Diary of a Foodie - Libby's Culinary Adventures!

Omg BBQ bake meal looks delish!! Recipe?? Xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

19/2/14

Today was WI! I went to a different group closer to our flat, as my work buddy has stopped going and there's no point continuing to go to that one as it's quite far away! I was expecting a gain tonight…but I was pleasantly surprised :)

B
Banana
WW Raspberry cheesecake yogurt

L
Spinach
Red pepper
cucumber
Tuna sweetcorn pasta 1/2 syn for TBSP EL mayo

D
Homemade burgers, yum!!
EL beef mince
Red onion
2 x snack size wholemeal rolls - HEXB
SW chips
Ketchup 1/2

2 x vodka diet coke - 8 syns

2 x Ferrero Rocher - 8

- 17 syns

I lost 1/2 lb at weigh in! YAY :D I thought I STS and I asked the ladies and they were like no no you lost 1/2 and they looked a bit shocked when I was so happy haha :D I'm losing weight verrrryyy slowly but it is coming off :) 6lbs altogether now!

20/2/14

B
2 x chocolate weetabix HEXB + 2
splash of soy milk 1
Banana

L
Leftover cottage pie - HEXA of cheese

D
Homemade chilli cheese fries!!
Chilli made with Quorn mince, passata, onions, smoked paprika, chilli
SW Chips
Cheese - 6
Sour Cream - 3

Options hot chocolate - 2

14 syns

21/2/14

This was always going to be a tricky day - it was my fiance's Dad's wedding and I was planning to flexi syn for the day :)

B
2 x Chocolate weetabix
banana
Splash of soy milk - 1

L
Co-op extra special pizza…syns ??

D
Watercress soup, roasted lamb with potatoes, veg, gravy, cinnamon ice cream. LOTS of wine!!!!

22/2/14

The day after the night before hahah…lots of sore heads about! We stayed overnight in a beautiful hotel which had breakfast included. I chose eggs bendict but could only eat 1/2 as was so hungover!! I also had 1/2 a pecan pastry and a slice of toast with butter and marmite.

I could quite easily have gone off-plan for the rest of the day then but I was determined to get straight back onto plan.

L
Leftover sweet potato fritters (grated sweet potato, bit of cheese and an egg to bind) 2 syns
Tinned spaghetti 1/2 tin and 1 Quorn LF sausage

D
SW Pizza made with gluten free wrap (HEXB) 1/2 HEXA of reduced fat cheddar, tomato passata, chicken breast chunks
Loaded potato skins with other 1/2 HEXA of cheese, bacon with the fat removed
Sour cream - 3 syns

Options hazelnut hot choc - 2

So syns for the 2nd half of the day haha…7 :)

23/2/14

B
Smoked salmon
Scrambled eggs
Spinach

Think I'll have leftover pizza and potato skins for lunch and then I'm going to make a massive lasagna for dinner, with SW chips :) Feeling good today, proud of myself for getting back on plan!

L
Leftover SW pizza 1/2 - HEXB (well, half of it!) and 1.5 syns of cheese
Leftover potato skins - 1.5 syns of cheese

D
Homemade SW lasagna!
Courgette
Onion
Mushrooms
Tomato passata
EL mince
Soy mince
Packet of Tomato casserole mix - 5 syns for whole pack so less than 1 syn per serving :)
Quark
Cottage cheese
lasagna sheets
HEXA of cheese per serving (6 servings)
EL mayo 1/2
SW chips

6 SW 'ferrero rocher' - 6

10 1/2 syns today :)

Made tuna sweetcorn fishcakes for lunch at work tomorrow so it's all good!

Last edited:
Omg BBQ bake meal looks delish!! Recipe?? Xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

Hehe thank you :D Will type up the recipe when I get a min although it isn't really a recipe, just randomly chucking stuff into a bowl lol! :D

24/2/14

B

2 x choc Weetabix HEXB + 2
Soy milk splash – 2
Banana

L
Tuna fishcakes (tuna, sweetcorn, mashed potato)
Red pepper
Cucumber
½ pizza (chicken, SW BBQ sauce, ½ gluten free wrap 2.5 syns, cheese 1)
Alpen light bar - 3

D
SW lasagna – 1 + HEXA cheese
Chips

11.5 syns :( only an options for tonight, so 13.5 syns today.

