Diary of a hidden thin girl

Your food is looking good :)

Aww thank you Animagus, seems like theres a lot but all good stuff.

how you getting on?

denise you are doing so well! And your food choices look yummy!

well done on keeping on track even though there have been some hard situations. It shows just how determined you are to succeed.

take care

denise you are doing so well! And your food choices look yummy!

well done on keeping on track even though there have been some hard situations. It shows just how determined you are to succeed.

take care

thanks believer, to be honest its not been that hard, thats not to say it won't get hard down the line but your right at the moment i'm determined I want my goal for August/Sept. I accept that i'll never be miss skinny pants but miss comfy in my own pants would be nice....lol

Sorry to be slow getting back to you, I only tend to be online during the working day. I'm alright thanks, staying 100% on plan despite a few problems at home. If you want the whole sorry tale you can check my diary :rolleyes:
Aww had a read of your diary, sorry about all the problems, my son is 20 now and just got a job after 2 years of playing on his computer games...when at school i used to get calls to ask where he was, he'd be at home i bed and as a single parent leaving for work at 7 am i couldn't physically police him. He was better at college cos he was doing music which is his passion but then left after 2 yr and no job....its stressful, your daughter although not behaving like an adult in a parents eyes is exerting her free will, whether we agree or don't until she realise her self the consequences she'll not change. If your like me unhappy situation at home equals let me eat to make me feel better...it doesn't change the situation but thats what we have to realise. Your daughter is testing you how far can she push you and her dad it's about her and not about you as parents. Xx keep on with the food optimising and keep your chin up she'll not always be a teen xx

Thursday 22.5.14 day 13

another good day could have been disastrous this morn as I forgot to make my magic porridge last night at Andys...luckily I had a weighed out potion of branflakes in the cupboard so I was saved lol. Not a very eventful day today compared to yesterday so just going to log my food so far.

Super free food
banana
lettuce
cucumber
tomatoes
Strawberries

free food
boiled egg
ham
Fat free natural yogurt

SW chips
baked beans
2 fried eggs in frylight

HEA semi milk
HEB 35g branflakes

syns
low cal caesar dressing 1

not decided on dinner yet....

ok, dinner was SW chips, baked beans and 2 frylight eggs

also started my 30 day abs challenge that my colleague has challenged me to do...day 1 done
15 sit ups
5 crunches
5 leg raisers
10 second plank

Last edited:
Friday 23.5.14 day 14

Second weigh in this morning and so pleased I have lost another 4lb which means firstly I've hit my second target, to lose half a stone and secondly i'm only 3lb from 14st 7lb...the NO JUNK FOOD is really paying off, I can honestly say I have not been tempted at all, two weeks for me is really unheard of I can usually manage a couple of days but this time it feels different like when I quit smoking I just did it and convinced myself that it was disgusting habit, and imagined all the individual raw ingredients and how they would look, I'm trying the same psychology on junk food, its disgusting its full of rubbish that could not be sold in it's raw format so they disguise it with smell and taste....it's working for me hopefully In the future I will be able to say not only am I an ex smoker i'm an ex junk food addict.

Ok so my next mini goal is to drop to 14.7lb which hopefully I can do for next Friday if that happens I could well be on the way to losing a stone in my first month on SW...

Just going to update my food for today

super free food
salad
tomato
beetroot
carrots
mushrooms
onion
garlic

free food
muller light yogurt
chicken
boiled new potatoes

HEA - skimmed milk for coffee
HEB - 35g porridge oats for magic porridge

Syns
Sushi 2.5

day 2 of abs challenge completed
20 sit ups
8 crunches
8 leg raisers
12 second plank

Last edited:
Well done Denise! That's a brilliant loss

Friday 23.5.14 day 14

Second weigh in this morning and so pleased I have lost another 4lb which means firstly I've hit my second target, to lose half a stone and secondly i'm only 3lb from 14st 7lb...the NO JUNK FOOD is really paying off, I can honestly say I have not been tempted at all, two weeks for me is really unheard of I can usually manage a couple of days but this time it feels different like when I quit smoking I just did it and convinced myself that it was disgusting habit, and imagined all the individual raw ingredients and how they would look, I'm trying the same psychology on junk food, its disgusting its full of rubbish that could not be sold in it's raw format so they disguise it with smell and taste....it's working for me hopefully In the future I will be able to say not only am I an ex smoker i'm an ex junk food addict.

Ok so my next mini goal is to drop to 14.7lb which hopefully I can do for next Friday if that happens I could well be on the way to losing a stone in my first month on SW...

