Diary of a mad, I mean FATwoman..

Jayla

So I've decided to do a weightloss diary to inspire myself as well as others. Hopefully I can read this back in a few weeks & say "wow, look how well I've done" - in fact I will look back at this in a few weeks and say "wow, look how well I've done".

This is my second week of the CD & I'm on day 8. I'm feeling really positive about the diet today although I've had a bad day. I went in work two hours early this morning to give myself a head start and hopefully leave early - never happens though does it? Still ended finishing at 4, an hour earlier than usual I guess.. The bad thing is I've only had water all day & just had a milkshake when I got home. I will have one tonight also but I don't think I'm going to fit in all three by bedtime :(

Anyway it'll be a better day for me tomorrow.. I've lost 10lbs already another 300 or so lbs to go (at least it feels like that right now)

Not missing food as such, but I've got a work do tomorrow at an Italian restaurant and I'm dreading it.. How on earth will I survive sitting there with a glass of water.. Happy days! :sigh:

Last edited:
HELLO!!!!!
Youve got a fantastic attitude and I really really believe with this diet A huge part is your mind set!
Keep it all up!

I started at 15stone 7 and went down to roughly 14stone 4 in roughly 3 months and over Christmas so it can be done. Through my own fault I put on half a stone and am back to 14. Tonight was the end of week one weigh in and ive lost 7lbs. STICK with it. Its a great diet with great results!
Can you not miss the do?

When I want to cheat I try to imagine whatever it is I want to eat/ or am about to eat (lol) like an hour later all cold and conjealed... this works great with cheesy things for example I imagine a cold ham and cheese panini all cold, conjealed and stale then suddenly I dont fancy eating it anymore! I know its abit gross but it helps me! I also think is that sandwich/bite of cake etc worth all the money ive spent on the products Ive had so far... again suddenly that sandwich isnt that appealling knowing its gonna cost me £50!!

That may seem extreme but it gets me through! Im keeping a diary too so please stay in touch! Day 9 for me tomorrow x

Hi there Emma, yes I think if I stay positive & motivated then this weight will be gone in no time. I keep thinking to myself now that after a milkshake and all the water I am stuffed, to the point sometimes I can't even finish all the milkshake, so why would I need food if my bodies already full? I refuse to be fat for something that smells nice lol.. I'm on Day 9 today too and feeling more positive than ever, I've just settled down with a green tea going to try & drink 2litres of water before 12pm (here's hoping)

Unfortunately I can't miss the do as I'm the one that organised it, I'll fill myself up on a milkshake before I go though & I shall be fine :) And great way to think about the food, that's how I shall think about the food in the restraurant today - A chef wiping off his sweat & rushing around the kitchen whilst cooking my meal sweating prefusely - doesn't seem quite so attractive now!

We're about the same in terms of weight and I'm pretty sure we both want the same goals so I'll be sure to keep in touch, the ladies on her are just lovely and it's nice to be able to share something with people that understand and are going through the same thing.. xx

(I guess considering I'm writing to myself you can actually say I'm mad as well as fat, but hey maybe my fatness has turned me mad :D)

I want to lose weight and I want to do it for me. I'm sick of getting dressed & having to wear a body shaper underneath everything. I'm sick of refusing to take pictures because I just can't stand how I look in photos. I'm sick of eating so much until I'm so full & I can't move. I'm sick of pretending I'm happy with my "curves" - get real love, you're just fat. I'm sick of not knowing what to wear because nothing fits or conceals my lumps and bumps. I'm sick of sitting in the back of the car because I don't want to be seen. I'm sick of pretending I'm something I'm not. I'm sick of people telling me "you're not that big" when in my heart I know I am. I sick of pretending to be happy..

I want to put on clothes and feel amazing.. I want to put on clothes that FIT.. I want to put on clothes without wearing a bodyshaper underneath.. I want to take a photo and feel fantastic.. I want to know when to stop eating and stop eating so much junk.. I want people to tell me I look good.. Because I do notice. I notice when my sisters get the comments "you look nice", whilst I just get a kiss on the cheek, no matter how hard I've tried... Most of all I just want to be happy.

So that is why I will not succumb to food - the nice smells or the nice taste because I don't want to be fat anymore I want to be slim and comfortable and secure and happy. An anyway my milkshakes do taste nice, so what the hell do I need food for?

I'm going to do this, yes I am, yesss I am, YES I AM!!

Day 9 - Pretty soon it'll be Day 90 so I'm hanging in there. :D

So proud of myself tonight, I had two work do's which included loads of food and snacks and I resisted temptation at both. The first was a monthly meeting with the young people I work with, we always provide refreshments - today as we are celebrating the easter period we had ordered two dozen cupcakes (gorgeous cupcakes from previous experience) crisps, biscuits, fingers, easter eggs :17729:and lots more things that before last week I wouldn't have thought twice about eating, but no I sat there with my glass of water and still enjoyed it. Straight after that we had a booking for 6.30pm at a gorgeous italian restraurant for a work colleagues leaving dinner, and once again whilst everyone sat around me with their pastas and pizzas, I sat there and managed to drink 2 litres of water and once again still managed to enjoy myself. No awkwardness of not eating either, I explained to everyone what I was doing and they were all very supportive, wary but nonetheless supportive. So yes, I can say that I've had an extremely good day. I'm proud of myself and now I can't wait to crawl into bed and start it all over again - one day nearer to weigh in :D

You have a great attitude, not to mention excellent self-control! Congratulations on such a wonderful day!

