Diary of a ex-serial dieter

spacecakes78

Hello!

I joined SW yesterday and am now determine to ditch the yo-yo dieting of the past 13ish years and finally take control of my life!

I was recently given tablets for blood pressure and at 37 I feel I am too young for that! I know my weight is a big part of that! In fact, my doctor said if I lose 10% then I can prob stop the tablets so that's my first target! I have over 5 stone to lose to get to my ultimate target weight (which I haven't been since I had my first child at 20)

I have decided to do this diary so I can reflect when I have tough times.

I am a teacher now - I qualified last year after working very hard to get a degree with OU whilst working and raising 3 kids - because it's all I've wanted to be. It's hard work and long hours but I love it! And surely if I can achieve that then I can take control of my weight and eating habits?!

I am taking it one day at a time. Sounds like an AA meeting but I truly believe that struggling with your weight is similar to an addiction! We all know what we should do to lose weight - it's not rocket science. But something in my head stops me!

Anyway enough of that! Onwards and upwards.

100% today so far! Aching from day 1 of shred it with weights which I hope to do 3-4 times a week for first few weeks, building up to activity 5+ times a week.

Good luck to anyone reading this. (If there is anyone!)

Em x

I feel your pain - but my first (almost) week in and first official weigh in saw a 4lb loss (joined on the Friday but didn't start until Monday - Easter got in the way) Go me, I was pleased with that loss and another 3lb is half a stone.

I qualified as an FE teacher last July after 2 years of day release from my work and one evening class per week. Studying, working ft and raising a family is tough going I can connect with that one! Opening the crisps/biscuits midway through an assignment and filling up on pizza as I'd lost all track of time and needed to fix tea quick, so picked up the phone got me through - but boy did I pile on the pounds... And create some bad mealtime habits for my boys.

I am determined to shed 3 stone through as im the big four o in January 2017. I can't face the 40th floor fat (it may collapse). Plus nothing fits me anymore, but my husband says 'no more new clothes'. So I bought new shoes instead today (he will never know - what these old things!)

Keep going, fingers crossed for a successful week for you too.

Nic

Back