Diary of a Foodie - Libby's Culinary Adventures!

Well just had weigh in…another 1/2 lb off!!! Annoying as I was hoping for a 1lb loss this week but it's still a loss so I can't complain :) I think the weight is more likely to stay off if I lose it over a longer period of time. So, today's food!

B
SW rice pudding
Banana
Splenda

S
Leftover SW pizza from the weekend, inc 1/2 HEXA of reduced fat cheddar)

L
2 x salmon fishcakes
1/4 packet Ainsley couscous
Lettuce
1 hi fi light bar (HEXB)

D
Satay chicken noodles (seriously can't get enough of these!! Peanut butter 2 tbsp - 8 syns, soy sauce, water, heated til thick :) noodles)
Pak choy (tsp sesame oil 1)
Spring onions
1 vodka diet coke (had a v stressful day and just felt like one!) 2.5
1/2 Kinder Bueno - 6

We've got a big Asda shop coming tomorrow night (was supposed to come tonight but they couldn't find us and drove off grrrr) so looking forward to having lots of fresh yummy stuff in the fridge :D Need to be careful to stay within my syns for the next couple of days, no more 8 syn noodles haha! We've got a gig Thursday night and a 7 course Valentines dinner Friday….so I'll have to be a good girl for the rest of the weekend!

Hi honey, no of course not :) I'm not sure if you'd call them good but I don't have a huge amount to lose in the first place. I lost 2lbs the first two weeks, and the past 3 I've lost 1/2 each week. Slow and steady haha! I'm happy with that though as I feel it's more realistic, I really don't feel like I'm on a diet and it's just becoming second nature now. I hardly do any exercise too so if I upped that, I'm sure I'd lose more. Maybe when it's a bit warmer I will!

I really don't think you can eat too much hun, it won't work if you're hungry :) Obviously you need to realise when you're full (which can be hard with all the yummy food!!) but I feel relaxed as theres no portion sizes - if I knew I could only have so much, I'd want more if you see what I mean? Hope this helps! xxx

Thank you for replying, ive lost 8 stone with weight watchers but do know if it is something I can do for the rest of my life, I still feel like im able to eat too much junk and thought doing sw would be more of a life plan x im going to start meetings on friday :) x

Well just had weigh in…another 1/2 lb off!!! Annoying as I was hoping for a 1lb loss this week but it's still a loss so I can't complain :) I think the weight is more likely to stay off if I lose it over a longer period of time. So, today's food!

B
SW rice pudding
Banana
Splenda

S
Leftover SW pizza from the weekend, inc 1/2 HEXA of reduced fat cheddar)

L
2 x salmon fishcakes
1/4 packet Ainsley couscous
Lettuce
1 hi fi light bar (HEXB)

D
Satay chicken noodles (seriously can't get enough of these!! Peanut butter 2 tbsp - 8 syns, soy sauce, water, heated til thick :) noodles)
Pak choy (tsp sesame oil 1)
Spring onions
1 vodka diet coke (had a v stressful day and just felt like one!) 2.5
1/2 Kinder Bueno - 6

We've got a big Asda shop coming tomorrow night (was supposed to come tonight but they couldn't find us and drove off grrrr) so looking forward to having lots of fresh yummy stuff in the fridge :D Need to be careful to stay within my syns for the next couple of days, no more 8 syn noodles haha! We've got a gig Thursday night and a 7 course Valentines dinner Friday….so I'll have to be a good girl for the rest of the weekend!

That's fanastic! All in the right direction!

I'm so annoyed right now!! Our Asda shop hasn't come AGAIN!! Apparently our bank declined payment, but they were prepared to take it yesterday when they were driving around outside with our food not being able to find the flat!! Grrrrrr. So my plans for a lovely veggie filled dinner have been scuppered again. I couldn't face going out to the shops so I'm making do with what we've got, the very dregs of our cupboards and fridge!