You have a great attitude, not to mention excellent self-control! Congratulations on such a wonderful day!

Thank-you.. I am trying it's hard when foods around but I want to be slim more :)

Last edited:
Wowzers!
very impressive!
I know how hard it can be alot of meetings I go to are lunch, brunch things where food is provided, I used to love them and think ummm free food and not stuff Id normally have. I havent had the situation this time round yet, but last time I resisted it was hard at first but then I felt so good about myself for resisting and it got easier every time. Like you I felt I still enjoyed the situation which encouraged me more knowing I didnt need food to get through.

Yet again you should be soooo proud of yourself! Im impressed that you told all the ppl at the italian, I havent really told anyone x

Thanks Emma :) I don't know why I told everyone, I'm a pretty open person + I think if anyone doubts me and starts the "you'll never stick to it", "it'll never work" rubbish then I'll just flaunt it in their face in a few months time haha.. How are you getting on? x

You're doing really well! Keep it up - soon you'll be at week 7 and wondering where the time has gone! x

Thank-you Shelly, I really hope so - almost two stone in just seven weeks, wow, I'm inspired :) xx

Ok so this morning I'm not feeling great at all - I've woken up with a runny nose, sore throat, no voice, a high temp (haven't had one of those in years) and best of all a tummy ache from hell - not helped by the fact I have not been number two since I began this diet :/ so gross - I dread when the **** hits the fan, no sorry I meant toilet lol.. Ahh you've just got to laugh in situations like these nothing like being ill to make you want to curl up in your pjs, switch on some movies and snuggle with a pack of choco digestives.. But no no no, I won't because I'm not about to quit at the first hurdle, so I'm about to have a glass of water, a shake, go to work and even walk the hours long walk home this evening.. So goodluck to me, I'm sure I'll need it. Wishing everyone who reads this good luck too xx

Hey Jayla - sorry to hear you're feeling ill and good on you for deciding to stick to the diet! Have loads of tea to make you feel better. :)
As for your toilet problem - are you taking fibre supplements (Cambridge's or other)? CD is very low in the necessary fibre for your body to work well, which is why many of us end up with toilet issues and need the supplements. I also resort to using laxatives at least once a week...and if you started on 25.03 and haven't been since, you may want to consider this just to clean out your system. Speaking from my experience during my first couple of weeks, this issue can get painful :(

Feel better!

Hi Tizzy, yes I've tried laxatives twice now - to no avail. Although the one positive is I haven't had the painful problems that everyone else talks about just an uncomfortable feelings now and again. I was very worried at first but now I know it's a common problem I haven't worried too much. I've got a WI on Saturday so I'll defo get some fibre supplements then.. Thanks very much for the advice x

So I've just got in about half an hour ago - I've had a pretty good day today, still feel rough but nothing that's going to kill me. I got my first compliment today, a woman at work asked if I'd lost weight - surely it isn't noticeable that quick? Maybe she was trying to butter me up lol.. I've just walked the 3 miles home and after just having a shake this morning at about 11 and nothing else all day, the walk has definitely taken the ummph out of me. Going to settle down with a shake, have a bath and hit the sack I think.. Another day closer to WI :)

Good day! Enjoy your bath! :0bathtime:

Hi! I just had to say you are doing fantastic! Everything you said about wanting to stop pretending to be happy and having clothes that fit etc it was like you were writing down my inner most thoughts! Why are we a slave to food it's so annoying! Anyway just wanted to say well done! I was on cd about 4 years ago and lost 4 stone in 11 weeks having said that I have since got married and now have a 2 year old and waiting for it..... Have put on that 4 stone plus 3 more!!!!! I feel disgusted with myself however I am restarting. Hopefully may/June when I can afford it!

Good luck hun keep up the good work! X

ah good luck hun we can do this xxx your doing great x

Jayla
Your doing fantastic! Very very well done!
I know what you mean about feeling ill and wanting to crack but well done for being strong and sticking to it! When you start getting compliments it makes it all worth while doesnt it?

Keep it up my dear x

Hi everyone, many thanks for the support, I'm feeling much better today had my weigh in and I have lost 4.4lbs, which takes me just over a stone in 13 days.. Certainly feeling very pleased about that. Going to try and do some more walking and bring my water up to 4 litres this week so I can aim for 5lbs loss next week.. Hope everyone else is doing ok & yes Emma my dear it really does. I saw my aunts this morning for the first time in about three months and the first thing they said was "oh my, well haven't you lost weight" - defo feels good :) xx

Last edited:
Back