DIARY CLOSED.

+3lb this morning! Feeling cross and upset with myself, but I have to remember what I said yesterday. That it was well deserved and how much of a lovely weekend I'd had. And I should be proud of the fact that this has happened one week out of seven - back when I was on SW this would happen every week! I'd be good Mon-Thurs then it would go out of the window Fri-Sun and I'd spend Monday and Tuesday trying to play catch up before WI on a Tuesday night! So that's an achievement for me in itself. Must remember all of this.

Anyway, back to the grindstone this morning. And ready to work harder than ever. I really would like that 3lb and more gone by next Monday, so I'm going to have to be very wise with my calories this week! But I know I can do it. May even do a third Fast day this week to try and compensate, but I am trying not to overthink things and just take each day as they come!

This is how today is looking so far...

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Advent Calendar Chocolate
- Monster Zero Energy Drink
- Fruit Salad (Melon chunks, Grapes and Orange pieces)

Lunch:
- Half of a Boots "Shapers" Chicken Tikka Flatbread
- Boots "Shapers" Sweet Chilli Lentil Curls
- Boots "Shapers" Mint Nougat bar
- Boots "Shapers" Raspberry & Mango Water

Dinner:
- Ham and Mushroom Risotto served with a slice of Garlic Bread
- Double Chocolate Chunk Quest bar

Other:
- Special K Red Berry Cereal bar
- Cadbury Roses Chocolate
- Bottle of Pepsi Max Cherry

Last edited:
That will come off in no time hun! Dont worry about it, 3rd fast day sounds good tho!

Ive had a similar shocking weekend, been to TGI Fridays had 2 courses and cocktails - whooops! Then went for fry up yesterday morning! Straight back on it today though with a much needed fast day -im at hair salon 11-2 so im hoping it will be quite easy to skip breakfast and dinner (taking a cereal bar with me thats all)

How many cals in a advent calendar choc? Lol ... i have a Thorntons one - yummy! Dont think im going tp count it within my cals tho :/ hah

Hope you have a good day

X

That will come off in no time hun! Dont worry about it, 3rd fast day sounds good tho!

Ive had a similar shocking weekend, been to TGI Fridays had 2 courses and cocktails - whooops! Then went for fry up yesterday morning! Straight back on it today though with a much needed fast day -im at hair salon 11-2 so im hoping it will be quite easy to skip breakfast and dinner (taking a cereal bar with me thats all)

How many cals in a advent calendar choc? Lol ... i have a Thorntons one - yummy! Dont think im going tp count it within my cals tho :/ hah

Hope you have a good day

X

They vary depending on the type of advent calendar! I've just got a cheap one (One Direction lol!) with the little tiny chocolates in, and they're 14cals each. It says on the back of the calendar. But I know someone else who has a Thorntons one - the triangular one - and they're 70cals each! I'd definitely still try and count them though, otherwise you're just cheating yourself. Not counting them isnt going to make the calories non-existant lol! x

I think 3 fast days would be too much, you've got to have a social life & you're always going to have weekends like the last one happening, that's life. I have events like that & my weight will go up & done, you're doing so well x

Just want to feel in control again Michelle, and really would like about 5lb off next week - the 3lb gain and 2lb to catch up with my mini-goal. It might be December but it isn't Christmas yet, and I don't want to undo all of my hard work before the big day has even arrived! I'm not sure. I was thinking of fasting Tues, Thurs & Sunday. So tomorrow would be my first one. I think it would definitely be manageable for me and would hopefully give me the boost I'm looking for this week. But I'll give it some more thought xx

I agree with Happy Holidays, I would stick to 2 fast days - most of that gain might just be bloat anyway and it will probably come off in no time. I think if you start tweaking the plan and depriving yourself too much you could end up going off the rails. You've been doing so well with 5:2 until now, just give it a chance to work this week!

To be quite honest, I plan to do most of December as 4:3 as there's so much on and I want to stay in control and balance things out. I have a leaving "do" for a friend / colleague next week, Christmas "do" the following week, then it's Christmas and then New Year!! So I think that making a start and attempting 3 Fast days per week now will help. As my body will adjust to doing the third fast day and then I won't feel so deprived. And then once it comes to January, and everything is over and done with, I'll go back to 5:2. I won't be eating so many calories on the Feast days and so I won't need the third Fast day to counteract that anymore. I've thought about this lots and I definitely think that this is the way forward for me. It's not just about this weeks gain. I'm trying to think of the bigger picture...

I second Pip... just be aware if you feel you're finding it too tough.

The most successful thing with weight loss is to play the slow and steady game and to have patience, when we begin to play catch up that's when we can begin to go off the rails! xx

Thanks. Think we cross posted though! Just explained my theory up there ^^^ and it's not entirely about playing catch up this week. I'm trying to plan ahead and think of the bigger picture. I actually think that being organised and planning like this is what will actually stop me from falling off the rails - not cause me to.

