Diary of a Wannanbe Skinny Mummy & Bride

How's it going? Found a dress yet? Hope you're ok. I've been avoiding the scale until I was sure my Xmas gains had gone again - facing up to the number on Thursday & then it's game on again.

Hi Jamie! Glad you found me! :) xx

Hi hunny, i've found THE dress!! ordered it and i should have it in the next few days!! :) will need altering as it's a size 14 and too big for me so will need even more altering once i'm at target! But I love it and feel wonderful in it :) Hoe you're well, sorry i've not been around much lately, i've started back at work so been knackered every day. It was my birthday on saturday but somehow still managed to lose a pound this week!

Found out yesterday though that my grandad passed away :( so i comforted myself with 77 syns worth of chocolate. So glad I still have until Monday to try to pull it back with some damage limitation! xx

Sorry for your loss - go easy on yourself, what's a bit of chocolate in the bigger picture. A year ago you could have scoffed it without thinking - now you're all accountable for it and reining yourself in is second nature. Go that girl.
And "the dress" must be a great feeling. We still have a vague going to get married in the summer plan but that's as far as we've got. Waiting for that flash of inspiration. All I know is it will be small, intimate and untraditional - just need to find that trigger ... not literally .... no shotgun wedding for me.

haha that made me chuckle hun :) you'll know when it's right!! I'm so glad i have my dress, only 7 months tomorrow until I become a Mrs!! xx

Hello everyone, I'm back. Sorry I've abandoned you this past month, being back at work is so hectic I hardly have the time to get to a computer. A lot has gone on, can't remember when i last spoke to you all so here's an update. My granddad passed away on 29th January, we found out it was a heart attack. The funeral wasn't until the 20th February because he had to have a post mortem with it being so sudden, so I've been down to London for that. Jack got his first two teeth :) he looks so cute with them and i can't believe he will be 1 in just under 8 weeks, time flies by way too quickly! Ben and I were going to do our wedding invites on Monday (just under 6 months to go now!) so we went online to get the address of the reception venue and found out it was sold in december! Have spent all week trying to get hold of the new owners and just managed it tonight and found out they have no knowledge of our booking and that the previous owner is a crook who ran off with a load of room and wedding booking money (including our deposit!) and so now we have to try to claim our deposit back through the card company and sort out if we can still have the reception there if it's still cheap enough. only problem with that is that the new owners have refurbished it and from the photos me and Ben have seen, we don't like it!! So don't know what we're going to do.

Anyway, through it all i've continued to lose weight (with a few stress related slip ups along the way) and I now only have 12lbs left to get to my final target! I'm doing a sponsored slim for candlelighters which is a childhood cancer trust to try to motivate me to lose this last bit because there's a lady in our group who's little boy has cancer and they've really helped them out. Raised £250 so far which i can get work to double, so i'm happy with that :) Ben will be joining group with me on monday too as he's unhappy with his weight (not that he's got that much to lose) so will be good to have his support 100%

Anyway, hope you're ok, and so sorry i've been neglecting you. Will try to get on more often xx

Here's an up to date photo of me, the pic on the left is the week i started slimming world and the photo on the right is me this week :) xx

before and after.jpg

Hi I'm new here but have just read this thread & saw your two amazing pics, what a difference?! You must be so proud of yourself, that through the ups and downs you've mentioned you've still managed to lose an incredible amount of weight, just imagine what you can do in the upcoming months if things are positive for you so you won't face any slip ups, well done & good luck with the last bit you've got left to lose.

Clare xx

Aww thanks so much Clare, that's so lovely of you to say! I've got 12lbs left to lose and i'm hoping to lose it by the time Jack turns one, so that gives me 7 and a half weeks, which is doable if I'm really really good, so we'll wait and see how it goes! Would be amazing if I could say i've lost over 6 and a half stone in just a year :) xx

Re: Diary of a Wannanbe Skinny Mummy & Bride

Thanks hunny :) it was a lovely surprise :) we're really happy. Trying to keep it quiet at the moment as hoping to announce it at the wedding if I dont show too much before hand and give it away!

I was so pleased about my race for life results, really expected to drop down dead whilst trying before I did it but it actually wasn't that bad! Will aim to beat my time next year :) xx

hi! thanks for sharing! it's very nice of you.. I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and have gained a stone!!! I want to control further weight gains by sticking to SW properly... is it possible??? i'm strugling already...

Re: Diary of a Wannanbe Skinny Mummy & Bride

Aww thanks so much ladies. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, I don't get on here very often now with working full time, looking after jack, planning a wedding and now that's over trying to plan christmas! Feel like I necer get a moment to myself! Life is good though :) we're having another little boy, he's due 22nd February. I'm still going to group every week to keep myself in check so I dont go nuts, and I'm not going to lie, it's hard seeung the scales go up and up, but i know its for the health of my baby and I can always lose the weight again once he's born. I know id have gained much more if I hadn't continued going to group so im ok with it. Hope you're all ok and thank you for checking in on my diary! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back