Diary of a Wannanbe Skinny Mummy & Bride

Well done on your unofficial loss Hun, you've lost an amazing amount hope your so proud of u x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hunny! I'm really proud, a whole 60lbs gone since Jack was born! :) only another 32 pounds to go! :) xx

haha I hope so! I just realised that I will have lost 92lbs in total when I get to target, almost makes me wonder if I should lower my target by those extra 8lbs to take me to near enough perfect bmi of 22 and a total loss of 100lbs.... think 9 stone 13 may be too small for me though? I'm a naturally curvy lady! :p xx

Hi hun I you don't mind but I have been reading through your diary, wow what an inspiration you are, you have done so well congratulations xx

Hi hun I you don't mind but I have been reading through your diary, wow what an inspiration you are, you have done so well congratulations xx

Aww thanks so much hunny, that's so lovely of you! :) Thank you for reading and welcome to my diary :) xx

Thanks hun xx

I MADE IT TO A SIZE 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today from ASDA and they fit! I still have a little bit of a muffin top, but as I had a baby 6 months ago it's to be expected and should hopefully go once I've lost a bit more weight :) xx

Congratulations, what an achievement I am so excited for you:D. The feeling must be amazing knowing that your work is paying off.

Hi ladies, sorry i've been missing in action lately. My Mum took a turn for the worse on Sunday and ended up in intensive care. It's been an emotional, scary week, but thankfully she seems to be on the mend now and has been moved back to a normal ward.

I stopped the 30 day shred after 8 days of trying to squeeze it in as i just didn't feel i had the time for it with looking after jack, trying to pack up my mums current house and move her into a bungalow and visit her in hospital every day. I feel like I haven't had a moment to myself! So it's been early to bed for me whenever the chance has arisen. Luckily Jack has decided to be kind to Mummy and Daddy and has slept through the night ALL week! So we're feeling much better than we might have been!

I've had the last two weeks off class as I had them booked as holiday for weekends away, but with everything i've been doing for mum we didn't get away so just used the extra time getting the bungalow sorted. I was nominated for Miss Slinky last week though so will be back in group tomorrow. It's between me and one other in my group so I shall let you know what happens! Hoping to get my 3 stone award tomorrow which will bring me to a total of 4 and a half stones lost since I had Jack six and a half months ago! If someone had told me back then that i'd have lost this much in 6 and a half months i'd have booked them into the local loonie bin! But somehow i've done it and i'm so pleased :)

Jack is doing fantastically with his food. This week he's had home made chicken stew, beef, tomato, spinach and vegetable casserole, and a kind of cheesy salmon fish pie filling that I made and he's loved them all! He's also tried scrambled eggs and melon and cucumber, so it's been a week of firsts! He's enjoying every second of it :)

Thank you all for your support, both with the weight loss and my mum, and I will try to keep you updated a little more regularly in future :) xx

Glad your mum has turned the corner & well done on being nominated for Miss Slinky - with all you've had to do lately you deserve something a bit fun. Let us know how you get on and of course a pic of you all slinky in your dress - good luck for that and weigh in (although with all your running around it must be falling off you).

Glad your mum has turned the corner & well done on being nominated for Miss Slinky - with all you've had to do lately you deserve something a bit fun. Let us know how you get on and of course a pic of you all slinky in your dress - good luck for that and weigh in (although with all your running around it must be falling off you).

Thanks hunny! Will look to get a pic done for you :) It's so strange losing weight. I still look at clothes as if I was a size 20 and need baggy tummy areas to hide my tummy. Although I can see on the scales that i've physically lost nearly 4 and a half stone, it's hard not to feel like I look the same in the mirror. I'm hoping that my mind will catch up with the way everyone keeps telling me I look soon, as I can still get a bit upset and self conscious about how I'm looking and what clothes i'm wearing. I still have a tummy, but I guess that's natural after having a baby. I'm just hoping that these last 2 stone or so that I want to lose will make some kind of a difference in my figure so that i'll finally feel comfortable in it.

Miss Slinky contest should be good tomorrow :) The girl i'm up against is really lovely so i don't mind which of us wins, and it will be a good bit of fun :) xx

I know how the image thing feels - my tummy is starting to tone but I have been doing sit ups every other day recently and it seemed to take forever. Still have a bit of a pudding bowl but when I look down it seems huge - but side on in a mirror not too bad. It's my thighs that are out of proportion and humungous.
I keep thinking being able to put on a 14 is a fluke and a 12 must be mislabelled - still feel fat in my head. iykwim.
Guess it takes a bit of time.

I definitely know what you mean hun, i couldn't believe it when i got into a pair of size 12 skinny jeans! keep wondering if George clothing is large sized? I seem to have lost weight from the feet up (as silly as that sounds) as my feet and legs and bum seem slimmer/smaller but then I just have this belly that when I look down i think i look 5 months pregnant! from the side there is a bump but it's not as bad as it looks from above. I don't think that it helps that i'm finally losing weight off my boobs (yippee!!! :)) as they've always been massive and I was a 40H but am now a 38F, so the fact that my boobs hid my belly before means I can see more of it than I could before, so it might look worse than it it, though trying to get myself to believe that, even though it's logical, is hard work!! xx

Can't believe it!!! I've lost 5 and a half pounds tonight, bringing me to 3 stone 2lbs lost in the 20 weeks since i've joined slimming world, my 3 stone award, and a total of 4 stone 9lbs lost since I had my son Jack 28 weeks ago!! Only 13lbs to go to the initial target of 11 and a half stone that I set myself, which I'm aiming for for christmas and then i'll lower it another stone to my final target of ten and a half stone. Can't believe how much weight i've lost in such a small amount of time! So happy!!!

And to top it all off.... I won 'Miss Slinky 2012' for my group! :) xx

Back