Diary of a scaredy fat cat!

Seagray

Hi
Where do I start?
Always been fat al my life... well I say that, but after a gastric band, I lost a whopping 10stone! However 2 yrs ago, it eroded into my stomach & it had to be removed!! So, in the last 2 yrs, I have put it all back on & some more!
They wouldnt give me an alternative procedure because I wasnt fat or ill!!!
So now I weigh 24stone!

I've tried: Welsh Slim, Scottish Slimmers, Target Slimmer, Slimming World clubs. Ive tried every other diet in the books including laxative misuse & diet pills, carb blockers & patches! I am currently having Cognitive Behavioural Sessions with therapist to work out why I eat.

Ive never felt so low about my size ever!

So.... I have never tried Weight Watchers before. I have a supportive friend who wants to go herself as well as to help me.
Im a total scaredy cat...Im so worried the scales wont take me!! Im scared I'll fail again.

Sell WW to me! Tell me how good it is & how its so easy.?
Tell me your story. Help me to help myself!

Cxxx

Hi Seagray, Your story is similar to a lot of peoples here so delighted to have you.
I have found WW propoints (new plan) excellent. You have your allowence of points for each day and you also have 49 floating weekly points that you can have for your night out ,few drinkies or whatever is your treat during the week. Doint worry about being shy going to classes . You will see lots of people who look like they have no weight to loose but these could be life members who have lost the weight and are maintaining ,the rest will just be people with the same difficulties as you and there is always people there bigger than yourself. Everyone is very understanding and at the end of the day you are there for you ,not the leader or anyone else. Its great you have a friend to go with you . :D

Make sure that after you are weighed in (all done as privatly as possible --well here in Ireland it is anyway) that you sit down and wait for the class . This is the most important part that will give you motivation and tips and support for the week ahead . I call it my recharge. If you weigh in and go ,you miss the motivation for the week.

Make sure to come on here and let us know how you are doing or have any problems or just want a moan . we all have the same battles and theres always someone on to cheer you up or offer advice. :D

ok.. so today was my first time at WW. I am less than I thought I would be... just 22stone 3lb!!!

Day one: I've had sushi 10pts
Salad 3pts
daily milk allowance 2pts

I get a whopping 45 pro points, so I dont know what I can have for dinner.

I need large dishes that fill me up a huge amount so that I dont snack later!

Any ideas?

cx

Back