Diary of a diet disaster.

autunm

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am 64 and an expert dieter. I have been on them all: Low cal, low fat, low carb, Cambridge, Atkins, Egg, Grape fruit, and I’m still trying to forget the side effects of the Cabbage Soup:ashamed0005:. I lose the weight OK, rapidly usually. I buy new clothes, and feel fantastic. But, I’m also a realist so put the ‘fat’ clothes in the loft because, sure as eggs, I’ll need ‘em sooner or later.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] As soon as I fall off the diet, the weight piles on and adds a bit extra for good measure. So, since January this year, I’ve been going it alone. Eating sensibly, 3 meals a day and if I want a cream cake or a few biscuits I’ll have some. Take a week off? Why not! Despite this attitude, or maybe because of it, I have lost a stone (14lbs) and kept it off. The longest I have ever not fallen by the wayside. Yes, It’s slow but I don’t feel governed by the scales and food isn’t constantly on my mind wondering what I can have… how many calories in this… how much fat in that… what’s the carb content etc etc.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m starting to feel as if I could do with meeting other dieters and having a chat now and again so here I am. I have no idea which group I should join.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a typical day’s food intake for me[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Breakfast: Weetabix x2, semi skimmed milk banana mashed in it. Coffee[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Mid morning coffee[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Lunch: Homemade soup, roll no butter, glass of semi skimmed milk low fat yogurt[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Mid afternoon. Cup of tea Slimfast snack bar or a biscuit[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Evening meal: Lean meat of fish with fresh vegetables low fat jelly or homemade pudding.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Bedtime Sometimes have a Chocolate Slimfast made with hot milk or just have hot milk, sometimes I don’t bother.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
I also have a large glass of water every hour( if practical) up to 5pm. I have to cut back then or else I’m up all night piddling.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This isn’t carved in stone. Some days I’ll have a poached egg for breakfast, or tomatoes on toast for lunch. I mix and match. Some days I’ll have fish and chips for my evening meal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I try to weigh once a week and so long as I’ve not gained so much as an ounce, I’m happy.[/FONT]

that's kind of what i do on this "diet". I have two really good days and on days when I want to go out and drink a bottle of wine, down 3 shots of jager and eat chips on the way home I do! I guess that's why I lose weight slowly!!

But at least it's sustainable and you can lead a normal life.

The thing that's really changed for me is that things like cake, chocolate, chips, slaps of cheese really are a treat and not every day things. If I really want 5 jam doughnuts one day (hangs head in shame), I have them but go to the gym afterwards and don't do it again for a few months.

I think there's something in it you know :)

And by the way - your footer which refers to elderly person - funny - but hope you're not referring to yourself. 64 is basically a nipper these days :D

Dreadful weather here today, raining sideways. I had to fill the car with petrol ... £1 25p a litre and other parts of the country pay more. When I lived in Canada, petrol (gas) was dirt cheap and also the price of houses compared to the UK. I met the girls for coffee... girls! None of us will see 60 again, and some won't see 70. I was very good I had a skinny latte. Then it was a rush back home, walk the dog and then hubby and I met old friends for a pub lunch by the river. I don't have the slimmers platter any more... because it isn't very wholesome or nice. I had a grilled chicken fillet and seasonable vegetables.
It has turned into one of those evenings when you just want to draw the curtains and shut it out. I shall probably have a slimfast drink for my evening meal, I still feel full after the lunch.

Back