Diary of a Fat Bloke!!!!

grd9

I am not really a poster in forums and neither was I a dieter until last week. After a considerable amount of fat man jokes and concerned people telling me I needed to do something, I decided that I probably should. The main reason I am doing this is myself actually, I am not happy with how I look/feel but also I have two little girls who have given me even more reason to do it.

Last Tuesday I visited Sue my counsellor who was a very nice lady and very informative. I got a shock when I found out how much I weighed 20st7 but I am determined to get down to 14-15 stone and am sure that the Cambridge Diet is the answer. I did Lipotrim 14 years ago and lost 5st despite the awful tasting products at that time (they may well have improved.)

The first week has been a bit hellish say the least and I have probably not been the best person to be around but the last couple of days I am definitely improving. I am not sure having a chest infection has helped a great deal but nevertheless I have a goal and I will reach it by hook or by crook!!!

Tomorrow is weighing day and I am quite looking forward to it. I will post afterwards my first week's result.

Tell me is it normal to be hot all the time on this diet as for the past 3-4 days I have been hot I assume it is my metabolism or maybe just the chest infection???

Hey and welcome. I too did lipotrim yucky.

Usually people get cold from this diet. I would say your hot due to your infection. Have you spoke to sue since you have this?

Can't wait to hear of your loss.

Good luck.

Well done for taking the plunge - you won't regret it once you step on those scales tomorrow!

I generally feel cold all the time since starting this diet so I agree with Amethyst that it's probably your chest infection making you feel hot as you probably have a temperature.

It's the first time I've ever posted on a forum too but I think it's a great way to get help and support when you're dieting, especially on this diet which is rather extreme but with amazing results!

Good luck

Hey mate yay another guy lol I started 12 weeks ago at 21st5lbs and have lost 6st3lbs :D we lose it quicker apparently. I'm currently on step 3 till Thursday did step 2 lastweek and then step 4 next week as im about 6lbs from goal. Keep us posted :D

Thanks everyone. Seeing people who have done it or are doing it is great. Gives you the boost you need.

Hey mate yay another guy lol I started 12 weeks ago at 21st5lbs and have lost 6st3lbs :D we lose it quicker apparently. I'm currently on step 3 till Thursday did step 2 lastweek and then step 4 next week as im about 6lbs from goal. Keep us posted :D

OMG! Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss in just 12 weeks! That must be some sort of record, surely!

Typical that men lose it quicker - everything is easier for you men, lol!

Seriously, well done! If this was an Olympic sport, you'd win a goal medal! :)

casablanca said:
OMG! Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss in just 12 weeks! That must be some sort of record, surely!

Typical that men lose it quicker - everything is easier for you men, lol!

Seriously, well done! If this was an Olympic sport, you'd win a goal medal! :)

Haha thanks Casablanca :) idunno if it's a record but I feel fantastic and I'm so glad I finally did something about it x

I don't know what happened over night but I feel fantastic this morning. I think it is probably because the chest infection/cold has cleared up and I had a great night's sleep a whole 8 hours and I am told a reduced snore which is even better!!!!

I feel on top of the world and I am only 7 days in. I appreciate there will be good and bad days but today feels great and it is weigh in day too.

Good luck with your weigh in :) Let us know how it goes!

Men are luck they lose weight so fast! You are both defo brave men coming onto the forum and starting CD, lots of men just wouldnt do it! Good luck to you both!

Good luck with your WI! :)

Hey Nicola, don't frown on a -2.5lbs loss! Just think you've lost 8.5lbs in just 2 weeks - that's fantastic - be proud of yourself!! How many other diets could you have lost that much weight on in such a short space of time?! None is probably the answer.

At this rate you are on target to lose a stone in just one month :)

Hey Nicola, don't frown on a -2.5lbs loss! Just think you've lost 8.5lbs in just 2 weeks - that's fantastic - be proud of yourself!! How many other diets could you have lost that much weight on in such a short space of time?! None is probably the answer.

At this rate you are on target to lose a stone in just one month :)

Awww thank you. I know what you mean I just thought it would be more because it was only my 2nd week... I haven't let it get me down though and stuck with it this week. I do hope I have a better loss at my WI tomorrow though!

Awww thank you. I know what you mean I just thought it would be more because it was only my 2nd week... I haven't let it get me down though and stuck with it this week. I do hope I have a better loss at my WI tomorrow though!

So glad to hear you haven't let it get you down. The losses soon mount up. Start trying clothes on that didn't fit you - it's a great way to see what you've actually achieved because you lose inches too. I'm wearing trousers now that I couldn't even fasten 4 weeks ago and they are loose!! Below is my little journey so far and you will see that I'm always smiling :)
WEEK 1: -9lbs :D
WEEK 2: -2lbs :)

WEEK 3: -2lbs :)
WEEK 4: -3lbs :)
Inches: -11
:D

1[SUP]st[/SUP] mini goal: lose a stone in a month – done
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] mini goal: get into the 9’s asap -

So glad to hear you haven't let it get you down. The losses soon mount up. Start trying clothes on that didn't fit you - it's a great way to see what you've actually achieved because you lose inches too. I'm wearing trousers now that I couldn't even fasten 4 weeks ago and they are loose!! Below is my little journey so far and you will see that I'm always smiling :)
WEEK 1: -9lbs :D
WEEK 2: -2lbs :)

WEEK 3: -2lbs :)
WEEK 4: -3lbs :)
Inches: -11
:D

1[SUP]st[/SUP] mini goal: lose a stone in a month – done
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] mini goal: get into the 9’s asap -

WOW! Well done - I'd be smiling too if I'd lost 16lb in 4 weeks!!!

Hello grd9!

Looking forward to see how your first weeks WI goes. I had mine yesterday and lost 7lbs :) This diet is definitely hard work but well worth it! x

Well to say I am shocked is an understatement I found it difficult to contain myself at the weigh in although I tried to keep a straight face as all men do and pretend we are not fussed what happens but I lost 15 lbs. I know it won't be anything like that next week but gives you a good boost

Last edited:
WOW!!! Thats amazing grd9, well done!!! Definitely an incentive to carry on isn't it! xxx

Back