Did anyone stick to the plan on holidays???

lucielou

Hey people! Ok so I am going on holidays in 6 and half weeks for a week.. I am hoping to stay on sole source until then and then go back on it after my holidays. I'm not planning to stuff my face over there, but I will be eating out (prob with dessert) and drinking and I also don't want to be constantly thinking about what I can and cannot eat over there.. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and how much weight have they gained?? I'm getting really nervous about it because I'm only on day 4 and would hate to undo the next 7 weeks in only a week! Hope ye all are having a good day xxx

i'm on holiday from wednesday. going to do atkins whilst i'm there. mind i'm in training for a half marathon so i'll be running most days for about 30-60 mins. i'm hoping not to put on weight!

im going disney next week...and its half board...im thinking i am going to eat what i like..but im more aware of the 'better choices' so meat and small salad sort of thing..however...im not going to weigh myself when i get back im just going to spend the week i get back on ss...well thats the plan :) ..but with all the walking i will be doing im hoping there wont be to much damage..i will be taking a shake for lunch though...and maybe even breakfast :) and just have a really nice main dinner :)

If on holiday I eat what I like, thats part of the problem I guess. I have tried to diet whilst on holiday and found it difficult and depressing. When planning to go on a diet of any kind I try to ensure it is not when I am going on holiday. This year I am not going on holiday in order to try and stay on SS. Will have to enjoy myself some other way this year. Main reason I love going on a holiday is to sample lots of foods.

thanks for the replies guys!

miniS- haha wow two months! haha I think I would be the same about the scales if I was going for that long.. but seeing as it's only for a week I think I will eat normal meals but make the healthier choices. I will have been on ss for 7 weeks by then anyway, so I'm sure my appetite will be a lot smaller than it is now haha

Nikki- yeah the atkins is a good idea and with all that running you will be bound to lose something :)

LadyGrey - ya I think I am planning to do the same as you! I'll just choose the healthier options, like loads of veg and if I'm having carbs it will not be chips :) though I love ice-cream so I don't know if I will be able to resist haha!

phil - I know how you feel phil, I think part of a holiday is to go out for dinner and not need to be worrying about gaining weight. If I had the choice I wouldn't go myself because losing this weight is my no1 priority right now, but it's a family wedding so I've no choice really!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!! :D xx

Back