Diary of a LT newbie

loopdidoo

I am really not sure how to do this diary thing having never done one before. May I apologies in advance if this is completely wrong! :confused: I thought it might help me to say focused.

So I started TFR yesterday having never ever tried a VLCD before, it actually went better than I imagined. I managed to cook lunch and dinner for my DH and 4 kiddies and wasn't tempted, phew! Although I had to stop myself popping a grape (and several other things) in my mouth, and yes I mean food :flirt2:. I am a self confessed picker!!! I did wonder how I will cook without tasting anything in the process? My DH will have to be guinea pig.

Breakfast: Chocolate shake - yummy! Except I managed to spray half of it up the wall using my hand blender!! Note to self - BUY A SMOOTHIE MAKER!!
Lunch: Chicken slop I mean soup - surprisingly edible bit creamy though
Dinner: Strawberry shake - YUMMY defo favourite so far
Plus: 3 coffees, 1 earl grey :coffee: and about 5ltrs of water :7834:, it reminded me of being heavily pregnant when you need to loo every 15mins!

Also managed 20mins on Wiifit, 10mins on my twist stepper and several sit-ups.... before collapsing into bed at 10pm (very early for me!):4635:

I just started back on L.T today (done it a couple of yrs ago and lost all my weight but through my own fault put it back on again) and like you im going to keep a diary on this for myself just to keep me motivated so best of luck with it

Hi to all,

I've found a little trick with the chicken soup and I've tested it out for the last two weeks.... no affect on weight loss.... I now add a teaspoon full of chicken bovril to my soup and OMG it makes it taste so, so good! It actually has become a pleasure whereas before it was a trial to find something that would make it taste like something other than slop! I think the teaspoon of bovril has something like 12 calories and its not high in carbs particularly...

Good luck to both of you on here.... I'm on week 4 now and finding it .... not easy... but definitely OK... the weigh-ins and seeing how great they are are very motivational!

x

I just started back on L.T today (done it a couple of yrs ago and lost all my weight but through my own fault put it back on again) and like you im going to keep a diary on this for myself just to keep me motivated so best of luck with it

:thankyou: Loudei. I know so well the feeling of putting weight back on, soooo easy to do!! Well here we are (again) but this time will be different! There seems to be few of us who have started in the past couple of days so if like me your not doing it with anyone at home then at least we have each other for support on here.

Hi to all,

I've found a little trick with the chicken soup and I've tested it out for the last two weeks.... no affect on weight loss.... I now add a teaspoon full of chicken bovril to my soup and OMG it makes it taste so, so good! It actually has become a pleasure whereas before it was a trial to find something that would make it taste like something other than slop! I think the teaspoon of bovril has something like 12 calories and its not high in carbs particularly...

Good luck to both of you on here.... I'm on week 4 now and finding it .... not easy... but definitely OK... the weigh-ins and seeing how great they are are very motivational!

x

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply. Thats a great idea for the soup! I love chicken bovril, became a bovril convert after years of SW. I am feeling really excited about this week can't wait for my first weigh-in! Think if I can make it past the first week I'll be hooked. All the best for your weightloss too :cross:

Phew day 2 completed! Took the kids to a lake and had a nice walk in the fresh air. Had a bit of a headache which I think is because I usually drink soooo much tea but it isn't quite the same without milk. Made sure I took yet more water with me but I was still starving when I got home! DH made dinner for the kids and I stayed out of the way and drank my shake :(.

Anybody else trying to keep this a secret from their kids? I just don't want them knowing. I have always been very aware of healthy eating and although I am overweight we have always had healthy meals (its the bits between the meals that I struggle controlling :party0051: IYKWIM) I would hate any of them to have a weight problem. My father was always heavy and I watched my Mum yoyo for years growing up. She'd be eating ryvita and cottage cheese while we all tucked into the delicious meals she made. I am doing this because I don't want to go down that route (I know easier said than done), I've battled with my weight since my teens and especially since having the children and have had enough now.

Anyway sorry to waffle......

Breakfast - 1/2 vanilla shake made with cold water and 1/2 vanilla shake in a coffee with one sweetener and whizzed up, yummy latte!
Lunch - Chocolate and mint shake, that is nice!
Dinner - Strawberry shake, wolfed down as I was so hungry.

Did 20mins on Wiifit and 10mins on twist stepper then went to bed before I began to eat my own arm!!!!!! :zz:

Day 3 worst so far!! Stayed in yesterday did some housework. DH went out and bought me a smoothie maker so my shakes were far nicer yesterday as I whizzed them up with ice. Found the smell of food torture though :cry: ! Curled up on the sofa and watched the 1st episode of the new Doctor Who (I miss David Tennant :( ) with DH and managed it without any nibbles, a major achievement I think!!! My fibreclear also arrived in the post thank goodness :sick0019: .

Breakfast: Strawberry shake
Lunch: Chocolate shake
Dinner: Iced vanilla shake with coffee and 1 sweetener, 2nd fav I think. Serving my shakes in a nice tall glass with a straw as it makes them feel a bit more special, I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this!? Am I?