25/2/14

B
2 x weetabix HEXB
Soy milk 2
Banana

L
Tuna fishcakes
SW Chips
WW yogurt
HiFi bar 3

D
Carbonara –
Tagliatelle
Chicken
Bacon
Quark

Options hot choc - 2

7 syns! probably my lowest ever syns used haha! I bought reduced scallops in Sainsburys this eve so looking forward to having them after WI tomorrow, with garlic butter and maybe some bread :eek: treat night! Assuming I lose at WI haha…we shall see. Fingers crossed!

Tuesday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] March

B
Banana
Muller Light

L
4 Scan Bran - 4
Smoked salmon pate (smoked salmon, lemon juice, natural yogurt)
Lettuce
Toffee muller light TBSP Nutella – 4
Babylight light - 2

D
2 x snack size wholemeal rolls – HEXB
2 x Quorn burgers
Bacon
HEXA cheese
Fried onions (frylight)
SW Chips
Options hazelnut hot choc – 2

12 syns

Wednesday 6[SUP]th[/SUP] March…weigh in day. Uh oh!!

B
Mullerlight
Banana

L
2 quorn fillets
Bacon
2 hard boiled eggs
Lettuce
Alpen light bar – 3

WI - STS :( 2nd week in a row but I know why, I've been slacking, so back on it now and hopefully won't have a gain!!

D
Fajitas!!!
Gluten free bFree wrap - HEXB
40g reduced fat cheddar - HEXA
Chicken breast
Mixed peppers
Onion
Fajita spice mix - 1/4 of pack is 1 syn
Sour cream and chive dip - 2 tbsp - 4
Guacamole - 1 tbsp - 4
SW chips

Options hazelnut hot choc -2
Mini choc shortbread - 5

19 syns - not too bad as I was craving a Chicago Town pizza but resisted!!

Thursday 6th March

B
Muller raspberry with dark choc sprinkles (can't find syns anywhere but assuming free as the vanilla and orange with choc are??)
Banana
30g giant couscous (soooo lovely and filling and free, so can save my HEXB for tonight!!)

S
2 pieces of ham

L
Pasta n sauce cheese and broccoli
2 x Quorn LF sausages
TBSP ketchup - 1
Banana

D
Gluten free bFree wrap - HEXB
40g reduced fat cheddar - HEXA
Chicken breast
Mixed peppers
Onion
Fajita spice mix - 1/4 of pack is 1 syn
Sour cream and chive dip - 2 tbsp - 4
Guacamole - 1 tbsp - 4
SW chips

Banana
30g Philadelphia choc - 4
Quark
(made an amazing 'sundae' with Quark with sweetener, banana and Phily chic! Tasted v decadent :D)

14 syns

Last edited:
7/3/14

B
Raspberry Mullerlight
Banana
Giant couscous 30g

L
'Mexican' rice - basically rice with spices on!
Leftover chicken, peppers and onions with approx half serving of the fajita spice 1/2
Guacamole - 2
Sour cream and chive dip - 1
Lemon cheesecake Muller Light - 1

4 1/2 syns

D
Going to have steak and SW chips I think :)

13/4/14

B
2 x chocolate Weetabix HEXB + 2
Splash of milk ½ HEXA
Banana

L
¼ tub of lowlow spread ½ HEXA
Pulled pork (made in the slow cooker, so good! Not very BBQy with the syn free sauce but it is nice J )
Baked potato

D
Going to be my favourite, peanut chicken noodles J Also have loads of baby corn so will have that too, yum!! We’re going to see a flat so will be eating a bit later but should be okay.

I lost 1lb last night! Yay!!! I got my ½ stone award too but tragically forgot my book so didn’t get my sticker! Will take it in next week though J Was so pleased to finally be losing again. So 7lbs altogether J Doesn’t sound like a lot but I am feeling so much better and I don’t have huge huge amounts to lose, so I’m really proud of myself. Love this ‘diet’!! I’ve been really stressed this week as we’re trying to sort out either buying our flat or trying to find somewhere else to rent – stresssssss!! I weighed myself this morning though (naughty, I know) and I was another lb down after yesterday! So hopefully will be good over the weekend J Last night wasn’t great as I had a couple of tiny cakes and then just fancied toast for dinner….but at least I didn’t pig out on something really bad.

