Diary of a sugar fairy.

Halwo

Hi all.

I am a 40 year old woman trying to get in to shape, it was never easy for me to diet as I have no self control when it comes to Sugar. and I mean Sugar not sweets but sugar. I have 7 to 8 coffee/tea a day and I use 4 spoons per cup, you do the maths. over the years I gained weight and just did what I do usually with everything else I pretended that all was fine and gaining "couple" of pounds did not change a thing.

I told myself that nothing changed, the person staring at me at the other side of the mirror was still me and that how i view myself and the rest of the world did not change. the fact is that all has changed including how I see my self. I went from outgoing,happy woman to shy, introvert who stopped going out all together as I can't find anything that looks good on me. Sadly this had a profound effect on my relationship with my husband and the rest of the family.

it had such effect that every time, i am getting dressed I go in to the toilet, so that my husband doesn't see my ever expanding waistline.

Long story short, I get tired of how I look and feel and decided to do something about it.

Today is the first day of my new life.

Weight 15st 3.8lb or 97kg

Hight 5ft 4"

Body fat est;51.5%

and hoping to lose at least 3 stone

with me Luck

Hey Halwo, beginning is winning! We've all got battles, but this is a great place to support one another. Have you started your diet?

Hi trimlee, Thank for that. Yes, I did started yesterday and today is day two. I can't believe that I am dieting, but is feels great.

Day 2; missing food, but OK . No headache, no bad mood. So far so good,.. I had a embarrassing episode where my tummy just rumbled in public this morning and would not stop, so much so that I had to move a bit further down the bus stop. Lol

Day 2; missing food, but OK . No headache, no bad mood. So far so good,.. I had a embarrassing episode where my tummy just rumbled in public this morning and would not stop, so much so that I had to move a bit further down the bus stop. Lol

Welcome Halwo!

Well done for starting - in a lot of cases that is the hardest part. And the tummy rumbling is a good sign! Before you know it, the hunger pangs will be gone. It's times like this when you are dieting, that you realise how much food features in all aspects of our lives; for comfort, celebration etc.

The best suggestion I can give is to break the overall goal into smaller goals and perhaps arrange non food related rewards for yourself, say like a manicure, haircut, a new DVD. Anything that will celebrate reaching goals - and keep you away from food!

Good luck with your journey and remember - good or bad - keep posting!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks SheridanLM91 for the good advise, will defo keep that in mind. especially the goal setting advice, that is awesome.

day 9; haven't yet being to a weighing and dreading it. went for a trip to Holland then to France, and being using the past 3 days some shakes a friend of mine had as a left over. I am not sure what I am going to tell the pharmacist, I will go for a first week weighing for tomorrow.
I know that this is not a good thing but it was the only think I could do in my situation. I kept it clean, except 2 days ago when i could not take it any more and had some peanuts.

wish me luck for tomorrows weighing.
aarrrrgg!!!!

Hey Halwo, you've done quite well considering. How was your weigh in?

@Trimlee, thanks .. the weighing was awesome lost 11lp quite happy, considering that i was running in to day 10 .. happy

@Trimlee, thanks .. the weighing was awesome lost 11lp quite happy, considering that i was running in to day 10 .. happy

Fab! Well done :D

hi all.

i am back. well three week ago i ended up being sick and went to hospital, after asking me if i been to Africa or certain part of Asia(and yes, was in Africa) blood test was ordered and boom i have malaria. I was shivering , vomiting , cold and hot. good thing is that it was diagnosed fairly quick and been treated . now i am feeling good and well enough to re-start. to day is day one.
I weight the same as my day one start. well two pound more and that is 15st 5lb.

Back