Diary of a new mum trying to lose 7 stone, this time I will do it!

sophie1

I have recently joined slimming world for the first time and am aiming to lose 7 stone to get down to 10 stone. My weight has crept up since turning 16, through college, university and then having my little boboy. I've had enough of feeling fat and frumpy, it affects everything in my life especially my confidence. I would like my partner and I to be healthy happy parents able to run around and take our son places like swimming etc. Without feeling embarrassed and ashamed at my size. We have recently moved to Ireland from England and I literally know no one, so it is quite a tough lonely time. Hopefully I will meet people when I go back to work from maternity leave but at the moment it is hard. Joining slimming world has given me something to think about and focus on, as well as giving me a break from the house one evening a week. Any support will be appreciated, good luck every one with your weight losses!

Last edited:
Hi well done one your weight loss you have done brilliantly. Im finding slimming world great, i love all the different recipes which are so nice and easy to make. Ive been looking up recipes on slimming eats and there are some great ideas, the best websiteni have found is slimmingeats, there are loads of amazing ideas with all the syn values worked out.

Yesterdays menu
Breakfast: melon, grapes and mullerlight yoghurt
lunch: left over sliming world veg curry and chips
Snack: weetabix muffins (3 syn)
Dinner: slimming world recipe double bacon cheeseburger with chips and lettuce
Snacks: 2x freddos (10 syns)

Its weigh in day tomorrow so will try and aim for low syns for the next couple of days.

Yesterday's diary:

Breakfast: melon, grapes and apple chopped up with muller light (i saved half and had it for a snack in the afternoon
Lunch: noodles with soy sauce, red onion, mushrooms and peppers
Dinner: 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, peppers and cheese (healthy extra a)
Snacks: walkers french fries (4.5 syns), freddo (5 syns), mini snickers (6 syns)

I weigh in at 7.30 tonight so im trying to have a light day..
Breakfast: apple and banana
Kunch: noodles with soy sauce, mushrooms, onion and peppers
Snack: mini snickers (6 syns)

Im planning on having another veggy omelette before meeting and then 2x ryvita with dairylea when i get home as healthy extra a and b.

Hi :) im totally new to this forum and i didnt really know where to start! Until i seen the 'new mummy' part of the title and thought id come here :) im also a new mummy, well new-ish.. My son is 10months! I live in northern ireland and i have started slimmimg world from home (for about the billionth time) only this time im at my heaviest and i KNOW i need to do something! do you mind if i join in and follow this post? I could do with some support as my partner doesnt know what healthy means..

Ps i have 4-5 stone to lose and lost 5.5lbs last week which was my 1st week back on :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

2.5 lbs off, so i got my half a stone award! So happy it is the most weight i have lost in two weeks ever, just 11 pounds to go to get me in thd ,5s...my aim is the end of the year. I figured if i set myself a little target to reach just after xmas it might helpnme stay focused around all the temptation.

Today was ok but had a bit of a slip this evening...
Breakfast - melon, apple and muller light
Snack - mini snickers 6 syns
Lunch - pasta and sauce with mushrooms and ham
Dinner - chilli with rice and slimming world wedges

I accidentally put in wayyy too much Worcestershire sauce into the chilli sl it tasted strange haha, because i didnt really eat anything i ended up havihg 15 syns worth of chocolate!

Healthy extra a and b were used in 2 ryvitas with dairylea.

Im planning on having a max of 5 syns a day now, this saturday my boyfriend and i are going out for an anniversary meal and i would like to be able to relax and enjoy some wine etc. Then next weekend we are having a family thanksgivinb meal as our familys will all be in ireland and my partners mum is American.

Yep, its so handy being able to save up syns, im not going to worry to much about syns tomorow with our meal but will pull back the rest of the week ready for weigh in. Today has been ok but i ended up using all my syns on a toffee crisp, they were calling out to me in asda haha.

Bahhh so upset with my weight gain from just over relaxing and eating out over the weekend, weighed myself last night and two pounds on aghh, hopefully being good over the next couple of days until Wednesdays weigh in will reduce it a bit. How are you getting on Denise?

