did I make wrong choice?

debtin

Gold Member
Ok so today I am tryin green day again. Had porridge with milk for breakfast. Then two tangerines for snack. Just had cous cous with red pepper, pesto and feta cheese for lunch but there is bag full crisps in work, all having more than 140 cals...deciding I wasn't full up I declined the crisp for mug shot. Have asked something similar during week but would this have been the best decision?

I don't actually know what you're asking us? Did you make a wrong decision in refusing the crisps? :confused:

Also if you already asked a similar question you should have searched for it instead of starting a new thread :)

*EDIT*

I had a look at the other threads you started and there was no need for this one as it was already answered for you! :)

Last edited:
Yes confused as to why the answer would be mug shot if am honest. Doubled my calories because mug shots are "free" so to speak. Yes I could have and would have added to previous post but don't know how to do it on my phone. Suppose what I am lookin for was an opinion on what others would have done? Mug shot or crisp or even both? Yes its personal choice and if I have syns I can use them. My weight loss is slow and wonder if choices like this are reason behind it. I know we don't count calories and my post is prob irrelevant am just seeking a logical way of makin right choice. In hind sight I prob should wait til at home to post but cos I am at work I wanted to know sooner....thanks for your reply x

I don't think anyone in their right mind would tell you to eat the crisps!

Crisps are fattening and yes they maybe contain less calories but they aren't going to fill you, theres more chance of a mugshot filling you than a bag of crisps! :)

The only thing I could say to help you is that if you're just eating for the sake of eating, then the MugShot would probably be just as bad as the crisps, in a sense.

You should eat when you are hungry and stop once you are full.

SW isn't about counting calories so don't compare the number between the two. If you're hungry & need (I say need as in not eating just for the sake of it) to eat, I'd suggest to choose superfree first, then free food (which in cases of MOST mugshots they're free) then use your syns.

Thanks everyone. It was a poor portion of cous cous and found I was hungry and the crisp were staring me in face. Was just fighting myself about best option and your right as I am totally satisfied now and will be til I get home. Lately at home I will have low syn crisp like space raiders at 63 cals per pack. Was just because I was faced with an option. Usually the crisp are not there, I don't carry money and always eat what I have planned. Just a moment (again) of not knowing. I had also been resisting mug shots thinkin of the cals too much but will learn stop this. Thanks everyone. Appreciated x

Thanks everyone. It was a poor portion of cous cous and found I was hungry and the crisp were staring me in face. Was just fighting myself about best option and your right as I am totally satisfied now and will be til I get home. Lately at home I will have low syn crisp like space raiders at 63 cals per pack. Was just because I was faced with an option. Usually the crisp are not there, I don't carry money and always eat what I have planned. Just a moment (again) of not knowing. I had also been resisting mug shots thinkin of the cals too much but will learn stop this. Thanks everyone. Appreciated x

Yeah you really have to stop that as you've just told us the amount of calories in a packet of space raiders and not the syn value! SW is not about counting calories! :)

Ignore the calories - Slimming World is about Syns.

I know it's hard getting out of one frame of mind, but you need to learn to stop calorie counting and just believe in the plan.

I was just going to say the same as VC - its not about calories, its about the syn value.

And one piece of advice I always go by - if you're cosndering using syns, look up the value BEFORE you eat, something may be lower in calories & seem a better option but it could be much higher in something else & could end up having a higher syn value than another option.

Hi

Mug shot will keep you fuller for longer so I say you made a sensible choice. I tend to to think of syns as calories for stuff that isn't free as I work by rule of thumb that 20cals is 1 syn as saves me making bad syn food choices. Never feel bad for posting a question - one of my teachers always said there is never a silly question if the answer helps :)

If you want the crisps and have the syns for them, then there is no reason you can't have that instead of the mugshot. Stop focussing on the calories, just don't think about them (unless you're trying to work out a syn value). Like today I have been craving chocolate so I had chocolate, (though I'll have to cut my syns down tomorrow to allow for it) but there is nothing wrong with it. At that moment you were faced with a choice, but there was no right or wrong it was just a case of do i use my syns or go free, you opted for syns, nothing wrong with that.

Back