Step 1 Sole Source Diary of a fat kid ;)

ludogx

Decided to start a diary of my cambridge journey not only to keep myself going but to hopefully get motivation from anyone else out there

Im laura, im 25, 5ft1 and currently weigh 12stone 2lbs started cambridge sole source on weds 3/4/13, done step 2 a few weeks ago and lost 5lbs but then was selected for jury duty and everything went to heck.
Tried to restart a few times - managed a shake in the morning but by lunchtime had caved and ended up in greggs.
Finally decided enough was enough and thought was time to take it seriously so started afresh yesterday. My first weigh in is on sunday so will be a wee false week 1 as will have only been on sole source for 4days at that point.

Really quite struggled yesterday in work was feeling hungry and tummy was growling like thunder. Managed to keep away from the fridge and still felt well enough to go to the gym.

I know on this stage of the diet it is advised that exercise is a no no as it can make you feel unwell, but im use to a high level of physical exercise, ie spin class, metafit weight training and i also have a personal trainer who i see once a week, so my camb consultant said i should contuine as normal but to be extra careful to listem to my body while exercising for any dizziness or light headedness etc

you might think why is someone so active so over weight?
The simple reason is i am a self confessed binge eater. I will feel down, and i will eat and eat until i feel sick, then al cram in another wee mouthful. Its disgusting. And after every binge i feel worse than i did before i started and il want to eat more. Its a vicious circle that needs broken

I chose cambridge as a few years ago i lost 5 and a half stone on scottish slimmers but just cannot wrap my head around it again so thought something as strict and regimented as cambridge would help me. Esp as it eliminates food and doesnt have the option to stuff my face.

I know its not going to be easy. I am dreading tomorrow as for a 2nd job at weekends i work in a wetherspoons pub and i know it will be difficult being around all that food, esp come my break time where i get free food or by end if the night when we normally visit the 24 hour mcdonalds down the street. :( need to stay focused

Hope everyone else is doing good and finding strength to keep going and would love to hear from anyone

X

so its day 3 of sole source
was feeling so positive about CD this time round... until about an hour ago
dont know if its because im tired, or because my legs hurt from the gym, or that im still feeling hungry (when does this ketosis kick in) or because i know that tonight im working in the pub and know food will be EVERYWHERE around me???

have had a shake earlier and trying to hold off till 4 until i have my second one meaning i can take one to the pub and sit on my break staring sadly at my choc n orange shake

does anyone else have wee down moments?? it must surely get easier as the weeks go on? i know im just feeling sorry for myself as am feeling tired and hungry and know tomorrow il probably feel better and feel happy that i managed not to be tempted by the pub grub.

anyway moan over!!!

i get weighed on sunday so im not going to cheat myself out of it, esp considering im only on day 3 haha dont expect much on sunday but would be nice to be out of the 12s

hope everyone has a good weekend <3

Remember if you think u may struggle just take a 4th shake with you.. Better having that than pub grub xx

So day 4, struggled in the pub last night and ended up having a few wee bits of chicken breast.... Whoooops

But am not going to kill myself over it as i know a few wee bits of chicken isnt going to destroy the last few days effort :)

Got up early and had a personal training session this morning, have told my PT about my diet etc and we just done session as normal... No way would she let me off easy, lot of weight training and good old prisoner squatting

Didnt have any ill side effects like light headness or diziness just the same old muscle screaming pain she usually subjects me too :)

Really glad the diet so far isnt affecting my exercise as i think i would really consider moving up a few steps if it was.

Weigh in tomorrow morning so looking forward to that and hoping will give me the boost to keep it up. Thankfully not back in the pub working until next saturday so will be well into ketosis by then

Hope everyone is enjoying this nice weather... Its making a beer garden very tempting

----------

Thanks for the advice about the 4th shake, i never thought about doing that actually :)
How are you getting on with CD?

The exercise will counteract the chicken surely? Like you say your prob is the binge eating if you didn't do that then with all the exercise you would be slimmer anyways..so you won't be doing that on CD and hopefully after a few weeks will be out of the habit of doing so x

Day 2 for me and hiding upstairs away from the fridge and the bacon haha x

hey everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend,
i went n got weighed yesterday, lost 4LBS WHOOOOHOOO that was only 4 days on sole source so i was over the moon,
really gave me the wee boost i think i needed to carry on so thats me down into the 11s hahaha have to keeep at it now next thing is to see 11.7

yesterday night was difficult as everyone in the house got a big indian and the house smelled delicious :( ended up i just left and went out a drive in ma car otherwise i would have got set in about the korma hahaha
does anyone else struggle when food like this is around? is there any easier way?? i doubt it haha