Hi there. I was just8st wondering how you make your peanut noodles they sound lush!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's great! I lose slowly too, and any loss is fantastic!

Ohhh. Have fun getting a flat! I know how stressful that can be!

Back on the wagon now after 2 week off! Only put on 1.5lb which I was pleased with, I ate anything and everything I wanted for the last 3 weeks and also went away for the weekend to the Lake District, had my fiances birthday with lots of meals out, and moved house!! So quite pleased given everything :) Went to a new class last night with a fab consultant so feeling inspired and enthusiastic :)

24/4

B - Weetabix mini choc 30g HEXB, WW vanilla yog, banana

S - slices of lean ham, mini Babybel light - 2

L - Leftover pasta bake (pasta, onions, passata, Quorn sausages) HEXA of cheese

S - Options hot choc - 2

D - Quorn peppered steak, grilled asparagus and courgette, mini roasted potatoes (is the plan!)

25/4

TBC...

Friday

B
HEXB toast, 1 tbsp peanut butter (4) banana

L
Pasta n sauce with ½ Quorn peppered steak

D
Quite a lot of Prosecco…very rough day >_<
Hunters chicken (chicken breast wrapped in bacon, with HEXA of cheese and syn-free BBQ sauce)
SW chips with remaining HEXA of cheese
2 Hotel Chocolate truffles…not sure of the syns eeek!

Saturday

B
2 x bacon, 2 x Quorn sausages, scrambled eggs, ½ tin spaghetti, tbsp. ketchup (1)

L
HEXA Mini Choc Weetabix and ½ HEXA milk

D
Pizza…crisps…dip…and SW chips! So not all bad! Def went over syns though. We had friends over and I couldn’t really not join in.

Syns…can’t really count them!!!

Sunday

B
Bacon sandwich, fat cut off (white bread though :( but could have been worse as was a tad hungover!! )

L
Giant Moroccan couscous, 2 x Quorn chicken fillets, loads of roasted veggies. Perfect SW meal! Unfortunately I then had a few mini caramel shortbreads…2 syns each eeep!

D
Dinner was AMAZING!! Half pack of Gnocci, sliced chorizo and leeks, with a creamy garlic Quark sauce. Going to have the same tonight! Seriously life-changing haha! 1.5 syns for 100g, I had ½ pack of 500g so…3.5 syns? Chorizo is 5 syns per 60g. Rest was free!

Syns – 8.5 for dinner, 10 for mini caramel shortbreads so def went over.

Monday

B
HEXB of mini choc Weetabix, WW yoghurt, sliced banana

L
Peanut chicken noodles (made enough for 2 batches; syns are 2 x tbsp of peanut butter - 8, 1 tbsp sesame noodles is 6. So 7 syns per portion, could probably get this down if I cut the sesame oil out but it gives such good flavor!)
Cucumber ribbons

D
Gnocci – as last night, 8 syns.

So I’ll be on 15 syns already, with no ‘treats’ today! Not like me as I usually try to fill up on free foods, but I just love experimenting with new flavours! I’m thinking maybe I need to go back to plainer SW foods where I know exactly what’s in everything. Hhhmmmmm!

Well I weighed myself this morning and think I might have lost a bit, so quite looking forward to WI in tonight now :)

Tuesday -

B
HEXB of Weetabix minis, WW yog, banana

S
ham slices

L
Peanut noodles with cucumber - 7
Options hot choc (1.5)

D
Gammon, eggs, chips and beans :D Really enjoyed this!! All free as well!

I then had a Cadburys egg n spoon chocolate thing...10 syns!!

So 18 syns for the day, silly egg :(

Wednesday

B

Forgot my bread so no toast! Instead I have a banana topped with 1 tbsp PB - 4 syns, a WW yogurt and a peanut heaven bar - hexb

L
Baked potato with tuna, EL mayo (1) and sweetcorn with 1/2 HEXA of cheese

S
Ham slices and an Alpen Light if I need it - 3 syns

D
Will be after WI so not til late, will probably just have toast and syn it as might not be too hungry. Fingers crossed I see a loss tonight!

I lost 2 lbs!!! Absolutely over the moon :D

Back