did anyone else...

stephie77

Silver Member
Panic like a mad person the plan just wouldnt work for them??
Or is that just me??

I'm have been 100% for 2 days but i just cant shake the 'what if' feeling..........think also because i have stopped weighing myself 48000 times a day i kind of feel....a bit lost i suppose.

I do trust the plan and i do believe in it as i have seen all the good results on here.........

God i am a freak sometimes....lol

Xx

Stephie77 xxx

It's almost normal, hehe :)

The worst thing you can do is use the scales as a hop-scotch board, this is where you need to be disciplined and leave them alone until WI day!! I know it's hard, but we are impatient, and we want instant results.

If you're 100% TS you'll do well on your WI :)

Calm down dear, it's all under control. Have a nice cold glass of water and chill out. :)

I've been feeling a bit like this the past week which has led me to fall off the wagon because i don't just trust the diet enough. Obviously starting to eat isn't the solution either. I get really annoyed because it's been a whole week almost and if i'm lucky i will have lost 1lb, maybe even 2lb and i feel like it should be much more. I feel i panic more about the diet because it is so extreme... i think to myself "well all my past diets have failed. If this extreme diet fails then there isn't really anything else to do other than stop eating entirely" and it's a really worrying thought that this diet might fail. Cos it's so hard and there really is no other option to spice up the diet more than it already is.

The only way i get over this is by running through the math in my head and trying to tell myself i know better and that it is impossible to NOT lose weight on this diet and that i will get to goal even if it takes me 18 months or whatever it takes. That any temporary gains or blips along the way are just that, temporary and are not going to end up defining me as a diet failure.

thanks everyone!! scales???? what scales??? (Think thats going to be the hardest bit not the diet!!! LOL)

im tempted to get the OH to hide the scales and get them out for me on WI day. I tend to go for me morning wee (sorry) then hop on the scales, its just a habit now that i cant seem to break.

Maybe you should wee on the scales and then you wouldn't want to get on them :)

ILurvDeCake said:
Maybe you should wee on the scales and then you wouldn't want to get on them :)

Lol niiiice ;)

Why is everyone so scared of the scales :eek:

I've weighed myself pretty much every morning and every night since I started lol

It's interesting to see if things do change much from day to day but to be honest there's been no major ups and downs - nothing worth getting excited about.

We're in it for the long haul (depending on your start point!!) and if this type of diet didn't work for everyone who adheres to it I'm pretty sure this forum would not be what it is - it would be displaying plenty of doom and gloom in negative posts, rather than having the great spirit that it has!!

So what if the scales fluctuate a bit - looking at the bigger picture we'll all get there if we stick to the plan :)

i'm worried that it wont work too, its silly really as i'm dramatically cutting my calories so surely its impossible not to lose xxx

xsararose said:
i'm worried that it wont work too, its silly really as i'm dramatically cutting my calories so surely its impossible not to lose xxx

It works. No issue, if you stick to it, it works. That's it. It cannot not work.
GSQ

It most certainly does work. Don't worry, you will lose. I had the same worries in the beginning but it's really working well for me.

I hope so! i have really gone at this 100% so will be gutted if i get a stupidly small loss! xxx

betaff said:

I've weighed myself pretty much every morning and every night since I started lol

It's interesting to see if things do change much from day to day but to be honest there's been no major ups and downs - nothing worth getting excited about.

We're in it for the long haul (depending on your start point!!) and if this type of diet didn't work for everyone who adheres to it I'm pretty sure this forum would not be what it is - it would be displaying plenty of doom and gloom in negative posts, rather than having the great spirit that it has!!

So what if the scales fluctuate a bit - looking at the bigger picture we'll all get there if we stick to the plan :)

I can weigh daily BUT there are many people who find a fluctuation UP on a scale demoralising and makes them upset, want to give up or binge.

For now, I will continue to weigh daily because I don't get demoralised by it bit if one day I did get any of those feelings I would stop. Continuing on this diet has given me a new life and I will do anything to keep me on the straight and narrow. Everyone should do what they need to do to stay on the plan. If something works for you that's fine but if it doesn't then they should modify. It's sort of like those who have some high protein food to stop them from abandoning the plan completely.

Whatever it takes for you to stay on plan is how you should do it.

:D

stephie77 said:
I hope so! i have really gone at this 100% so will be gutted if i get a stupidly small loss! xxx

Keep at it. I've had a 1 lb loss one week. I keep a track of the monthly losses now too because we are all aiming for the stone a month, anything else is a bonus x

+1 :D

Back