- Tesco Falafel and Hummus Wrap
- Blueberry Danio
- Bottle of Coke Zero

Dinner:
- Half of a Tesco Stonebaked Sweet Chilli Chicken Pizza
- Special K Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Cracker Crisps
- 25cl bottle of "B" by Black Tower Rose Wine with Soda Water

Last edited:
Im finding it hard to get back on track after xmas too, I've managed 1 fast day so far, today was meant to be a fast day but ate biscuits and crumper at toddler group so thought sod it for today, will just stick to my maintenance cals for today now...need a good shake!!!

Im finding it hard to get back on track after xmas too, I've managed 1 fast day so far, today was meant to be a fast day but ate biscuits and crumper at toddler group so thought sod it for today, will just stick to my maintenance cals for today now...need a good shake!!!

That's better than I was managing! I was more like "sod it, I'll get back on plan another day", and not even sticking anywhere near to my TDEE. Besides, I only managed 1 Fast on my first ever week of 5:2 and I still lost 6lb!!

My plan for today, Saturday and Sunday is to stay within my TDEE, then Monday is a new week. I'm going to weigh in Monday morning and treat that as my *starting weight*. Then I'll reintroduce the Fast days, probably my usual Thursdays and Sundays x

Thank you lovely! I'm so happy and pretty proud of myself too. I really found that taking the pressure off myself helped too - as much as I love Mini's and other Social Medias, sometimes it does give that feel of extra pressure at times xx

It's all to easy to put pressure on ourselves, you're doing a grand job and don't you forget it xx

Well done for getting back on track. Now that you have something to aim for, I know that will help keep you focused.

Good morning diary, happy Monday. I know most people detest Monday's, but I'm actually really excited about today as it's my *official* restart date. I weighed myself this morning and the scales settled at 12st 7.5lb. Not going to worry about where I was or how much I have gained, etc. as that's not going to change anything. I'm treating this as a total restart, a brand new journey if you like.

So, here I am at 12st 7.5lb. My goal is still 9st - whether or not that is too much, we shall see as I get closer to it - and I now have a new and exciting motivation. Over the weekend Warren and I found our holiday for this year! We've not booked yet, as we're waiting for payday at the end of January, but we've found a fantastic deal for Fuerteventura in September. It's two weeks all inclusive and is with the same hotel group we stayed with in Tenerife last year and - get this - it works out at only £80 each more than what we paid for just one week last year!! It's a no-brainer to go for the fortnight when the difference is just a measly £80. Besides, 1 week just wasn't long enough for us last year. Anyway, I've worked out that I've got 33 WI's before we go (we'll be going on the 3rd September, ahead of our second anniversary on the 6th) and 49.5lb to lose. That works out at an average of just 1.5lb per week, and although I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself and just take each week as it comes, it's nice to know that it is achievable if I stick to it.

I am determined to stick to plan now. I am sick of messing around, getting so far through my journey and close to target and then messing up. I have spent years reliving the same journey and this year I want to finish it once and for all.

Today is the beginning of the end. I am going to get to Target this year and change my life for good.

Feast Day

Breakfast:

- Can of Sugar Free Red Bull
- Tesco Grape, British Pear, Pomegranate and Blackberry pot

Mid-Morning Snack:
- Special K Red Berry Cereal Bar

Lunch:
- Tesco Healthy Living Roast Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Special K Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Cracker Crisps
- Galaxy Minstrels
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Afternoon Snack:
- Alpen Fruit & Nut Trail bar

Dinner:
- 3 x Quorn Low Fat Sausages served with Mustard Mash, 2 x Aunt Bessie's Golden Yorkshires, Steam Vegetables (Carrots, Sweetcorn and Peas) and a Mushroom and Red Onion Gravy

Other:
- Bottle of Pepsi Max Cherry
- Thorntons Milk Chocolate Buttons

Last edited:
Sounds like fab motivation, have a great first day back on plan xx

Thank you. I think it's definitely the motivation I needed - it gives me a timescale now and something to work towards. I'm a little worried that I have a weekend away in York in two weeks time, but I'll just have to try my best to be on-plan whenever I can and more importantly not beat myself up if I slip up a little. Determined to do this. I'm sick of going in circles xx

Morning lovely,

Holiday sounds fab! And there's no better motivation than being bikini-ready!

I'm feeling exactly the same about going round in circles. I'm determined that 2015 will be the year my life changes for good.

We can do this :)

xxx

Thank you. I think it's definitely the motivation I needed - it gives me a timescale now and something to work towards. I'm a little worried that I have a weekend away in York in two weeks time, but I'll just have to try my best to be on-plan whenever I can and more importantly not beat myself up if I slip up a little. Determined to do this. I'm sick of going in circles xx
Yeah that's it life doesn't always go to plan and we shouldn't but I do too beat ourselves up as it doesn't normally help, I sometimes think sod it I've had a bad day then go on for days instead of drawing a line, but remember all we can do is our best we are only human after all, sorry for the essay xx

Morning lovely,

Holiday sounds fab! And there's no better motivation than being bikini-ready!

