Diary of a hidden thin girl

So great reading peoples diaries and tips... Gives me such motivation. Thanks.

Yesterday I went out and bought an aerobics step, doesn't take up any space when not in use and I don't need a massive room to do it....win win situation. Had a go yesterday and it was ok so hopefully I can commit to that 4 times a week - Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri (not gona cart it to Andy's though- somethings he doesn't need to see lol)

hopefully this will kick start some movement in the weight losses again - not that I have gained anything it's just so ruddy slow now. Saw a few people from my last place of work yesterday it's been a year since I saw them last and they certainly noticed a massive difference - the amount that actually walked past me then when I said hello such and such they where like blo0dy hell....where have you disappeared to.....It felt dam good I can tell you....keeps me motivated to continue with what I am doing.

I haven't updated since Friday as I seem to run out of time and then can't be bothered typing anything but really I need to re start doing it to keep myself in check.

Starting today then

Breakfast - at home - hot porridge & coffee (B section & A section)

Lunch - at home - small pack of sushi from Asda & Andy's home made chicken soup (1.5 syns for Sushi)

Dinner - at home - chicken breast wrapped in bacon with corn on the cob, broccoli, SW chips (all free/super free foods)

Desserts - banana, grapes, persimmon, Muller light yogurts.

a little change on the food....

dinner was 2 WW sausages (1 syn)
SW chips
BBQ baked beans
egg

not had the fruit yet and the Muller was a greek 1/2 syn.

Last edited:
It has just dawned on me that you know what, I don't think about food like I used to, I was always 'what can I eat next' 'when's it tea time' etc. I've just glanced at the clock and it's 1 o'clock and lunch hadn't even crossed my mind. I had breakfast at 8am this morning, flew out to a meeting in Liverpool, nipped to Asda to pick up some bits n bobs, logged onto computer (officially e-mails, unofficially minimins ;) ) typed up my first entry, then as I say looked at clock.....anyway I am now warming up Andy's soup, smells lush.......

Wednesdy 19.11.14

just a food update

Breakfast - at home hot porridge with skimmed milk and coffee

Lunch - at home 3 WW sausages (1.5syn), BBQ beans, 2 dryfry eggs & coffee

Dinner tonight will be the chicken we didn't have yesterday with corn on the cob and salad oh and new potatoes.

snacks will prob be banana and yogurts at some point today x

Sounds yummy how's the step exercise going :)

Wow its great you've got a much better relationship with food. That's something I'm still struggling with. Some days I don't even notice I have eaten and others days I want to keep picking at food.

It's great you had complements from colleagues I'm sure it made your day!☺

Friday weigh in 21.11.14

This is getting to be a bit of a joke really, I have STS again... I suppose I know that at least I can maintain my weight when I get to target.

I have just been to ASDA to pick up Dan's food for the weekend and treated myself to a couple of new tops....They were giving away chocolate samples and I even declined them....god I'm so good :angel09::angel09:

Got home and cooked me and my mum some bacon and egg toasts which were delicious....

just doing my ironing and tidying then off to Andy's later.

Oh it's frustrating when you hit a plateau. Have you tried anything new?
I forget do you go to a group if so what did your c say?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh it's frustrating when you hit a plateau. Have you tried anything new?
I forget do you go to a group if so what did your c say?

No I don't go to group, I'm a lone slimmer...well not technically true as I have you guys. I think it's just that I don't have much to lose now. I'll get there eventually but I suppose it's not just a journey it's a life change.

Yes defiantly from experience of hitting a plateau I would suggest a number of things
Up your super free
Change your healthy extras
Be honest with yourself are you following the plan 100% no cheeky bites of things you are not counting
Concentrate on speed foods
Maybe try a couple of success express days
If you haven't got a lt left to lose maybe reduce your syns to 10 a day

Thursday 27.11.14

Gosh I haven't been on here for what seems like ages though it's not that long ago but days and weeks are just merging together.

