it. Hope you feel better soon. Big get well soon hugs xx

The symptoms of swine flu are broadly the same as those of ordinary flu, but may be more severe and cause more serious complications.

The typical symptoms are:
  • sudden fever (a high body temperature of 38C/100.4F or above), and
  • sudden cough.
Other symptoms may include:
  • headache,
  • tiredness,
  • chills,
  • aching muscles,
  • limb or joint pain,
  • diarrhoea or stomach upset,
  • sore throat,
  • runny nose,
  • sneezing, and
  • loss of appetite.

thought this might help got it off the NHS website xx

Swine flu can also be (and is, in the experience of those at my firm who have it/have had it) milder than usual flu. so the fact that your 'flu' symptoms are mild doesn't mean it isn't, I'm afraid.

Diarrhoea is a potential symptom; plus it does sound like you may be a bit feverish - probably worth calling nhs direct or going to the internet site (just search 'swine flu') that tells you what to do.

hope you feel better soon.

Watergirl, I am glad you posted this becasue I have exactly the same. I came back from holiday on friday night (after a week of eating) and tried to get back into CD from Saturday. Didn't do too well at the weekend but not too badly either and was needing to rush to the toilet once or twice. Started CD for real on Monday but still had the same symptoms for the toilet after I had something to eat (CD). Just thought it was the change of food etc.

Last night - OMG!!! I have had my first day off work on sick leave in 2 years today. I could not attempt to even drive to work. I have been up literally every half an hour going to the toilet. I have had it over 24 hours now and I am still running to the toilet. I am literally shattered. I have no other symptoms (apart from the tiredeness etc but that is becasue I am not eating or drinking much). I have not had any CD today but decided to eat something. At 4 p.m. my dad went and got me a cooked chicken from Morrisons so I've had some of that and some water.

I am hoping it is a 24 hour bug thing becasue this will wear me out. With me I think it is just my body getting rid of my weeks 'crap' (excuse the pun) that I had on holiday. With my stomach not being used to it and having very very little food in 3 months then going AI for a week.

Sorry for the long post. I hope you are feeling a bit better soon

Back