Did anyone watch Supersize v Superskinny

Minnie64

Think thin
I taped it so just watching it now. Is this guy for real? He says he doesnt understand why he is so bit. Not being funny but does he not see what he is eating? His portions are absolutely enourmous - sorry but he must be in denial. Hope he manages to see what is happening, bless him xx

I love this show! Whenever I have a weak day or feel abit pants I'll want the show to keep me on track as the potential health risks put me off for life going back to how I used to eat! My favourite part is the feeding tube when you really see all the food they eat! Anything weight related to be fair I'm obsessed with! Fat families, biggest loser, you are what you eat!

Yes I tape every programme about diets or obesity! I also watch cookery programmes although I have never had any interest before CD. Bizarre. Favourite at the moment is Hairy Dieters - dieting and cooking!

Awww I love that show! They are just hilarious those hilarious two together!

I watch Supersize Vs Superskinny literally 2/3 times a week, & i have done since starting this diet back in March.
I find it comforting to know i'm no where near as big as them anymore, but once apon a time i used to be.

Its weird to think in some cases i was just as big, if not bigger than than some of the supersizers! Comments such as 'oh but you're tall, you carry it off well' didn't help much either why can't peoe just say you're fat to your face!

.. Just like people telling me because i'm tall i'll look silly at my goal weight which is 11 stone lol.
I don't care what ANYONE says, i'll get there.. and i'll have the last laugh :) x

Exactly! At fat camp after telling me what a t**t I was for been on this diet, how id put it all back on and the usual bull crap that goes with people who haven't gotta clue about cambridge, he then had the nerve to day 'well babe it's not like you're ever going to be a size 12 is it?!?' and rhen said just accept the way/ shape are you I thought you jumped up steroid pumping idiot! I'll be whatever size my goal weight takes me to be thankyou! We'll all have the last laugh!

I taped it so just watching it now. Is this guy for real? He says he doesnt understand why he is so bit. Not being funny but does he not see what he is eating? His portions are absolutely enourmous - sorry but he must be in denial. Hope he manages to see what is happening, bless him xx

Sometimes, obesity is linked to mental health problem. Denial can be part of it. Look at body dysmorphia. Some people see themselves as huge or slim when it is the total opposite. And to be fair, he may have been encouraged to say something like that: there is nothing that the Great British public love more than a bit of fat bashing, sadly :( And we know how that hurt. :(

Its weird to think in some cases i was just as big, if not bigger than than some of the supersizers! Comments such as 'oh but you're tall, you carry it off well' didn't help much either why can't peoe just say you're fat to your face!

Well I had the opposite experience. My lovely slim-obsessed dad kept telling me, my sister and even my mother that "we were stuffing our faces, blah, blah, blah". Even when I was a teenager and a size 10 :( So I resorted to eating in secret because I didn't dare eat in public anymore. And it's still with me nowadays. I find it really hard to eat in public and am paranoid that everyone is think "look at that fatso stuffing her face, tss tss" :(

.. Just like people telling me because i'm tall i'll look silly at my goal weight which is 11 stone lol.
I don't care what ANYONE says, i'll get there.. and i'll have the last laugh :) x

And that is my mother... (LOL, I promise you, my parents are truly lovely people and I adore them but sometimes :mad: ) You're going win. I am going to win. I really want to see if I can be a size 12 (and even 10 for tops as I am pear shape). My mum is adamant I will look too skinny in a size 12. We will see...

Exactly! At fat camp after telling me what a t**t I was for been on this diet, how id put it all back on and the usual bull crap that goes with people who haven't gotta clue about cambridge, he then had the nerve to day 'well babe it's not like you're ever going to be a size 12 is it?!?' and rhen said just accept the way/ shape are you I thought you jumped up steroid pumping idiot! I'll be whatever size my goal weight takes me to be thankyou! We'll all have the last laugh!

What a **** !!!!!! I did conventional diets and put it all back on and more! AND it was one I did with a dietician! Cambridge is no different from other diets!!! And way to motivate... We should send Jillian to kick his a*se. See how he likes it, LOL

Book-Worm said:
Even when I was a teenager and a size 1:( So I resorted to eating in secret because I didn't dare eat in public anymore. And it's still with me nowadays. I find it really hard to eat in public and am paranoid that everyone is think "look at that fatso stuffing her face, tss tss" :(

What a **** !!!!!! I did conventional diets and put it all back on and more! AND it was one I did with a dietician! Cambridge is no different from other diets!!! And way to motivate... We should send Jillian to kick his a*se. See how he likes it, LOL

I'm totally the same bookworm... I feel all eyes in me whenever I go to counter, supermarket or whatever! When I'm out with my friends and they're eating I feel like even they're thinking bet you wish you could eat this fatty! I can't help it! I've always been awkward about food and eating much to the annoyance of family members lol!

My CDC just laughed when I told her about what the idiot said and said how she'd like to take the army of clients she's helped lose and maintain their losses! I explained calmly the different steps and that it's not like you do the shakes (which is only one step out of six... He also didn't know!) and then it's goodbye you're thin go live, there's maintainence and steps in place to help you not put the weight back on! And he had no comeback... Saying nothing while drinking his protein SHAKE! <--- and the food he ate was pretty much SS+/ step 2 at the highest! All he could admit was 'oh I've heard they've gotten better' I don't know the history of Cambridge so couldn't comment but he did patronising ask me to add him on Facebook as he said it'd be interesting to see if I manage to keep the weight off... In other words if he can gloat about been right!! Definitely upped my motivation even further! Least do your research before passing comment!

I love jillian! She's awesome when I've lost 2 more stone I'm going to get that shred DVD and hopefully prolong the loose skin that'll follow from the years of DIY VLCDs I've subjected myself to before seeing the light and just coming to Cambridge!

Back