Diary of a overweight mum of 3

Ended up overeating again yesterday, what's wrong with me....?....?...?

really need to focus, weigh in day tomorow

Hi,

I seem to be okay through the day, but when the kids in bed I had a bottle of wine, 4 bags of baked stars and some galaxy choc, which is way less than I used to get through on a evening, I probably had around 2000 cals in total through the day, which is not massively over, and less than I used to eat,

can't wait for weigh in tomorow, going to be good today,

julia

That's not too much over, as you say. Have you thought about eating later in the evening, as you sound like an evening muncher (same as me!)? I eat no breakfast, a mid-morning snack, a light lunch, a couple of evening snacks, then dinner at 9.30pm. That's what works for me - knowing that my main meal is still to come stops me from eatimg too much in the evening. I aim for 1,400-1,500 calories a day. :) xx

Thanks Tracy, I have my tea with kids so 6pm is the latest we eat as they go to bed at 7.30pm, I have been food shopping and have got lots of good healthy snacks now, I'm going to have a better week next week,

julia

julia75 said:
Thanks Tracy, I have my tea with kids so 6pm is the latest we eat as they go to bed at 7.30pm, I have been food shopping and have got lots of good healthy snacks now, I'm going to have a better week next week,

julia

That's great - healthy snacks are key for me. I buy those little snack packs of fruit, Options sachets, Alpen Lights, Eat Natural bars (absolutely yummy!) etc. I did eat a lot of nuts for a while, especially almonds, but I've redistributed my cals a bit over the day and have had to cut them out. :) xxx

Weighed myself this morning and stayed the same, it's my own fault because I lost motivation on Friday and have been off plan since then, back on it now though,

had spaghetti hoops for breakfast, ham and cucumber sandwich for lunch, been crimbo shopping this morning the shops are getting so busy,

my 4week weigh in with doctor is next Tuesday, don't no how much I have to have lost to get another prescription of orlistat, she just said come back in 4weeks, so I must stick to plan this week

julia

Good day with food yesterday, stuck to plan, also good. Today, just made my own chicken goujons with chicken egg and breadcrumbs, they are in the fridge for tonight's tea, going to have rustic chips and BBQ sauce x

It was gorgeous. Had a jacket potato, prawn cocktail, red onion & cherry tomatoes.

Yeah still doin herbalife, loving it 11lbs down so far.

Dxxx

That sound nice, I have jacket potatoes a lot but only have tuna on them, my goujons were nice but a bit bland,

food for today is, weetabix for breakfast, ham and cucumber sandwich for lunch and beef stew with mash and lots of veg for tea,

julia

Its lovely usually I always have tuna or beans but just fancied a wee change.

When I cooked breaded chicken I used to mix spices in with the breadcrumbs for a wee bit extra flavour xxx

After today working next 3days so need to plan food and remember tablets, I had blood tests done last Tuesday and I phoned the doctors today and the results are not back yet.? Didn't know it took so long? I'm not even sure what the tests were for, doctor said to get blood tests when she prescribed orlistat? But I couldn't read the writing on the blood request form?

Weigh in day and sts again, I have been really down these last 4 days, and have stuffed my face, i have got quite a few problems at the moment that are really worrying me, so I have been comfort eating and when the kids in bed I have been drinking a lot, a new day today, 4 week weigh in with doctor tomorow, don't no what she will say about giving me more orlistat, as I haven't been taking them for the last 6 days?

julia

Hi Julia! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. It's difficult to know what to advise, other than to just hang in there, which is useless, I know! I'm lucky in that, although I am an emotional eater, stress and depression don't trigger overeating with me, just the opposite. For me, overeating is associated with happiness and relaxation, so if I'm chilling out, or celebrating, or on holiday, it's food all the way! But if I'm down, like when my Mum was ill and died last year, I don't overeat, because food equals fun in my mind. It may be worth reading some books about overcoming emotional eating, like Beyond Temptation by Sophie and Audrey Boss (I may have mentioned it to you before), as that goes through all the different emotional triggers, shows you that you're not the only one who has them, and advises on how to beat them.

Keep going, hon. Maybe mention this to your doctor - maybe they can refer you somewhere to help with it? :) xx

Back