Diastixs?

NewBody

As i dont feel like i've hit ketosis yet and dont no why that could be, I Went to the chemist today and bought some Diastixs so i can check myself.

I tested one in my 'water' but dont no what i'm looking for??!! Or what colour it should be??
Can anyone help plse.

Thanks inadvance folks for replys.xx

Um, did you buy Diastix or Keto-Diastix (not the same thing)? Because Diastix test for glucose in your urine, not ketones. I'm really hoping you haven't been duped... :(

Never heard of these things.... are they the same as KetoStix?? If so then all you are looking for is a colour to register. Any colour indicates ketones in the urine which means ketosis. It is not "better" to have a darker colour. All that means is that the ketones are more concentrated, which indicates a level of dehydration meaning that you need to up your water intake. The strongest readings are first thing in the morning.

Okay. Apparently there are three types:

Diastix, which test purely for glucose in the urine.
Ketostix, which test purely for ketones in the urine.
and Keto-Diastix which do both.

For this diet you want ketostix as we test for ketones.

Looks like i've been given a bum steer!!
The stupid pharmasist sold me diastix and said there the same thing, theres another bloody fiver wasted

Not if it was me .... they are NOT the same thing, and to my mind you have been mis-sold. Sale of Goods act says that if a product is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold the shop either has to refund or replace.

Clearly Diastix are not suitable for testing for ketones .... I therefore think you are entitled to a replacement. If you asked for sticks for testing for ketosis, then the Pharmacist has made a mistake, not you.

Oh no bless. i would take them back like Steve said. You wont know if you dont ask :)

Ah well you can aways check to make sure u are not a diabetic, lol:)

Bring them back, they sold you the wrong thing.

Back