Even went out on sat night for a night out and took the car... granted it wasnt the best of nights but it just goes to show it can be done!!!
hoping for good things this week!!! x

Well done on loss :)

I find it hard cooking for my kids but I've bn trying to make them things they like and I don't haha x

If I got into the 13s this weigh in I think ill cry with happiness ha x

Well done Laura, keep with it!! You are off to a fab start, I look forward to seeing your next weigh in :) Sarah x

hey everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend,
i went n got weighed yesterday, lost 4LBS WHOOOOHOOO that was only 4 days on sole source so i was over the moon,
really gave me the wee boost i think i needed to carry on so thats me down into the 11s hahaha have to keeep at it now next thing is to see 11.7

yesterday night was difficult as everyone in the house got a big indian and the house smelled delicious :( ended up i just left and went out a drive in ma car otherwise i would have got set in about the korma hahaha
does anyone else struggle when food like this is around? is there any easier way?? i doubt it haha

Even went out on sat night for a night out and took the car... granted it wasnt the best of nights but it just goes to show it can be done!!!
hoping for good things this week!!! x

hi
well done you that is fab - my weigh in is tomorrow on Day 6 x

thanks guys, was happy, going to keep being good this week and keep off the scales so come sunday i should be pleasently suprised

i have a christening to go to on sunday and its a sit down pre-booked meal thats already all been organised...... not really sure how to approach this? any ideas folks???

how did ur weigh in go bex???

icognito - youl see those 13s soon enough :)

xx

Just take sumone with you who will eat both meals ha x

hahaha that response made me laugh!!! reminds me of a christmas night out we went to a few years ago where the menu had been pre ordered and a few people had pulled out so me and a few others just ordered there meals so that we could try everything on the menu!!! hahaha

7lbs in 5 days is fantastic well done!!!
im run down with the cold, really couldnt stomache any shakes at all so i had to have something to eat last night :( still not feeling great today, cant stop sniffing and coughing, this is not the best diet to be on when your sick lol
im stocking up on cough syrup and cough tablets so hopefully will be back on track tomorrow

was looking at old pictures last night of when i was down at 9stone and was thinking, i NEED to be back at that, lol think i want to get out my "skinny dresses" and hang them all over my room as motivation!!
im fine in work and can get intot he routine of 2 shakes easy enough but its when i go home its like theres a beacon drawing me towards the fridge and thats when it gets hard!!

my mum is going to start it with me on sunday which i think will make it easier coz means she will be in house as well doing it and then i wont be as tempted to eat if you know what i mean?

Having your mum do the diet with you will be great support and motivation. I hope you feel better soon.
Being poorly and on this diet is too hard!!!
I have been to the gym today but feel a little hungry tonight - on day 6 and am leaving my bar until another hour or so. Otherwise your right about hanging clothes around the bedroom.
We will get there - I know it xx

i put on a pound last week :( was just so ill end of last week had to come off it completly on thursday and it was TOTM. thankfully off the antibiotics today so am back on it today and ma wee mum starting it today so gunna give it another bash lol

how did u get on with ur weigh in?

I just cannot stay in ketosis for any length of time! Not cheated once and the scales will not shift!

Ready for cracking up ha x

Good luck to you and your mum x

did you not lose anythin?

--------------

im back to square one, again, ok so i put a pound on... not the end of the world.
tryin to get my game face on today so iv had the calender out and been counting the weeks
7 weeks to my birthday
12 weeks to T in the park festival
18 weeks to turkey

already have a dress for birthday which is just a little bit too tight, then for TITP i need to drop at least a dress size as the thought of gettin the legs out jumping about all weekend in wellies and shorts gives me the dry boke. as does the thought of strolling about in a bikini
want to be able to strut about the pool without sucking my belly in tot he point where i cant breathe - which am sure we have all done
dont wanna be the "fat bird" by the pool

game face on..... (again)

I lost 6lb.. But since my WI Thurs.. My scales say I've lost only 1lb and I cannot get in ketosis!

Actually raging ha x

No1 would come with me to TITP this year :( GUTTED!

do you weigh yourself everyday? 6lbs is still really good and if youv lost another pound thats still half a stone in 2 weeks
if youv been good and havent cheated you will be in ketosis but maybe somethin else is up? TOTM? stressed? are you drinking enough water?
am hoping for at least 5lbs off by next sunday

aw i love TITP, i cant wait for it this year, going the thurs-sunday this year, hopin the weather is a LOT better than last year thou haha we only went for the sunday last year and the place was a swamp!!!!

Back