That's excellent Denise - and I think you are so right - eating the right food is definitely in the mind. I often do the same thing if someone offers me a cake or I'm tempted to have dessert when I'm eating out. I remind myself of all the sugar in it and tell myself that it won't taste as good as it looks (more often than not that's right, mass produced food does lack flavour) it helps me resist and save my syns for something I know will taste lovely.

I am ok thanks Denise, sts forme this week but my little boy has been ill so we have stayed in more equals me eating more. Sorry my diary is in the gold section you will need to post more it get to read it .

I am ok thanks Denise, sts forme this week but my little boy has been ill so we have stayed in more equals me eating more. Sorry my diary is in the gold section you will need to post more it get to read it .
Your weight loss is fab, my ultimate aim is to get to 10 stone but at the moment just going to concentrate on getting to 13 stone. It's a long journey isn't it...it's funny how for years you can try one diet after another and not succeed and then one day it's like wambam and something triggers that mindset.

Your weight loss is fab, my ultimate aim is to get to 10 stone but at the moment just going to concentrate on getting to 13 stone. It's a long journey isn't it...it's funny how for years you can try one diet after another and not succeed and then one day it's like wambam and something triggers that mindset.
Thank you. Yes it's really odd I have tried sw so many times before then this time I went this is it I am never rejoining a sw group again, this is me for life now. It is a long journey but don't forget to set mini goals and enjoy the journey

saturday 24.5.14 day 15

Ok today has been a bit of wet day, Andy and I are at my house this weekend cat sitting for my son who has gone to his dads for the weekend Andy has a dog so its been a military operation keeping them apart....not sure what would happen if they came face to face, but when we move in together in the not so distant future it'll have to happen.

Anyway we managed to get out this morning for a walk in the fields not sure on distance but we were out a good hour, when we got back we decided to go and have nosy at a house we are interested in, so off we went and walked it there which was another 40 min or so. All good towards body magic, even got my abs challenge in as well.

just mooching on the sofa now as its chucking it down outside.

food for today

super free food
strawberries
banana
salad

free food
poached egg
spaghetti hoops
muller yogurt
SW burger
SW chips

HEA - 1/2 skimmed milk & 1/2 babybel light
HEB - 2 400g WM bread

syns
small WM roll 6

Went to asda earlier and managed to pick up a couple of the muller light skinny cappuccino yogurts and 1 coconut looking forward to trying later x mmmmm......

sunday 25.5.14 day 16

Andy and I went for a walk to Sanky vally in st. helens this morning and got drenched. So the rest of the day was spent chilling in doors and then my mums for dinner. I had decided that I would just eat the dinner that mum had cooked rather than expect her to make mine separate etc, Since I don't tend to eat syns in the week I think I will be fine for a one off, and I declined lemon meringue not too difficult as I don't like lemony desserts after a bad experience of a lemon vienetta years ago.

any way food for today

breakfast -
bacon
egg
mushrooms
tomatoes
beans
wholemeal roll

lunch -
mug shot tomato pasta
Cappuccino muller light

dinner -
roast pork
sprouts
carrot n swede - 0.5syn
3 roast potatoes - not SW approx 7syns
mashed potato - not SW - 0.5syn
gravy - 1 syn
Yorkshire pudding - approx 2 syns

using this site I had approx 11 syns for my sunday dinner which thankfully is only now and again as mine is cooked SW way.

Last edited:
Monday 26.5.14 day 17

Andy and I have been really busy today doing some work on his house ready for selling. We have power washed the front and back yard and garden and its looking so much nicer. We have also painted the front wall...well impressed with the outcome i'm thinking it all counts to body magic, we haven't got out for a walk today but never mind.

I tried the coconut and lime muller light earlier...Delicious is all I can say...the cappuccino ones are amazing to...I can see these will become my guilty pleasure without the guilt. Just been and bought a few more in morrisons lol.

Better docu my food for today

breakfast -
2 400g wholemeal toast
tomatoes
beans
dry fry egg

lunch -
Mug shot noodle
banana
muller light coconut

dinner - not eaten yet
home made spicy beef and noodle soup delicious and couple of adaptions makes it syn free.
maybe another muller light cappuccino

syns

feel reall proud of myself for sticking to plan even though its a bank holiday, hopefully this week will be a good week for my weigh in.

Last edited:
Tuesday 27.5.14 day 18

Hi, well what can I say, work came around far too fast this morning, alarm at 6am after lie in's over the weekend is not great. I was starving hungry when I woke but I always eat my breakfast when I get to work, just a habit i've got into as I start work really early. Any way armed with my pack up I left for work then realised it's half term so got to work in record time.

ok food for today

super free food
lettuce
cucumber
tomato
radish
banana

free food
tuna
boiled egg
ham
beetroot