Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Did anyone find....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 27 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ....that their weight losses were less when they ate bars?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Grandma

Grandma Totally Focused

Start Weight:
    21st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    I did suspect this so I did a small test. I stopped eating bars and concentrated on shakes for a week. The following week, I ate bars and upped my water quite considerably. The weight losses were about the same overall.

I came to the conclusion that its the water intake, not the bars or shakes, that determine the extent of the weightloss. I now try to have shakes as much as possible as that ensures that I'm having more water (I mix each shake with 400 mls of water and 6 large ice cubes all blended in). If I eat a bar, I take 750mls of water with it and have at least one mouthful of water to each small bite of bar. Last week, I lost 4.5lbs doing it in just that way which is one of my better weeks.

I haven't deviated from CD ever in the eight weeks since I started and am now quite comfortable with bars or shakes - providing I remember the extra water.

Hope that helps
    Chris
    x

4. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I just started eating the bars 2 days ago! i dont know about you but I've got really bad wind!!! :O

5. Delli

Delli Talks too much

lot of folks say the same lillypop! dont worry!

6. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    does it go away after a while??!! I had teh first one yesterday at work!!! so today I had it tonight instead!! I love the peanut one!!

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i never get wind from the bars and no I don't believe they make any difference to my weight loss

8. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

I wondered this the first week i had them, but looking at my losses since, I would have to say no - it doesn't.

Lily - I have found the wind things settles down...unless you are on an AAM week and have cauliflower on the same day as a bar :eek: :giggle:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.