Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass…take 2...

How many calories do you allow yourself a day Mandy?

I have stuck to plan today just a little too much supper, but no sarnies. Off to bed now.

Goodnight xx

Morning Doreen! MFP has worked it out to 1330, it seems a lot but I'd rather take it slowly than go hungry and end up binging. I'll average it out over the week rather than stick to it daily.
Well done for avoiding the demon loaf :D

It's a beautiful day here in leeds and I've nothing planned other than more sewing. I'm missing Rob now, he seems to have been gone for ages. I dare say that within half an hour of him arriving home, the house a mess and the washer full, I'll be ready to send him back to Scotland :)

Breakfast - toast

Lunch - JP beans and cheese

Dinner - Fish finger sandwich

Snacks - Muller and oats, green & blacks mini bar

That's the plan anyway!

good luck with the plan. Don`t look much to me Mandy. I had a late breakfast today but a good size one. Will put it on my thread,

xx

Monday....
I got a text last night from our old neighbours who we haven't seen in ages. They saw some photos of Rob on Facebook and said they almost didn't recognise him, and we'd have to get together soon. I found myself very jealous thinking that he is looking really good, and I've not changed since they last saw me :(
I cannot be beaten by a bloke!
If that doesn't motivate me what the heck will!

I know that feeling. When the NZ family came over Julie had lost weight and I was still the same as four years ago.

I am just back on it now, 3rd day, so hope you can do better with your new motivation. Good luck.

Monday....
I got a text last night from our old neighbours who we haven't seen in ages. They saw some photos of Rob on Facebook and said they almost didn't recognise him, and we'd have to get together soon. I found myself very jealous thinking that he is looking really good, and I've not changed since they last saw me :(
I cannot be beaten by a bloke!
If that doesn't motivate me what the heck will!

I don't like the message in the text but I do like the fact that you're using it to motivate you. Come on Mandy - you've got so far, you can get that little bit further.

Thank you ladies, I think it was the kick up the behind that I needed.
I also had to do the ice bucket challenge on him when he got home (perfect revenge for the mountain of washing he's brought back) and saw myself on the video. Not good :(, I rarely have my photo taken so it was a shock to see how lumpy I'd got.
Never mind, I am now totally determined! I've got about 3 weeks left on online weight watchers so I'm going to use that, it should help me make more sensible choices than the free rein of just calorie counting.

So todays food is

Lunch - tuna wrap

Snack - slice of toast and marmalade

Dinner - Bacon pasta bake

Snack - Muller and oats

Points - 32

I'm going to start a regular Wednesday weigh in so I'll find out where I'm at tomorrow.
Goal here I come :)

Wednesday 27th August

10st 11.5 lbs so not good, but not as bad as it could be :)
I haven't a clue what I'm eating today as I'm out with my Mum, my plan is no breakfast, probably a big lunch and a snack for tea.
Day 2 and my motivation is holding up!

I agree, I do think calorie counting does give you a free rein. I used to use mine on lots of bad food.
As you know I am doing red and green SW and have stuck to it for 5 days counting today. Not done that forever.

Day 2 is only one day - I keep telling myself -

Keep going young lady :)

Hope you got thorough the day without having to resort to too many glasses of wine!

I have absolutely no idea how WW works, but there seems to be a fair few SW members on Minis who have defected recently. Are things a hit more precise than with SW's eat until satisfied but not stuffed? I think portion control is the biggest problem with SW, partly because I never really get hungry and also never really get a feeling of satiety even though I'm trying to eat more slowly and 'mindfully'. I got put off WW many years ago when I looked at a WW diet in a magazine and one of the rules was not to eat more than one piece of fruit a day - as you know, I eat a lot of fruit!

You know me so well Patty. I'm happy to report that not a single drop of wine passed my lips :)

It wasn't the best day, Mums new favourite place for lunch is a brewers fayre and it's tricky to find something sensible on the menu. I'm going to work out the points for various meals to find out the best option. Weight watchers is actually very similar to calorie counting only it has points values, it's slightly better because healthy choices are less points so it does steer you in the right direction. There are two ways to follow it, by using points or filling and healthy which is basically a slimming world rip off. You're not limited to fruit anymore - not that it makes much difference to me!

Thursday 28th August

Breakfast - Toast & marmalade

Lunch - Melba & cow

Dinner - Beef in ale, roasties, Yorkshire pud & carrots

Snack - Rice pudding

Points - 30

Thursday 28th August

Breakfast - Toast & marmalade

Lunch - Melba & cow

Dinner - Beef in ale, roasties, Yorkshire pud & carrots

Snack - Rice pudding

Points - 30

Looks ok to me . how many points for the day besides the weekly points. I had heard they had done something similar to slimming world.

Do you buy WW magazine? Although I do calorie counting I always buy the mag as they have some nice recipes in it with the points and calorie values.
I did SW until I found out I was gaining and not losing - when they said eat as much free food as you want I did and it did not work. :(

Do you buy WW magazine? Although I do calorie counting I always buy the mag as they have some nice recipes in it with the points and calorie values.
I did SW until I found out I was gaining and not losing - when they said eat as much free food as you want I did and it did not work. :(

Lots of people find that. The book says in moderation, and in my eyes that does not men as much as you like. When I am sticking to eat and having "normal portions" I find it does work. But of course each to his own as they say.

Goodluck with your plan :)

Back