Diary of a overweight mum of 3

thank you, you have done amazing, I think I have read some of your diary when I was trying to get all the info I could about orlistat,

julia

Oh thank you, that's very kind. I'm getting there now - 10lbs away from my 10 stone loss. These last pounds go slowly, lol. :) xx

Just had tuna pasta for tea, not very exciting but I had some left from yesterday and kids had tea at childminders so just had myself to make for as husbands gone out for a meal with his work,

i have been talking to some work colleagues today and they were very negative about the pills I am taking, with lots of stories about people pooing them selves and saying they don't work, wish I never told them now,

Julia

Don't let them bring you down. I've only told a couple of people close to me as I can't be doing with people being negative. You are clearly doing the right thing for you...and yes I have no doubt that if you break the rules you will poo yourself...lol.. but it's the fear that keeps us going!! Lol... that's certainly what kept me on the straight anf narrow for the last 5.5 months.... 4 stone down... screw the negative lot!! :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks pudders, I told my mum and husband and they are very supportive, I wish I hadn't told people at work now, but I'm going to carry on as I am because it's going good at the moment I can't even tell I am taking them,

4stone in 5.5 months is amazing, well done, I hope I can do as good as you and Tracy

julia x

Another day at work in the cold, had toast for breakfast with extra light cheese spread, got a lovely bbq chicken and light mayo sandwich for my lunch, just had the bigest banana ever, tea will probably be heinz big soup, these are really nice and low fat as well, then me an husband are taking the kids the york railway museum as there is a nighttime event on so may be back late, but got to be back at work at 6am in the morning,

hope everyone is having a good day

Julia

Morning,

we had a great time at york railway museum last night, the kids loved it, it was so busy though and people were pushing and shoving past us, I dont think I ate enough yesterday as when I added up what I ate I had only had about 900 cals and 18g fat, I need to eat more snacks but dont like a lot of fruit, I went straight to bed when I got in as I had to get up this morning at 4.30am to get ready for work, I started and 6am and have just had some toast with laughing cow extra light cheese spread, luckly I keep some pills in my bag so I could still take them at work, maybe Jacket potato at lunch if the canteen has any?? if not then a ham salad sandwich and a apple and banana for snacks,

Julia

Hey glad you all had a good time.

Its annoying when people are so ignorant & just barge past you all the time, stuff like that drives me mad!

Have a good day at work.

Dxxx

well I have passed the half way mark in to my 12 hour shift, had jacket potato with helmans light mayo and tuna for dinner, hope the mayo doesnt give me any side effects as it wasnt extra light, there was prob only a spoons full worth mixed in with the tuna, it was nice to have a hot meal instead of a sandwich at lunch time as its so cold, also earlier I had a cadburys highlights hot choc, would this be likley to give side effects?

hope I dont get any, cant wait for my 2nd weigh in on monday, at the moment I am the lightest I have been for months,

Julia

Hiya! The hot choc shouldn't give you any problems, not sure about the mayo - just remember it's not the amount you have that matters, it's the fat percentage. :) xx

Hiya! The hot choc shouldn't give you any problems, not sure about the mayo - just remember it's not the amount you have that matters, it's the fat percentage. :) xx
Hi,

thanks Tracy, yesterday was the first day since I started that I went a bit off plan, I was so busy when I got home I didn't really have a proper tea an didn't have the last tablet, also I had a ginger biscuit and a bag of walkers French fries, if I were to get some side effects would it be the day after?

julia

Hi, so far only mild stomach ache but I've got IBS and it feels like what I normally feel like after cirtain foods,

been a good food day had bagel for breakfast, ham cheese cucumber sandwich at lunch an just had tuna mayo jacket potato, I been so busy today, kids back at school tomorow and I,m looking forward to a quiet house for a few days I'm not back at work until Wednesday,

julia

Thanks everyone, I feel I am finally taking control of my eating problems, I really Need to loose weight for health and family life, so I can be happy with myself, and not be depressed about things,

julia

Having a good day so far, have walked 2 miles dropping kids off at school and got good food planned for today, got appointment for blood tests at doctors this afternoon,

my husband bought me a huge bar of galaxy choc even though I told him I am trying to not eat chocolate? he said I don't have to eat it all at once, which I would have done in the past, but I am scared to eat any in case I get bad side effects so I was going to save for crimbo but it goes out of date at beginning of December??

Julia....give it away!!!! Don't have it!!!! I found that I didn't crave choc after a while so am now scared to have it in case the cravings come back. You will have the effects and you'll lose if you don't eat it!! Xxx or soak it in fairy liquid! ! ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Although I think that the essential key to sustained weight loss is not to deprive yourself, I'm inclined to agree with Laura in this instance. At this early stage you don't want that temptation. I think it was about 4 months before I had any off plan eating, by which time I was well established enough on it to be able to get straight back on track afterwards. Nowadays, I'd keep the chocolate until I fancied a treat, then scoff the lot, lol (actually I've had a chocolate orange for the last 3 weeks that my sister gave me after my op and I haven't opened it yet, but intend to eat it this week!). But at your stage, I'd make hubby eat it and ask him nicely not to buy you any more. :) xx

Back