B
2 x wholemeal toast 400g HEXB
Marmite

S
1/4 of peanut noodles leftover from last night - 2 syns (from the PB)

L
Baked potato
Tuna
Sweetcorn
Red onion
EL Mayo 1/2

S
Raspberries F
Quark with Splenda mixed in (actually a nice snack!)

D
I think it's going to be pasta bake…
Conchigle pasta shells
Chicken
Chorizo - 3 syns per 28g and I think I'll have double that so 6
Cheese - 40g Reduced fat cheddar HEXA
Tomato passata
Quark
Garlic

9 1/2 syns

I may have the other half of the Kinder Bueno later, taking me up to 15 1/2 syns :)

I'm so annoyed right now!! Our Asda shop hasn't come AGAIN!! Apparently our bank declined payment, but they were prepared to take it yesterday when they were driving around outside with our food not being able to find the flat!! Grrrrrr. So my plans for a lovely veggie filled dinner have been scuppered again. I couldn't face going out to the shops so I'm making do with what we've got, the very dregs of our cupboards and fridge!

B
2 x wholemeal toast 400g HEXB
Marmite

S
1/4 of peanut noodles leftover from last night - 2 syns (from the PB)

L
Baked potato
Tuna
Sweetcorn
Red onion
EL Mayo 1/2

S
Raspberries F
Quark with Splenda mixed in (actually a nice snack!)

D
I think it's going to be pasta bake...
Conchigle pasta shells
Chicken
Chorizo - 3 syns per 28g and I think I'll have double that so 6
Cheese - 40g Reduced fat cheddar HEXA
Tomato passata
Quark
Garlic

9 1/2 syns

I may have the other half of the Kinder Bueno later, taking me up to 15 1/2 syns :)

Exactly the same happened to me, I rang the bank and they said it was a load of rubbish, that the payment had been excepted, it took me a week to get my money back into my account and asda cancelled the order because they had run out of time to deliver it......ive havent shopped online for a month because of this :/

Oh that's terrible!!! I know what it's like trying to find something to eat when the cupboards are bare. Mine are very bare at the moment! Must do some shopping myself!

Exactly the same happened to me, I rang the bank and they said it was a load of rubbish, that the payment had been excepted, it took me a week to get my money back into my account and asda cancelled the order because they had run out of time to deliver it......ive havent shopped online for a month because of this :/

Seriously! That's pretty much what we had! I placed the order on Monday and we got it yesterday (Sunday) due to a series of random, completely unrelated but unfortunately all happening to us, events!!! I'm going to email Asda a complaint as we've spent a fortune phoning them and their Customer Service is just shocking. Grrrrr!! I'll let you know if I get a response!!

Oh that's terrible!!! I know what it's like trying to find something to eat when the cupboards are bare. Mine are very bare at the moment! Must do some shopping myself!

Our shopping didn't actually come until yesterday! So I've had a whole week of nipping to expensive corner shops to get a few little bits but mainly making do with what we had :( I haven't done too badly but I'm sooooo pleased to have some fresh food in now! Fruit and veg, finally!!

So this weekend has been pretty off plan :confused: It involved an 8 course tasting menu at a restaurant for Valentines Day on Friday (which was amazing and I really, really enjoyed) a box of Ferrero Rocher from the fiance (my absolute favourites!!) some kettle chips on Saturday and then a Chinese takeaway...which to be honest I actually didn't enjoy and I know it isn't an excuse, but our Asda shop STILL hadn't come and I just wanted something quick and easy. I ate a small plate of leftovers last night but I was angry with myself...I wanted to get my money's worth though as it was expensive haha! The rest of the food yesterday wasn't too bad though, I had a banana and a Muller Lite for breakfast and a duck and egg salad for lunch. It was just the takeaway that spoilt it!

