Did anyone find....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 27 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ....that their weight losses were less when they ate bars?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Grandma

Grandma Totally Focused

Start Weight:
    21st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    I did suspect this so I did a small test. I stopped eating bars and concentrated on shakes for a week. The following week, I ate bars and upped my water quite considerably. The weight losses were about the same overall.

I came to the conclusion that its the water intake, not the bars or shakes, that determine the extent of the weightloss. I now try to have shakes as much as possible as that ensures that I'm having more water (I mix each shake with 400 mls of water and 6 large ice cubes all blended in). If I eat a bar, I take 750mls of water with it and have at least one mouthful of water to each small bite of bar. Last week, I lost 4.5lbs doing it in just that way which is one of my better weeks.

I haven't deviated from CD ever in the eight weeks since I started and am now quite comfortable with bars or shakes - providing I remember the extra water.

Hope that helps
    Chris
    x

4. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I just started eating the bars 2 days ago! i dont know about you but I've got really bad wind!!! :O

5. Delli

Delli Talks too much

lot of folks say the same lillypop! dont worry!

6. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    does it go away after a while??!! I had teh first one yesterday at work!!! so today I had it tonight instead!! I love the peanut one!!

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i never get wind from the bars and no I don't believe they make any difference to my weight loss

8. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

I wondered this the first week i had them, but looking at my losses since, I would have to say no - it doesn't.

Lily - I have found the wind things settles down...unless you are on an AAM week and have cauliflower on the same day as a bar :eek: :giggle:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.