I think we only really know what's best for ourselves. And this is something I have really thought about, it's not something that's just popped into my head lol. I do appreciate the comments and the advice, but I really think that for December this is the way forward for me! xx

That's fair enough, we do know what is best for ourselves, I'm sure you will be fine with it. I'm hoping to maintain in December, any loss would be a bonus (or miracle)!

Thanks. Think we cross posted though! Just explained my theory up there ^^^ and it's not entirely about playing catch up this week. I'm trying to plan ahead and think of the bigger picture. I actually think that being organised and planning like this is what will actually stop me from falling off the rails - not cause me to.

I think we only really know what's best for ourselves. And this is something I have really thought about, it's not something that's just popped into my head lol. I do appreciate the comments and the advice, but I really think that for December this is the way forward for me! xx

Okie dokies, I was a tad worried for a mo :D

Slimming World Veteran, Discovering a New Way of Life with 5:2 ♥

Morning diary, happy Tuesday. Or unhappy Tuesday for me. Did a naughty scale hop this morning and they are up even more today!! Now weighing at 12st 2.5lb grrr. And that's after getting back on plan yesterday!! It's so disheartening - I'd thought they'd have gone down a bit and that was my intention for getting on them this morning. I thought if I'd seen them go back down it'd be good motivation. Instead it's put me in a hellish mood! But hey ho, life goes on. It just makes me want to stick to 4:3 even more.

With that being said, today is going to be my first of three Fast days this week. Here's how it's looking...

Fast Day

Breakfast (15cals):

- Can of Monster Zero

Lunch (59cals):
- Whitworth's Berry & White Chocolate Shot

Dinner (360cals):
- Tesco Healthy Living Chicken Hotpot (225) served with Vegetables (83) and an Aunt Bessie's Golden Yorkshire (52)

Other (60cals):
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero (2)
- Advent Calendar Chocolate (14)
- Reese's mini Peanut Butter Cup (44)

Total Calories:
494 / 500

Last edited:
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES! Well till next Monday anyway! From reading your diary when you were following SW, scale hopping never helped and you know that weight fluctuates naturally day to day anyway. Just stick to the 5:2 / 4:3 plan and you'll have a loss next Monday and not before!

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES! Well till next Monday anyway! From reading your diary when you were following SW, scale hopping never helped and you know that weight fluctuates naturally day to day anyway. Just stick to the 5:2 / 4:3 plan and you'll have a loss next Monday and not before!

I know, I know. It's just disheartening. So many people said to me yesterday "oh, they will be back down again tomorrow. You'll be back into the 11's", so naturally I got sucked into it and it was a kick in the teeth to see I'm actually further into the 12's! Will try and keep off them if I can this week x

Hey Stevie! I haven't been around much but I'm so intrigued by 5:2..

It's just too easy to slip with SW sometimes!

Might give 5:2 a go, you are getting amazing results so keep it up! It's a tiny blip this week, you won't remember it in a few months when you are in the 10s!!

Aww thank you!! That was a really nice comment to read :)

Definitely agree about it being too easy to slip up with SW - with SW I would have slipped up every week and fallen off the wagon, whereas this weekend was only one out of seven. Which I am trying to remember and see as a positive.

Good luck with 5:2 - hope you enjoy it as much as I am! x

Subscribing x Stevie you are doing brill!!! keep it up - you are an inspiration x

Last time you sneaky peaked and showed a gain you had a cracking loss.. Don't let those scales get to you .. A good week ahead and those scales will show a nicer number xx

Slimming World Veteran, Discovering a New Way of Life with 5:2 ♥

Good morning diary, happy hump day! Happy that the week seems to be going pretty quickly - half way to the weekend already :)

Have to hold my hands up and admit to another cheeky scale hop this morning. But they are now showing the 11's again so I am feeling in a much more positive mood and I think that now I'll be able to stay off them for the rest of the week. Just needed that reassurance that this is going to work for me, I guess. I know that sounds silly - of course it works for me, I lost 1st 5lb in the first six weeks!! - but it's definitely done what I wanted it to do. And I'm now confident that I can turn things around well and truly from last weekend.

Today is my second Feast day of the week, and I'm looking forward to some yummy food! Just taken a gammon steak out of the freezer this morning, so I'm looking forward to having that for tea. Loving a nice, hearty meal at this time of year when the weather is cold and dark.

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge Pot
- Can of Monster Zero

Lunch:
- M&S Mango, Mangetout and Coriander Salad with half a packet of Sweet & Smoky Chicken
- M&S "Guilt Free Snacking" Sour Cream and Chilli Lentil Curls
- M&S "Count on Us" Chocolate Mousse
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- Gammon Steak topped with BBQ Sauce and Cheese. Served with Spicy SW Wedges and Roasted Vegetables (Peppers, Mushrooms and Red Onion)

Other:
- Advent Calendar Chocolate
- Special K Red Berries Cereal bar
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Quest bar
- Nutella & Go!
- Bottle of Coke Zero

Last edited:
Back