Im so sorry Courtney i have only just seen your post! Well done on your 5.5 lbs off, thats amazing! How are you getting on? I tried so many times to do it from home and always gave up after a few days, i think having to weigh in at group really helps me as i have to face the music haha. I managed to convince my bf to come to group with me last week and it has helped a lot, if im craving chocolate in the evening he will remind me how many syns are in it (can be a pain sometimes haha). Having someone else to lose weight with kind of turns it into a competition, coukd you persuade your partner to try as well?

Todays menu so far is
Breakfast 2x oranges
Lunch - slimming world chips, beans, ham and mushrooms

For dinner i am cooking a beef hotpot from a recipe in the slimming world magazine.

My boyfriends mum gave me some scan bran so when i have been shopping this week im thinking of making one of the cake recipes, the curly wurly cake sounds amazing.

I attempted some slimming world haribo the other day, i wouldnt recommend them... they just tasted like slightly more solid jelly!

Bahhh so upset with my weight gain from just over relaxing and eating out over the weekend, weighed myself last night and two pounds on aghh, hopefully being good over the next couple of days until Wednesdays weigh in will reduce it a bit. How are you getting on Denise?

Im so sorry Courtney i have only just seen your post! Well done on your 5.5 lbs off, thats amazing! How are you getting on? I tried so many times to do it from home and always gave up after a few days, i think having to weigh in at group really helps me as i have to face the music haha. I managed to convince my bf to come to group with me last week and it has helped a lot, if im craving chocolate in the evening he will remind me how many syns are in it (can be a pain sometimes haha). Having someone else to lose weight with kind of turns it into a competition, coukd you persuade your partner to try as well?

Todays menu so far is
Breakfast 2x oranges
Lunch - slimming world chips, beans, ham and mushrooms

For dinner i am cooking a beef hotpot from a recipe in the slimming world magazine.

My boyfriends mum gave me some scan bran so when i have been shopping this week im thinking of making one of the cake recipes, the curly wurly cake sounds amazing.

I attempted some slimming world haribo the other day, i wouldnt recommend them... they just tasted like slightly more solid jelly!

I'm doing great Thanks, am hoping to get my 2 st award this week, only half a pound away :)
I make chocolate scan bran cake regularly , love it:D....it has compensated for my 'normal' chocolate bars :D
I have my 14 yr old daughter doing Sw with me, so a bit of competition there week before last we were exactly the same weight, and this week i overtook her by 2 lbs :D
Keep going though, try thinking about what you 'can' have and perhaps some SW alternatives for what you like?

Just to keep my diary updated as i haven't really had time over past few weeks..... i have been sticking to plan and am a 1.5lb off losing a stone, weigh in is tonight so fingers crossed x

Good luck for weigh in x

Another 1.5lb off so got my stone award yayyyy, so happy to get this before xmas. We are over in England for xmas so will be going to a group to weigh in there. My plan is to be 100% this week before weighing in on Tuesday in England. I know xmas eve to boxing day will be wayy of plan, but at least there are four days to make up for it before weigh in.

We had our xmas party night in group last night and i made the slimming worle mince pies. I added a bit of cinnamon and sweetener to the pastry and they were really nice for only 4 syns.

Soo after two weeks in England off plan for xmas i have gained 4.5lb up to 16 stone 8,5lb now. I have my official weigh in at slimming world tomorrow night so will be properly back on plan as of tomorrow.

I am aiming to break into the 15s by the end of the month.

Hi hun Subscribing! I know how u feel with.moving to a newplace and knowing no one. We did this about 8 months ago and sadly as I don't need to work now and I've been bored I've ate ate and ate!!
Good luck for tomorrow evening! Have a fab night xx

Malta must be lovely, it must have been such a big move for you.

Stayed the same at slimming world tonight, happy enough with that! However i did buy a box of jaffa cakes on the way home and am half way through. Its just boredom eating, my oh is out for a meal tonight so its just me and the baby.

Back