Diced Beef Casserole/Diced Beef?

UglyBetty

Hi can anyone tell me if i can buy lean diced beef? I can't seem to find it anywhere and all the diced beef casseroles i see in supermarkets have loads of fat through them. Where do you all get your meat for stews?

Thanks.

I use Quorn pieces or chicken because we hardly ever eat any red meat these days.

I did notice that Asda have an offer on lean diced stewing beef and it did look very lean too, unfortunately I can't remember how much it was, I hope this helps you.

The packs in Asda are 2 for £6.00 and are really good....very little fat...I cut it off anyway. They are really good value. I got some last night along with some pork escalopes and chicken thighs...again 2 for £6.00.

I get mine from the local butcher, it's very lean. I tell him I want some diced beef which isn't fatty and he goes away and finds some. If he doesn't have any then he'll chop some lean beef up.

Local butchers are fab!

My hubby races remote control cars (yes I know, lol, boys and their toys) one of the chaps he races with is a butcher and he does all our meat xlean and he makes me sausages to my spec too. I am with Jaylou, go to your local butcher they are happy to help. And the quality of meat we get is brilliant and it is loads cheaper. Also I dont know what they do to the chickens but the breasts he gives us are huge, lol!

Back