• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Diastixs?

Lily

Gold Member
Um, did you buy Diastix or Keto-Diastix (not the same thing)? Because Diastix test for glucose in your urine, not ketones. I'm really hoping you haven't been duped... :(

SteveM

Silver Member
Never heard of these things.... are they the same as KetoStix?? If so then all you are looking for is a colour to register. Any colour indicates ketones in the urine which means ketosis. It is not "better" to have a darker colour. All that means is that the ketones are more concentrated, which indicates a level of dehydration meaning that you need to up your water intake. The strongest readings are first thing in the morning.

SteveM

Silver Member
Okay. Apparently there are three types:

Diastix, which test purely for glucose in the urine.
Ketostix, which test purely for ketones in the urine.
and Keto-Diastix which do both.

For this diet you want ketostix as we test for ketones.

SteveM

Silver Member
Not if it was me .... they are NOT the same thing, and to my mind you have been mis-sold. Sale of Goods act says that if a product is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold the shop either has to refund or replace.

Clearly Diastix are not suitable for testing for ketones .... I therefore think you are entitled to a replacement. If you asked for sticks for testing for ketosis, then the Pharmacist has made a mistake, not you.

louii

Ah well you can aways check to make sure u are not a diabetic, lol:)

Bring them back, they sold you the wrong thing.