I need to start updating my food again every day just to keep myself in check SO starting with today

Breakfast
35g oats soaked in cherry muller light yogurt
coffee with semi milk

Meeting
declined chocolate biscuit
coffee with dash of full fat milk (no other option)

Snack whilst travelling to next appointment
Banana

Lunch
trying to decide......

Dinner
Will be Roast Chicken
Jacket potato
1/3 Salad

ok update I decided on an omelet for lunch with nice chunky ham, tomatoes and 1oz of Edam cheese with curried baked beans and it was delicious.

Gosh it's a week ago since I last updated anything, that's really bad but in my defense I have been busy living, work has taken me all over the place up n down the M6, Andy and I took a day off work to go Christmas shopping in York which was wonderful, then at the weekend we nipped to Southport for a mooch around the charity shops, there are loads of them on Lord Street, then on Saturday we went for a long walk and Sunday I put my back out so was house ridden all day so we put our Christmas tree up. I expect everyone is getting ready for the festivities.... I have bought all my pressies, just awaiting delivery of one for Andy, I wrapped them all yesterday so they are sat under my tree at home. I haven't bought any Christmas food yet as I still don't trust myself enough to not binge on it any chocolates that I have bought for presents have been housed at my mums house...that's really bad isn't it....

Anyways the last week has been a little more relaxed regarding food - I have stuck to plan when we have been at home doing the usual stuff but I had a day off whilst we were in York as we had a sharing platter of fish, scampi, battered mini sausages, chips, mushy peas, tarter sauce and chip shop curry for our lunch. I bought some home made fudge from the Christmas markets and boy was it good and yes apart from sharing a little bit with Andy's mum I ate the rest.....

We have eaten out a couple of times to but generally I've been on plan 80% of the time, I didn't get to weigh in on Friday as I was at Andy's but I weighed in this morning unofficially to see what damage I have done if any and was quite surprised that I've lost a lb....I'm not recording it though as I will wait for Friday for my true weight but I am now 100% on plan until Christmas eve, day and boxing day. I know I won't hit my target of 11 stone for Christmas but I've realised it's not what it's about, it's about the changes I have made for long term so the fact that I will probably be 11lb off doesn't matter I know it will come off eventually...

Any way guys, I hope you are all where you want to be for Christmas or are happy with what you have achieved so far in 2014.

Food today - 9.12.14

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette with 2 light cheese triangles melted

skimmed milk for coffee's

Lunch - banana, Muller Light yogurt, apple

Snack - chilli mug shot, few nuts,

Dinner - 2 WW sausages (1syn), SW chips, Baked beans (maybe an egg)

Last edited:
Friday 12.12.14

Weighed in this morning and lost 1LB which I'm happy about having stayed the same most of November. I'm now 11lb off my target which I will set a date of 13 February as that's my birthday weekend. It gives me chance to relax for Christmas, my son and I have decided to have Christmas day and boxing day off plan but not be stupid about it. Dan has lost 2 stone 8lbs he wants another 2 stone off for May when he's planning to go to America to visit one of his band members.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

well christmas is done and out of the way for another year so today I am back on plan having had 2 days completely off plan, I have enjoyed eating my christmas dinner without thinking about syns, I've had chocs, nibbles, wine and other stuff without worrying but that is now it....reign it in again.

I hope you have all had a fabulous christmas (thoses that celebrate) and are looking forward to the new year....for us slimmers New year is always new starts for diets, but I'm so glad I started in May.

reading back at the beginning of my diary I said one of my reasons for starting my journey was tears at not wearing the dress I wanted to on christmas 2013, this year I wore a lovely red dress in size 16 and it was actually a little big but I got away with it, with lots of compliments. So christmas 2014 I was exactly where I wanted to be....I still had tears on christmas morning but they were happy tears due to one of my gifts from Andy...My amazing man.

I now need to make sure I get back to basics with my food and eating slimming world way so friends Lets get this party started :)

27.12.14 FOOD

porridge with raspberries

jacket potato (0.5)
baked beans

mug shot chicken

steak
sw chips
peas
salad
1 tsp reduced cal mayo

lidl fat free yogurt with sprinkles
pepsi max