Did first section on Hannah Watermans fitness DVD, oh my goodness it is completely knackering, and went to bed at 9:45pm (it's getting earlier and earlier)!

hi i too have four children and i have been over weight since teens , but i have explained to my children why i have to do this, ( they are 13 ,9 ,7 ,nrly5) obviously the youngest doesn't batter an eyelid ,but i think where my kids are concerned telling them was the best way forward , after all there are no family meals no pub lunches etc my oldest has even said that if i feel this is the only way then so be it , and i am gonna be on this diet a long long time, to hide it forever wouyld be practically impossible i have been doing lipotrim for 7 weeks tomorrow and so far have lost 38 lb have weigh in tomorrow,, i wish you luck just keep the water intake up and the struggle will soon fade xx

hi i too have four children and i have been over weight since teens , but i have explained to my children why i have to do this, ( they are 13 ,9 ,7 ,nrly5) obviously the youngest doesn't batter an eyelid ,but i think where my kids are concerned telling them was the best way forward , after all there are no family meals no pub lunches etc my oldest has even said that if i feel this is the only way then so be it , and i am gonna be on this diet a long long time, to hide it forever wouyld be practically impossible i have been doing lipotrim for 7 weeks tomorrow and so far have lost 38 lb have weigh in tomorrow,, i wish you luck just keep the water intake up and the struggle will soon fade xx

Hi Operationslim31, WOW your loss is fantastic I really hope that is me in 7wks time!! I think it is lovely that you have the kids support, my little ones are 8, 6, 4 and 20mths. All the best for your continued success xxx

Day 4, boy was that hard!! Went out with the family to a local gardening centre which has lots of lovely outlets including a few cafes and shops selling homemade cakes, can't believe I managed to avoid eating anything!!! Just kept sipping my water and bought myself some yankee candles so I didn't feel left out completely. If I could avoid food all together I think it would be so much easier but with a family to feed the thought of food is constant 'what is there for breakfast?' 'when is lunch I'm hungry?' 'have you decided what's for dinner?' Ahhhhhhhhhhh:cry:
But that being said there is a certain amount of satisfaction knowing that I have now spent 4 full days doing TFR 100%! :angel09: I am starting to wish this week away as I really want to get to my first weigh-in on Monday but I am also worried as my DH is back at work Monday so I am alone with the kids and will have to do all the meal making etc. He has been such a huge support this week I am so glad I decided to start while he was off work.

Breakfast: Strawberry
Lunch: Chicken soup (had it in a mug this time and it went down a little easier)
Dinner: Chocolate

Went out for a bike ride first thing then did 15mins on Wiifit, I long for the day the Wii doesn't make that annoying sound and blow my Mii up then annouce that I'm overweight (IYKWIM)........ although it is satisfying seeing the graph slowing sloping downwards, yeh:)

Hi everyone I started lipotrim yesterday 9th of april also ... I am a food-aholic I really am .. I have been looking for a site like this to chat with people also on the diet... as my friends arnt exactly supportive of the idea of lipotrim so im not really telling them Im on it as negativity will really put me off it and its something i actualy dont want to hear...

anyway as i said i started yesterday .. i cant stop thinking about food yesterday was worst than today (didint help that my friends got take-away and ate it in front of me ) but i stayed strong and didint touch any food :D just kept drinking my water. im in work now just after my first shake of the day and im feeling a bit dazy if you get me ... like an outer body experience lol this is actualy like giving up smoking or alcohol to me as i really do have a problem with food. I currently weigh 14st 11 , Im not at my heaviest as I was 16st 8 last year (that weight dropped off me as myself and the boyfriend broke-up lol (best diet ever) ) were back together now and he's very supportive of my lipotrimness :rolleyes:

well Im rambelling on a bit but best of luck everyone on lipotrim also maybe we can be lipobuddies ;) a support system for each other when we are findin things hard ...

:)
hope to chat to many of you soon xx
Annie :)

What did you mix with the choc to make it minty? Obviously mint, but what kind? Sounds tasty! xxx

Hi I have my bag of Lipotrim goodies and I am staring them on Monday 12th:p. I really hope I have the willpower to stick this out:jelous:. I had a baby 14mths ago and have lost near 2st on my own but need a kick up the bum for my June hols:wave_cry:.

My question is? Is this really hard I mean I am prepared to put the work in - but what gets you through the day:rolleyes:? My hubby and I have 6 children between us (15,12,11,9,9 and 14mths) the younger two are mine (baby being his too!!!) and the older four are his anyway my point is how do I cook their dinners and not be tempted?:break_diet:

I really want and need to loose this weight and am so pleased I have found this site for chats and support day and night - great idea!!!!:D

Will power, and lots of it! And the thought that if anything passes your lips, you may as well not be doing the diet as you won't be in ketosis anymore! And therefore just wasting money.....that's what keeps me going.

When cooking for my 8month old, i open the doors and windows to get rid of the smells (or sometimes my other half does it)

And throughout the day as soon as i get craving i clean/garden/wash up/brush teeth etc etc

GOOD LUCK!! xx

hi charlotte I too am a newbie :) im on day 2
its going great
your right about the diary it will keep you focused I joined this myself to do the same as you
its good so you cna blog away and chat to ppl who know wat u are goin tru !! I hope to make sum lipo friends hehe

hope its going well for you hun x

Hi Rubyalice09
Welcome to the forum...
it's a great way to stave off those times when food cravings strike. Just spend an hour being amused, entertained, energised...and of course motivated by Lipotrimers sharing experiences and general chatter. It really helped me to believe in the possibility that I could really do this. Originally my plan was to do 4 weeks for a quick weight loss then go back to a healthy eating plan to lose the rest.
After losing a stone in 4 wks and feeling better than I have in years, now i'm in for the long haul.
I'm sure you'll get there too. So remember...if you're feeling down - get on-line and get the help you need. we're here for each other in a big way. And it's a good laugh thanks to our wittier Lipo-mates.
Good luck.

Thanks for the advise I will try my very best and I suppose the thought of fitting into nice clothes for my hols in 11 weeks will keep me going!!!!:flirt2:

I am nervous:sigh: yet excited:D but knowing there are others out there doing the same with keep me focused!!!!

Thanks guys!!!:p

Sam
xx

Back