So, a fresh start today :)

B
2 chocolate Weetabx HEXB + 2
Asda fat free vanilla yogurt
2 x small bananas

L
Spinach
red pepper
prawns
EL mayo 1/2
Tom puree
Boiled egg
WW yogurt

D
Fancy making a big classic SW recipe, maybe cottage pie or lasagna I will have a think and update tonight! :)

Update
I made cottage pie!! Very low syn but not syn free as we had a packet mix which I wanted to use up. I STUFFED it with super free haha!!

Mushrooms
Onions
Courgette
Broccoli
Sweetcorn
Quorn mince
Stock cube
Cottage pie mix - 5 for whole packet
HEXA of low fat cheddar - 40g per portion
Tesco meat free meatballs - crazy low in syns! 3.5 for whole bag, 22 per bag and I used 5! Not even 1 syn :D but I'll call it 1.

So per portion, HEXA and 2 syns :)

I had ketchup with it - 1 syn

Total for day - 5 1/2. Going to have 2 Ferrero Rochers, taking me up to 13 1/2 for the day.

Hope everyone's had a good day! Cxxxx

Last edited:
Ohh, food sounds good. :D At least you have your shopping in now!

Yay, thank the lord!! It took sooooo long, it's been such a nightmare!! Fully stocked now. Although I did forget to get cottage cheese, quark and passata. 3 essential ingredients!! Oops. Hope you're doing well, I just replied to your beating yourself up post! Bless you!! xxx

Yay, thank the lord!! It took sooooo long, it's been such a nightmare!! Fully stocked now. Although I did forget to get cottage cheese, quark and passata. 3 essential ingredients!! Oops. Hope you're doing well, I just replied to your beating yourself up post! Bless you!! xxx

Thank you. :) Oooops indeed! I'm feeling better about it now. This is a long road and I now know why I had such an uncontrollable binge - because mother nature turned up soon afterwards! TMI - sorry. Lol.

So, today! 18/2/14

B
2 Choc wweetabix HEXB + 2
almond breeze soy milk - literally a splash, 1 syn? You can have a whopping 800ml for your HEXA!
banana

L
Spinach
red pepper
boiled egg
cucumber
tuna
sweetcorn
pasta
EL Mayo - 1/2

2x caramel galaxy eggs - 6

D
SW chips
chicken breast
chorizo - 3
Passata
40g reduced fat cheddar - HEXA

loads of water all day, 1 black coffee, 1 chocolate spice tea

12 1/2 - just enough left for an options hot chocolate :)

So will be 14 1/2 for the day :)

Subscribing :) xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

Thought I'd post some photos of past food!

This was the chicken satay noodles with garlic bok choy -8 syns for the peanut butter and soooooo worth it!!!

photo_zps6b91b661.jpg

And this was the salmon fish cakes, with poached eggs, mustard mayonnaise and spinach :) Again very yummy and the fishcakes lasted me another 3 lunches after this dinner! Bargain!!

photocopy_zps92ea0ee0.jpg

Thank you. :) Oooops indeed! I'm feeling better about it now. This is a long road and I now know why I had such an uncontrollable binge - because mother nature turned up soon afterwards! TMI - sorry. Lol.

Lol don't be silly, I love a bit of TMI! :D I've got WI tonight and I've honestly been clawing back the last 3 days to try and make amends for the takeaway at the weekend! It really wasn't worth it :( Hopefully I'll have a bit more control next time!!

Some more bonus food pics! This was a classic SW breakfast, a Sunday special! I only have these at the weekend due to time contraints really. This was 2 x 400g wholemeal bread, beans, fried egg, quorn sausage and fillet and a mixture of sautéed potatoes, spinach and onions, all cooked together with lots of garlic and paprika J So lovely and something a bit different!

IMG_8011_zpsacb79bab.jpg

This was a Saturday night special, I fancied something trashy!! BBQ baked tofu, smoked paprika sweetcorn and bacon and cheddar stuffed potato skins :D Absolutely amazing and syn free as everything was homemade! Including the BBQ sauce lol. Obviously the cheese was HEXA.

IMG_7983_zps519744c4.jpg

IMG_7985_zps3778b436.jpg

Back