I'm feeling exactly the same about going round in circles. I'm determined that 2015 will be the year my life changes for good.

We can do this :)

xxx

Thank you gorgeous lady! It sounds so cliche, and I say it every year. But this is going to be the year I get to Target - even if it kills me! We can definitely do it, especially when we're all in it together!

Have a great day xxxx

Yeah that's it life doesn't always go to plan and we shouldn't but I do too beat ourselves up as it doesn't normally help, I sometimes think sod it I've had a bad day then go on for days instead of drawing a line, but remember all we can do is our best we are only human after all, sorry for the essay xx

Hey, no need to say sorry Mrs! Everything you have written pretty much sums me up, because that's exactly what I do and a habbit that I am desperate to break. I want to leave one bad day at exactly that, one day rather than a whole week off plan!! Going to take it one step at a time. Thanks for your words xx

Thank you gorgeous lady! It sounds so cliche, and I say it every year. But this is going to be the year I get to Target - even if it kills me! We can definitely do it, especially when we're all in it together!

Have a great day xxxx

Hey, no need to say sorry Mrs! Everything you have written pretty much sums me up, because that's exactly what I do and a habbit that I am desperate to break. I want to leave one bad day at exactly that, one day rather than a whole week off plan!! Going to take it one step at a time. Thanks for your words xx
You are welcome, you can try your best, have a good day xx

Slimming World Veteran, Discovering a New Way of Life with 5:2 ♥

Morning diary, happy Tuesday. Pleased to report that yesterday was excellent! 100% on plan and full of determination and motivation. So pleased we found our holiday at the weekend as it's really come at the right time and brought the motivation I was lacking.

I usually do my first Fast on a Thursday, but since this is my first week back I think they're going to be a bit of a struggle. So I've decided that I'll try for a Fast day today. It means that if things don't go to plan then I've still got the rest of the week to try again. Whereas if I failed on Thursday it'd mean having to Fast over the weekend, which I already know I couldn't do (apart from my usual Sunday!).

So that's my plan of action. Here's how today is looking...

Fast Day

Breakfast {72cals}:

- Can of Relentless Origin Sugar Free {14}
- Tesco Pineapple Pot {58}

Lunch {71cals}:
- Graze Korai Chutney Punnet {69}
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero {2}

Dinner {250cals}:
- Asda Good & Counted Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Sizzler {250}

Other {103cals}:
- Can of Pepsi Max {1}
- Cadbury Creme Egg Biscuit {77}
- 50ml Semi Skimmed Milk {25}

Total Calories:
496 / 500

Last edited:
Yippeeeeeeee to finding your holiday, that is so exciting, as you know I love my hols! We're also off the Fuerte in Sept, but not too sure of the dates, I need Bob to confirm when he is off. Whereabouts are you staying?

The holiday will give you the determination you need, and keep you going when times are harder! x

Yippeeeeeeee to finding your holiday, that is so exciting, as you know I love my hols! We're also off the Fuerte in Sept, but not too sure of the dates, I need Bob to confirm when he is off. Whereabouts are you staying?

The holiday will give you the determination you need, and keep you going when times are harder! x

Wow, small world!! We are staying at the Globales Costa Tropical in Costa Antigua. I read that it's quite quiet there but is just 15-20mins walk from the next resort which is a bit more lively, and that's exactly what we like. Not to be in the middle of everything but close enough if we want to venture out. Looking forward to some sunshine, especially the thought of two full weeks of it this year!! It's definitely keeping me focused!! x

Best of luck with the fast day today! Can't remember the last time I had a 2 week holiday, but yours sounds lovely. Can't wait till I have 3 weeks off work at the end of the year!

Wow, small world!! We are staying at the Globales Costa Tropical in Costa Antigua. I read that it's quite quiet there but is just 15-20mins walk from the next resort which is a bit more lively, and that's exactly what we like. Not to be in the middle of everything but close enough if we want to venture out. Looking forward to some sunshine, especially the thought of two full weeks of it this year!! It's definitely keeping me focused!! x

Certainly is a small world, lol, we're in Corralejo which is north of the island, we'll be going for a long weekend or midweek break depends on the cheapest flights, I'm going with my sister & mum for a few days but Bob will be going for two weeks I think! The weather will be fab in Sept, I'm looking forward to taking my mum as she's never been before, well in fact it will be the first time she'll have flown :eek: x

Certainly is a small world, lol, we're in Corralejo which is north of the island, we'll be going for a long weekend or midweek break depends on the cheapest flights, I'm going with my sister & mum for a few days but Bob will be going for two weeks I think! The weather will be fab in Sept, I'm looking forward to taking my mum as she's never been before, well in fact it will be the first time she'll have flown :eek: x

Oh a friend of mine at work was telling me she had been to Corralejo when she was a bit younger and said it was lovely and gorgeous weather too. I love hearing from other people who have been to places we're going as it makes me even more excited! Wow, how exciting for your mum! How is she feeling about flying - is she nervous / excited / both? And how has Bob wangled two weeks when you are only there a few days!! Lucky Bob x

Back